DGP Haryana reiterates citizens right to self-defence

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

DGP Haryana reiterates citizens right to self-defence

Post by mundaire » Fri May 27, 2016 3:16 pm

Please see this speech by the Director General of Police Haryana and don't miss the asinine commentary by the brain dead TV journalist.

For those who cannot understand Hindi, the DGP is reminding citizens that they have a right to self-defence, which extends to use of lethal force, not just in one's own defence, but also if they see a violent (criminal) act in progress against any other citizen.

The TV journalist in the video is trying to sensationalise this and is saying that the police officer is encouraging vigilantism, makes one wonder if the journalists on the crime beat even know anything about the law! :evil: :roll:
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: DGP Haryana reiterates citizens right to self-defence

Post by spin_drift » Fri May 27, 2016 4:39 pm

mundaire wrote:makes one wonder if the journalists on the crime beat even know anything about the law! :evil: :roll:
Most of them I talked with know jack sh!t about self defense laws. And one who knew about the laws told that that news stories where the victim fights back and kills that attacker are not a prime time material as it does not help with their TRPs.

Added in 17 minutes 21 seconds:
we need to start complaining about this type of content to relevant authorities. And as per News Broadcasters Association it is compulsory to first make a formal complaint to the concerned broadcaster.

And for ABP news the contact person for registering complains is:
Kishan Singh Rawat
Head- Admin & Regulatory
Email : [email protected]

http://www.abplive.in/contact-us

http://nbanewdelhi.com/How-to-Make-a-Co ... sp#viewers
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Fri May 27, 2016 5:38 pm

Reporters have left journalism long back. Now only TRP's and deals works with most of the TV channels and news papers.

When a reporter is attacked (i mean slapped or abused with words) they make a big statement in respective media for public apology. And when a person has use self defense its a crime.

Last Monday 23 May a murder happened in front of my eyes when I was passing through Mahabubnagar town. See first 1 min of video Mahabubnagar Murder. Everyonw where watching even the traffic constable near that scene. As traffic jam occurred, reporters were just taking pics and doing their usual stupid reporting...
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Fri May 27, 2016 6:24 pm

I applaud the DGP for his boldness, may his tribe grow. If the good people are not shackled by the complexities of aftermath , many bad people will rethink twice before committing a crime with carefree nature, knowing that there could be a challenger nearby .
As regards reporters these days, their quality has deteriorated to the extent they only seem like brokers or black mailers.
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

Vakil Saab
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Vakil Saab » Fri May 27, 2016 6:55 pm

Off Topic
Speaking of which, we also have the right and duty to carry out the arrest in certain cases when there is no police nearby:

Section 43 in The Code Of Criminal Procedure, 1973

43. Arrest by private person and procedure on such arrest.

(1) Any private person may arrest or cause to be arrested any person who in his presence commits a non- bailable and cognizable offence, or any proclaimed offender, and, without unnecessary delay, shall make over or cause to be made over any person so arrested to a police officer, or, in the absence of a police officer, take such person or cause him to be taken in custody to the nearest police station.

(2) If there is reason to believe that such person comes under the provisions of section 41, a police officer shall re- arrest him.

(3) If there is reason to believe that he has committed a non- cognizable offence, and he refuses on the demand of a police officer to give his name and residence, or gives a name or residence which such officer has reason to believe to be false, he shall be dealt with under the provisions of section 42; but if there is no sufficient reason to believe that he has committed any offence, he shall be at once released.
Salutations to Him who protects the world by the might of His drawn bow, to Rudra the destroyer of all miseries; to the Lord of the fields and sacred places, salutations.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Fri May 27, 2016 7:10 pm

Dear StampMaster,

What exactly do you want the people and the police to do after a man has already been murdered and dead ? People are not trained to react in such situations. They including normal police would be shocked first and would be unable to do anything for some time. And in that time the murderers escape. And the reporters are doing their job.

