Don't Get Bullied!

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Don't Get Bullied!

Post by main13 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:49 am

I hail from a particular district in Uttar Pradesh known for its political ways & goonery (tell me one place that is not known for it actually!). Jungle raj is the law of the land, thanks to the ruling political party!

A gang of neighborhood punks were busy sticking Panchayat Election posters all over my freshly painted boundary wall. When I scolded them from inside, they instead started hooting & making faces at me...

Fir kya thha.. De joota, De laat!
Beat up two of them chumps, chased away the rest.. When their 'netaji' turned up, threatened him of filing a complaint with police & state election commission.. Then made the idiots wash my boundary wall... Sweet Revenge! :twisted:

Moral of the story, don't get bullied - utilise the bully's strength to clean your house! :twisted: :lol: :D
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods.

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Don't Get Bullied!

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:03 am

Doesn't work with everyone. The politician got scared about getting involved with the police and mostly due to threat of election commision.
It may have been a local gunda politician who imagines that no one can touch him from the police department and election commision (dekha jaiga). The only thing that would be in his mind would be that he has been insulted in front of his followers and he has to take action to maintain his image of being a fearless leader.
More likely to happen if fellow is uneducated.

Atul

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:33 am

main13 wrote:
Fir kya thha.. De joota, De laat!
Beat up two of them chumps, chased away the rest.. When their 'netaji' turned up, threatened him of filing a complaint with police & state election commission.. Then made the idiots wash my boundary wall... Sweet Revenge! :twisted:
I was waiting for the part where you wake up from the dream ROTFL
Just kidding :mrgreen:

On a serious note, why didnt you beat up the 'Netaji' too when he showed up? After all he was the one finally responsible and answerable for the whole act right.
So why resort to violence first, beat up the hired helps and then resort to 'I will complain to the authorities' guise when confronted by the person ultimately answerable?

Even as kids, when we had our little fights in school, there were clearly 4 sets of people.
1. Who get beaten/bullied silently
2. Who get beaten/bullied and go to the authorities without themselves resorting to any violence.
3. Who get beaten/bullied and fight it off themselves to the end till they are no longer beaten/bullied.
4. Who get beaten and bullied but will only fight off those who are much weaker than themselves (also, while doing this, they will act like pseudo bad boys themselves). The minute they are faced with another kid who may be stronger than them, they get all cold feet, run and hide behind the teachers and "authorities".

I personally feel the fourth kind grow up to be the least of men.
:cheers:
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:33 am

no violence..not my virtue..
regards
dr.jk

main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by main13 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:03 pm

dr.jayakumar wrote:no violence..not my virtue..
regards
dr.jk
Sir nonviolence IMHO is a state of mind. I see it as very different from cowardice which I find even worse! As Krishna said, "No shame in defending your right"! Am more inspired by Arjuna & Bose than I am by Ashoka or Gandhi! :mrgreen:
aadhaulya wrote:Doesn't work with everyone. The politician got scared about getting involved with the police and mostly due to threat of election commision.
It may have been a local gunda politician who imagines that no one can touch him from the police department and election commision (dekha jaiga). The only thing that would be in his mind would be that he has been insulted in front of his followers and he has to take action to maintain his image of being a fearless leader.
More likely to happen if fellow is uneducated.

Atul
Sir if a bunch of crooks stands outside your house, messes it up, then mocks you for it, in all likelihood you would respond the same way... IMHO politicians in India are turning out to be more & more of pepped up convicts than the 'Samaj Sevaks' they're meant to be.. If you & I don't put a stop to it, there may soon be a time when you be scared of stepping out of your house!

There are these local goons & crooks living some distance from my parents' house. The colony guys are all mostly the usual Indian pussies so they don't speak even when their property is being messed with.

My motto in life is to live free with my head held high & I'm ready to fight for it any day. Besides my belief is that there should be a terror of the good in the hearts of the bad.. The netaji can give it a try, in fact I would like him to try.. like Musharraf says, we don't have nukes (Ok I have a gun, no nukes yet!) to fire on Shab-e-Barat! :p
kshitij wrote: On a serious note, why didnt you beat up the 'Netaji' too when he showed up? After all he was the one finally responsible and answerable for the whole act right.
So why resort to violence first, beat up the hired helps and then resort to 'I will complain to the authorities' guise when confronted by the person ultimately answerable?

Even as kids, when we had our little fights in school, there were clearly 4 sets of people.
1. Who get beaten/bullied silently
2. Who get beaten/bullied and go to the authorities without themselves resorting to any violence.
3. Who get beaten/bullied and fight it off themselves to the end till they are no longer beaten/bullied.
4. Who get beaten and bullied but will only fight off those who are much weaker than themselves (also, while doing this, they will act like pseudo bad boys themselves). The minute they are faced with another kid who may be stronger than them, they get all cold feet, run and hide behind the teachers and "authorities".

I personally feel the fourth kind grow up to be the least of men.
:cheers:
I didn't post this to get a character certificate based on second-hand information but to share with others what I went through. In UP, crooks roam free doing their usual low-life activities & only the fittest survive.. In a jungle, might is the right, however unpleasant or unfortunate it may be...

