best self defence tool

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
Raghvendrasingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

best self defence tool

Post by Raghvendrasingh » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:43 pm

Hey everyone
pls share your ideas regarding best self defence tool. Which one is your choice and why?
....brave by heart, honest by nature and wicked by brain.....

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: best self defence tool

Post by aadhaulya » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:22 pm

My best 'self defense' tool is a handgun carried openly.
Openly, because the other person knows that you are armed and you do not need to draw your gun to show that you are armed. That may amount to threatening with a deadly weapon and you could get into sh** with the law.

Regards

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:30 pm

A concealed handgun is my choice. Concealed because I do not want to be marked and ambushed first. Also, in many places open carry is illegal.

Apart from the tool, being aware of your surroundings and happenings, not letting pride and anger from escalating a situation, and willingness to show a clean pair of heels are the best defences.One fights only when it is unavoidable and fighting is the only option to defend yourself and your family members. That also comes to your aid when the case goes to court.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:32 pm

:agree: :agree:

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:43 am

Will go with Vikram's second part. My brain and common sense are my first choice. Second are my feet.

Cheers,
SS

Armed Defence
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Armed Defence » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:01 am

In countries where firearms in the hands of bad guys are so common, only a handgun would be an effective self defense tool, especially for the men. For the men because they are mostly faced by an armed bad guy, while women are also approached by bad guys with a knife etc or even nothing. As for open carry vs concealed carry, it should be a combination of both. Open carry at isolated places and concealed carry at public places. Though I have a pistol license, I haven't bought a pistol yet (I have one in my father's name at home). When I buy one for myself, even then it won't be so easy to carry it. Sindh government has imposed a ban on carrying firearms since the last four years or so, and one needs a special permit for it, which is valid for a maximum of 6 months and can only be got from the state capital city Karachi. Though the ban is not enforced very strictly outside Karachi, it's a law and can't be ignored. But guys, the biggest of problems, even bigger than the government, is our family. Since there is little gun carrying culture in urban areas of South Asia, and we the gun lovers are a tiny minority, it's very difficult to convince your family. Because of the reason mentioned in the start of my post, I have never thought of carrying anything else than a handgun

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:39 am

Best self defence tool?
A quick thinking and alert mind is the best tool that will help in any given scenario. A suitable firearm comes in a close second. I say "suitable" because even with firearms, its not a case of one size fits all. What might be best for me while travelling alone may not be the best if I were to defend my home and family against a large group. A suitable edged tool comes third.
Though I wouldn't call it a tool, when all else fails, what might come in most handy is the strength of your arms and the love of your brothers :)
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

Raghvendrasingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Raghvendrasingh » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:13 pm

I agree with you bro....... kshitij
....brave by heart, honest by nature and wicked by brain.....

Terminator-X
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Terminator-X » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:01 am

My best self defence tool is me itself & my confidence.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:39 am

I'm not sure if I should post a picture of a very effective self-defense tool, because:
1. Someone might decide that this is evil and incites people to commit crimes.
2. "Do gooder" politicians might attempt to register and regulate the possession of these so that we can all have a better society.
3. The police will claim that only they should have these, because if civilians had them, mayhem would break loose.
4. Nobody who really wants to defend themselves needs them.

Now, of course, we need to mention the 5th reason why do gooders would want to ban these:

5. Proper ones look like these, but the ones above look scary!

“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:38 am

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

astronomy.domaine
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by astronomy.domaine » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:50 am

Amusing discussion indeed..!
My bet would be on the ability to think clearly through and utilize the adrenalin rush to ones advantage.. Also a totally honest understanding of your capabilities, in case of a physical confrontation, would be good. ...finally one hr of cardio every day would help you evade trouble more effectively than any SD weapon (beside firearms)...! :-)
"...there is no spoon..."!

PeterTheFish
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by PeterTheFish » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:57 am

Most cops I know say their radio is more important than their gun. So probably your mobile.

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:00 am

Avoid the situation if i can or i would run with spikes ;25yrs ago,not now...so i have no choice but a gun.
regards
dr.jk

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:50 pm

pepper spray is very effective, gives a 7 feet standoff distance, avoid getting in the situation at all costs(discretion is the better part of valor) unless you are boxed in. combined with a appropriate holds, take-downs n chokes can be effective in neutralizing the threat.
situational awareness is paramount, one needs to have cool head and concept of the economy of motion, like no hay-maker punches.