self defence

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
Dhananjay25
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

self defence

Post by Dhananjay25 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:11 pm

i study in a university situated 50 kms from my place. for self defence purposes i want to own a gun or a pistol. how can i get it? i stay in delhi.

For Advertising mail webmaster
essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Re: self defence

Post by essdee1972 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:29 am

Why?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hockey sticks were sufficient when I was in college!! ROTFL ROTFL

You aren't studying in Libya or thereabouts, I hope?
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

abhi11
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by abhi11 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:45 am

Hockey Sticks are difficult to carry bro, we used knucle puch or cycle chain
Regards
Abhi

" All In All We Are Just Another Brick In The Wall"

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:48 pm

critic bat. lol works all the time
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Lanceman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lanceman » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:19 pm

carry a Nuke, no arguments....
It is better to die on one's feet than live on one's knees.

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:56 pm

Hi Dhananjay,

May I ask why do you feel the need for self protection ? have you been threatened or intimidated by someone and are scared. If so, speak to someone elder in your house and confide in him your concerns. If necessary and with counsel , approach the Police for protection . As essdee rightly puts in , you are not in Libya and ordinarily there is no real danger, specially in Delhi.
I remember one thing which my father used to tell me often...the strength is in the mind, not in the muscles (or guns).

Take care and be safe...

Chicky
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:41 am

xcatly dhananjay has the advice u need. when i was in collage and feeling insecure i carried 1feet steel pipe under backseat of fz has one end cut one end diagonally resembling angled elipse later i carred 5foot long lathi on the side of fz. what ever u do dont complicate the situations ure in and try to avoid those situtations

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:48 am

practice early morning running, comes very handy in a fight and has many side benefits as well
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:26 am

nagarifle wrote:practice early morning running, comes very handy in a fight and has many side benefits as well
Well put :D :D
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:56 am

Even Bruce Lee once said running away from a fight if possible is the best way to prevent a fight. Practice running and learn mixed martial arts for self defense. Try to use the first always. If not possible use the MMA and if you are still able to after the fight run to the nearest police station.

Neyalsinger
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Neyalsinger » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:06 pm

I don't think you need to equip yourself with a gun at this point in time. Learn some martial arts. Keep a Knuckle duster handy.

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:31 pm

GNV wrote:Even Bruce Lee once said running away from a fight if possible is the best way to prevent a fight. Practice running and learn mixed martial arts for self defense. Try to use the first always. If not possible use the MMA and if you are still able to after the fight run to the nearest police station.
:lol: :lol: :lol: also keep the visiting card of local MLA(and or Bhai,Dada, Bhau, Pista...) and a large Gandhiji in the pocket at all times if you choose the last option.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:22 pm

Dhananjay25 wrote:i study in a university situated 50 kms from my place. for self defence purposes i want to own a gun or a pistol. how can i get it? i stay in delhi.
As per Arms Act 1959, if one is a citizen and not offending Sections 9 or 14, he must be issued a license. Basically it means if one is twenty one years or more, is not convicted by court for some heinous crime and of not unsound mind, should get gun license.

But practically it is almost impossible for most of the applicants, unless they have sufficient patience and mental resolve to pursue the matter to its logical conclusion in courts.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:29 pm

We don't know the place he lives in and the times he has to travel. Some places are more prone to crime than others. He is not saying that he wants it for protection from fellow students.

A firearm may not be the only solution to him or even appropriate. But we don't know that.

Dhananjay,

More than owning a firearm, it is extremely important to consider and be aware of the responsibilities that go owning with one. Also, reading about self-defence may help you better. All self-defence techniques do not involve violence or counter-violence. Many involve de-escalation and evasive actions.

Do go through those issues. You will find them a lot more useful.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

AKYOGI
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by AKYOGI » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:34 pm

Develop your awareness. Get strong. Learn to fight - not for show or competition but for your life. And learn to avoid fight unless it is absolutely necessary. If you have fighting as the only option, go all out. And here are some of my toys. Brass knuckles, expandable baton, fighting knives (not the puny folders but real fighting knives) and a mindset to use them when necessary.