Bulletproof Vests

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Bulletproof Vests

Post by OverUnderPump » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:01 pm

cottage cheese";p="36266 wrote:
Hi Ngrewal,

I happen to have one of those Laser aim-points lying somewhere around the house. The police here seems to have been conned into buying a batch of it some years back.(Or as usual some one in the chain of command must've gotten rich!).They are positively worthless junk. In fact the police stopped using it within a month. I got mine as a result...the dept never asked for it to be returned!!

The construction is plain aluminium. Poorly cast. Ill fitting plastic parts- which are also very poorly molded. Gaping gaps between ill fitting parts have been filled up by automobile putty and presumably painted with matte bumper paint. Uses a pair of Pencil batteries(AA).

It comes with adapter clamps for AK/SLR, INSAS, and Dragunov. All come loose before a magazine is expended. The screws, nuts, jam-nuts are reverse and more often than not, the wrong thing gets tightened or loosened. This is basically why they were promptly junked. No point (Pardon the pun) having a pointer that comes loose and doesn't point right.

The master switch is regular transistor type slide...which for no reason refuses to work often. The Laser is triggered by a remote switch on an elastic strap that can be looped on the fore grip of a rifle. The elastic is standard hosiery stuff, to which the rubber switch capsule is stuck with dendrite! The connection is with a telephone type cable and a small jack that looks like it was ripped out from a stereo headphone. The wire soldering at the capsule snapped a number of times.

The device comes with a kit in a poorly molded plastic 'tiffin-box'. The kit includes manual, pointer module, Adapters, 4 rechargeable batteries, charger, a Taparia plier(!), a screw driver, and a carrying pouch.

Hopeless thing... :)

Ok I know this is going OT...was just indulging in some verbal wank since the topic caught my interest... :mrgreen:

regards,
CC
Would'nt buy vests from these guys even if it were permissible. Tell tale signs of brown nosing in handing down substandard stuff. If thats whats given to Law Enforcement and the Armed Forces, one shudders to think what a civvie would end up getting.A pointing device that doesn't point right, RIGHT :lol: . For all I know the vest may even have magnetic wayward projectile catching capability thereby ensuring that all badly aimed projectiles are ulimately attracted toward your vest to minimize ammo loss for the enemy. :wink: Might as well put up signages on the vests saying "Shoot me, you wont miss". :evil:

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:45 pm

penpusher";p="36401 wrote:What I found more interesting was the 'Cartridge disfiguring machine'.Haven't the jokers at IOFB figured out that a rifle cartridge can be reloaded?
IOFB uses brass to make cartridge cases, I would assume someone has the contract to buy these scrapped brass cases at some predetermined rate... I think you know what I'm getting at... :roll:
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:51 am

Its sad and reflects the callous (sic) attitude of Mandarins towards jawans / soldiers the backbone of nation..

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:51 pm

When the IOFB started manufacture of 5.56mm ammo,they had almost 75% wastage of the brass while drawing the cases.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:25 am

If memory serves me right, the police(...well.. at least here) used to collect and return spent brass to the IOFB. The last I heard of this was in the early 80's. Now they simply melt them down locally and auction it to scrap merchants.