Stun guns - Any one with experience of these sites?

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Stun guns - Any one with experience of these sites?

Post by essdee1972 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:16 pm

Gentlemen, I just came across these sites which claim to sell stun guns / tasers
The catch is that all these sites seem to be offering the same products, probably made in PRC. Plus, the prices seem to be higher than the ones sold by more "reliable" online sellers like amazon, rediff, etc.

Does anyone have any experience of these? Or will the ones available on amazon and rediff be good enough?
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

For Advertising mail webmaster
TC
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Stun guns - Any one with experience of these sites?

Post by TC » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:50 pm

essdee1972 wrote:Gentlemen, I just came across these sites which claim to sell stun guns / tasers
The catch is that all these sites seem to be offering the same products, probably made in PRC. Plus, the prices seem to be higher than the ones sold by more "reliable" online sellers like amazon, rediff, etc.

Does anyone have any experience of these? Or will the ones available on amazon and rediff be good enough?
Essdee
These sites actually do not quote a price. The words "ask for price" arouses suspicion. The first three sites seems to belong to the same outfit.
I would avoid these and prefer amazon etc.

TC

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:19 pm

Thanks, TCda! You confirmed my niggling suspicions!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:16 pm

i wish it was sten gun!! :twisted:
regards
dr.jk

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:53 pm

dr.jayakumar wrote:i wish it was sten gun!! :twisted:
regards
dr.jk
Ha ha, yes, I thought the same thing when I saw the thread's title! Great minds think alike! :-)
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:51 pm

Why else did you gentlemen think I was looking for stun guns? :twisted:
Cheers!

EssDee

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Thu May 21, 2015 11:25 am

Are you sure that they sell the real and genuine guns. As I believe that the real guns are legal to sell online or not.
Keep knives in your pocket and pray that you will never need it

Vik
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Vik » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:11 pm

I have used both stun guns and Tasers, and had both used on me at work. LE in the US who carry Tasers have to video the officer getting zapped with one as part of the training because if one is sued, one can prove one knew the effects of the weapon. Makes no sense, I'm carrying a pistol and a rifle too, are we gonna shoot each other with them so we know the effects? Like much else promulgated by our alleged masters, stupid. Tasers work, stun guns do not. The difference is the distance between electrodes. Every muscle between the electrodes is made to tense and release about 60 times a second or something.

So here is the difference-

300,000 Volt stun gun with about 3 inches between the electrodes applied to my pectoral muscle made the muscle jump, it hurt a little but not much. If someone offered me $50.00 each time I did that, I'd be rich within a week and they'd need new batteries. Little red marks if clothed, slight burns if not. Just nothing to it.

50,000 volt Taser one electrode on left shoulder, one on belt, both on my back. Very unpleasant. I have to say, I'd do it again, but if willingly it would cost someone about $50,000.00 a time. If unwillingly, we'd have a real fight to the death and if they did it anyway, they better look over their shoulder for the rest of their life and avoid open spaces, crowds, and windows.

With a Taser, everything between the electrodes just locks up quivering at 60 hertz or thereabouts, the more muscle one has, the better a Taser works. I fell down and couldn't move every time it was done. Longest 5 seconds of my life. From what I have seen VERY few people were unaffected. The only one was a meth head who was about 6'3'' tall and about 130 pounds, so taller than normal and very skinny.

I carried a Taser for 3 years and never used it on anyone, because it's possible to kill someone with it if their heart is at the wrong point of the rhythm and if I'm gonna kill someone, I will do it intentionally and not by accident. I owe even a criminal who is fighting me that much respect. Also, you have seen my reaction above, and I did not want to be looking over my shoulder all my life because I had done that to someone over a triviality. Pepper spray or tear gas is better if legal in the country, falling that, any kind of spray that shoots a straight stream and would temporarily blind someone is just fine, better if it is flammable in case you want to light it. Once they are blinded, you can either leave, or indicate your displeasure in a physical manner. You do know most spray insecticide is really some form of dilute nerve gas, don't you? Can't remember if it is Sarin or Tabun, but it's something like that. If you have in your country something called "Black Flag" spray insecticide, that's because some militaries use a black flag to notify personnel they are under gas attack, this since about WWI. They have Black Flag in the US and Europe, and I've seen it in Afghanistan.

Believe nothing you see on TV about this any more than you would about firearms, it's all BS. There is NO directed energy weapon on planet earth that if you apply it to a person, they just go unconscious like on TV. Stun guns don't stun, after you use a Taser the person is not stunned--they may be dead if their heart happened to be at the wrong point of rhythm, but they will otherwise be conscious unless they hit their head when they fell or something. Or maybe you triggered an epileptic fit or some other non-normal event.

I have no knowledge of Indian or other than US law, and not every state in the US, so know your local law before taking advice from anyone, including me.

Vik
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Vik » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:33 pm

Forgot this and it could be important--Tasers in Western countries have markers. These are little and very thin Mylar discs the diameter of the taser projectiles that are used for wadding. So when the Taser is fired, they spew all over the place in hundreds if not thousands, and they have a unique number like a serial on each one, but all the same from the same round. When you buy the Taser, they register it, so if you shoot it, they can prove it was you, because it would take hours to pick up all those little markers and you'd never get them all. Just saying you should be aware of that in case you might ever want to not have anyone not know it was you that shot the Taser. Also, LE uses Tasers having gunpowder, but if a civilian lives in some of the US states, that would be an illegal firearm and have other legal disabilities, so they use pressurized nitrogen instead, so be careful if you mail-order, you may receive something that is considered a gun in your law.

Vik
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Vik » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:59 pm

I looked at the sites, I wouldn't order from them. Just my personal opinion. I know this is a sort of old thread, but I bet people look at it a lot.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:26 am

Absolutely stunning, thanks for sharing from your personal, hands-on experience Vik! :D
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:40 am

Hey thanks, Vik!

I'll stick to the pepper spray and the PVC pipe.
Cheers!

EssDee