Regards,
GNV

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Sat May 28, 2016 12:32 pm

Dear GNV,

I believe in fair treatment. I'm not against any govt, people, department or any individual. I am against their views. Sometimes, even my own family.

In India, people ideology towards arms is just deteriorating. And news, reporters etc are the reason for publicizing. No one want to talk about crime rate at Coorg or where countries where there gun right are liberal. The amount of crime is inversely proportional to gun holders.

When I brought 30 knife set from Dubai for my chef cousin, no one questioned me at home. Now, when I asked for a cold steel for myself, I am being interrogated at home.

People who have death threats aren't given license or protection from police. We're not even allowed to self defend themselves. SELF DEFENSE is individual's right, responsibility and duty.

There are about 70 licenses in that district pending for last 2 plus months as the DM does not want to sign their New/renewal etc AL applications. So why the heck we pay taxes for?

Edit- Journalism is to educated people with info, latest news. But today it has just become entertainment.

This is a clip from telugu movie. it shows what exactly tv channels show in prime time. News- If this then that, Adding masala to news. And apoligies me, for not translate\ing.
Last edited by StampMaster on Mon May 30, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sat May 28, 2016 5:57 pm

Bravo to the DGP!

That journalist did not know what he was elocuting about.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sat May 28, 2016 8:08 pm

Dear StampMaster,

I am talking about this.

" Everyonw where watching even the traffic constable near that scene. As traffic jam occurred, reporters were just taking pics and doing their usual stupid reporting..."

Thats all.

I believe in RKBA.

But in India as every Indian living in it knows one has to fight for his rights. That is the sad state we are currently living in.

Regards,

GNV

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Sun May 29, 2016 4:31 pm

Hi Abhijeet,

Good to know that such a highly placed police official has acknowledged the fact that they cannot possibly be everywhere and that people have the right to kill in self defense of oneself or ones.
However, some street violence may be justified like in cases where the 'victim' or 'victims' may have actually been the perpetrators previously or are violent criminals themselves and are possibly getting payback or a dose of their own medicine. Hence to intervene in a fight or violence between two individuals or groups may not always be the smartest thing to do :?
Over all a brilliant speech made by a very gutsy cop in the top position who said what he had to very bluntly and in no uncertain terms. Bravo sir!
The journalist should be commending the DGP for having the guts to say what he said, instead of trying to make him look bad :evil: :evil:
Last edited by SMJ on Sun May 29, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sun May 29, 2016 9:24 pm

Very heartening indeed to see the police top brass finally acknowledge the need for the common man to not just rely on the police for their safety. He's raised some very pertinent and realistic points.

Kudos to the DGP!

Cheers,
SS

RoyalSingh
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by RoyalSingh » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:45 pm

Really appreciate honesty and straightforwardness of this high ranking officer.
Its imperative and extremely essential that people are made aware of their rights first.
These TV channels would make people drool on some nonsense crime scene report but wouldn't let people know their conduct.

Anyone living in North India especially the NCR region, understands the importance of self defense laws.
May be if government could liberate gun control on these grounds, India would be a safer place.

Regards
Royal Singh

indiaone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by indiaone » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:21 pm

Very few citizens are aware of the right to self defence provided under Indian Penal Code. It is quite elaborate and gives a very wide power to the citizen.The Government should educate the general public about these provisions of the law. The Police in each State should also be encouraged to treat all cases of use of force in self defence with proper care, so that there is no legal problems for the innocent citizens.
Unfortunately , the anti gun lobby has a much stronger voice in India today. So very few citizens are today equipped to take on even petty criminal like snatchers, who have an unrestricted supply of fire arms.Media report on crime in major cities give a clear indication of increase in the nuber of illegal firearms available with the criminals. On the other hand it is becoming increasingly difficult for a Citizen to possess a firearm and to keep it in his possession, without frequently depositing the same in the police station from time to time, as per the instructions of the local administration.

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:41 pm

now thats a sensible COP . lets get in touch base with him. we need more people like him to come forward
I dont dial 911... I dial .357