Having said that, none of them were 5-yr olds, all of them were in 18-25 age group. If a bunch of thieves & petty criminals gathers around your house, messes it up then mocks fun at you thinking they can get away with it, there are very few courses of action available, none of which is pleasant.

In my case I DID shout at them from inside my house to shoo them off.. Not only did they continue posting their garbage on my wall, they even decided to mock me about it as they do with others...

What they didn't take into account was my willingness to defend my property. I hopped off my first floor balcony behind my house on a dark patch, circled around & nabbed the eldest one directing others in messing up my wall (About 25, later turned out to be netaji's younger brother, also contesting panchayat elections).
Both him & his sidekick nearby, showed no fear & instead proceeded to attack me instead counting on their numerical superiority.. It was only when they started getting their butts beaten that they started pleading "Bhaiya maaf kar dijiye...". The rest quickly scampered off to call their Netaji (who thinks he's a bad-donkey just shares his surname with the UP CM).

Mom was screaming at me from rooftop because dad kept her inside. Dad was actually shouting, "Peeto badmashon ko!". Wife was the only one willing to assist with my gun if at all needed, I married her because she can shoot! :mrgreen:

By the time Netaji turned up, dad had already called a subinspector from local thana doing his rounds. Colony people had also gathered some courage, came out & generally supported me as they too face it everyday.
Netaji turned out to be an ex-student of my mom & did a quick feet-touching drama. Since the guy was in no position to argue with a whole colony, he acted the usual slimy-neta way...

While everyone was supportive of filing a police complaint, mom being mom, had her way & let the man go scot-free. I in turn asked Netaji to get his minions to wash my walls which he did most happily. He also admonished his younger brother (the guy I nabbed first) for "behaving like a goon"... :P

This is how the drama unfolded last night. I think anyone else in my shoes would have done something similar. Now that the jury is better informed, they're welcome to pass their judgment. I'm born & brought up in UP so I do what I must & don't let the law bother me too much anyways! :mrgreen: :P :lol:

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:12 pm

Doesn't work with everyone.

Agreed! Happy for you Main13 that it ended in your favour on this occasion (y)

Sobo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sobo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:44 pm

And this is the exact reason why we need a law like the Second Amendment. That if our government became atrocious and tyrannical, we as citizens have the arms to overtake them and restore balance to the country.

main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by main13 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:03 am

Sobo wrote:And this is the exact reason why we need a law like the Second Amendment. That if our government became atrocious and tyrannical, we as citizens have the arms to overtake them and restore balance to the country.
I feel that there needs to be 'differential' treatment for citizens as regards issuing of licenses. People with criminal records need to be stripped off weapons of any kind. That would immediately neutralize half the white-collar crime in country. But then, expunging criminal records is only a matter of few thousand bucks in India. Its no coincidence we have antinational/antisocial elements sitting in highest echelons of power in India today.

Secondly the private defence manufacturing sector must be allowed entry into small arms business as well. They can manufacture tanks, nuclear submarines, howitzers & supersonic missiles but not aircraft & firearms! Just so that our darling DRDO, HAL & OFB remain in business...

Most importantly I feel the biggest damage to the country has been done by psuedo-nonviolence of Gandhi & Nehru IMHO! The British never left any if their colonies peacefully & if it hadn't been for Hitler's whipping & American arm-twisting, their retarded descendants wouldn't be talking nonsense in Parliament but begging on Delhi streets!

Nonviolence in Indian context has been very effectively employed to castrate Indian masses so they can be bullied by the political strongmen... Indians are among the most peace loving peoples in the world but that magnanimity has been turned into cowardice! Or as Nana Patekar would have it, "Ek neta pure desh ko hijra bana deta hai!!!" :D :lol:

Out here people don't speak when the neighbours' daughters get teased by the local buffoons. However, when their own daughters get into trouble, the society is blamed for inaction! This mindset needs to change. If every sensible firearms owner in the country fires a warning shot the next time he sees a crime in progress, criminals would suddenly start running out of places to hide.... 8)

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:15 am

I appreciate the action taken by you Main13, maybe I would had done so too, given the situation. It's good to feel giving back in the same way as you get. However we all understand the caution to be taken, as sometimes you need to be braver to walk away from a situation. And yes, sometimes you just can't...
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:15 am

main 13...you are right,cant let tyranny rule.
regards
dr.jk

main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by main13 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:52 pm

dr.jayakumar wrote:main 13...you are right,cant let tyranny rule.
regards
dr.jk
Well this is old news now.. The Panchayat elections are over now.. Both Netaji & his chump brother lost! :)

Bad news is, none of the good guys won either! Major fraud in election procedure - several hundred names of so-called 'urban' people were expunged, several hundred names of typical 'caste' vote-banks were added in their place.. A few of us complained to the DM who ordered a useless 'inquiry', nothing was eventually achieved.. The usual corrupt chap won at the last minute by doling out huge quantity of desi-liquor & cash to electoral officers to look the other way.. What can be done really.. This is India... Caste, Region, Religion & Linguistics come before nation! :|