Texas police officer's blog recounts a case of self defence

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
mehulkamdar

Texas police officer's blog recounts a case of self defence

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:49 am

http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/2006 ... -long.html

Friday, August 18, 2006
That didn't hurt -- for long.

One of our long-term critters -- part-time dope dealer, occasional thug and full-time poster child for retroactive abortions -- has now become an object lesson.

Apparently, Mr. Critter developed a decidedly one-sided romantic fixation upon the teacher of one of his legion of off-spring. The object of his affections, not appreciating what a singular honour becoming Critter's Baby's Mama # 134 would be, nor desiring such, turned him down.

Mr. Critter seems to have missed the subtle hint contained in the phrase, "Stay the hell away from me!", because early on the morning in question Mr. Critter decided to pay a visit to the home of said Object Of His Affections.

Finding no one home after repeatedly hammering on the door and screaming, Mr. Critter departed the premises, only to return shortly.

As he began to resume his obnoxious activities, the neighbor of the schoolteacher, a middle-aged gentleman whose wife occasionally babysits the infant daughter of the schoolteacher, walked next door to inform Mr. Critter that the schoolteacher was out of town on vacation and to kindly desist from raising Cain on her front porch.

Mr. Critter promptly whipped a large silver-coloured revolver from his waistband, struck the man across the face with the barrel, knocking the neighbor back and down to one knee. Mr. Critter then proceeded to advance on the neighbor, pointing the gun at him him and loudly screaming: "You want a piece of me, mother****er?! Huh?! You want a piece of me?! I'll **** you up, you ho-ass mother****er! You want a piece of me?!"

Down on one knee and unable to retreat, the CHL-equipped neighbor skinned his Glock 23 and neatly whomped two .40-calibre slugs through Mr. Critter's brisket. (The detective taking the statement said, "I guess that'd be a 'Yes...'")

Mr. Critter had the good manners to drop the unloaded Daisy BB pistol with which he had armed himself and expired.

The officers handed the neighbor a receipt for his Glock and told him to come down to the station and pick it up when the Grand Jury was done.

I love Texas.

Ladies and gentlemen, while the first rule of gunfights is to have a gun, there are two corollaries to that rule:
a) It should be loaded; and

b) BB guns don't count.

LawDog

Cheers, everyone!

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:41 am

I wonder if the Neighbour identified the BB gun. :wink: Who said "Love the Neighbour"?

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Texas police officer's blog recounts a case of self defe

Post by Sakobav » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:40 am

Heard on Radio today, Old handicap lady in Harlem going to shooting range in her wheel chair was attacked by a mugger. This dude was going for her chain. She pulled out her licensed .357 pistol and the guy ws treated at hospital injury to elbow and charged. Understatement .357 at short range probably blew his joint away. She will not be charged, there is hope in NYC for legal gun holders

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:53 pm

Hey Mehul,

Wasn't lawdog a great guy on the graybeard's forum? He died sometime last year or beginning this year from what I recall.

Great article.

Dev
mehulkamdar";p="2045 wrote: http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/2006 ... -long.html

Friday, August 18, 2006
That didn't hurt -- for long.

One of our long-term critters -- part-time dope dealer, occasional thug and full-time poster child for retroactive abortions -- has now become an object lesson.

Apparently, Mr. Critter developed a decidedly one-sided romantic fixation upon the teacher of one of his legion of off-spring. The object of his affections, not appreciating what a singular honour becoming Critter's Baby's Mama # 134 would be, nor desiring such, turned him down.

Mr. Critter seems to have missed the subtle hint contained in the phrase, "Stay the hell away from me!", because early on the morning in question Mr. Critter decided to pay a visit to the home of said Object Of His Affections.

Finding no one home after repeatedly hammering on the door and screaming, Mr. Critter departed the premises, only to return shortly.

As he began to resume his obnoxious activities, the neighbor of the schoolteacher, a middle-aged gentleman whose wife occasionally babysits the infant daughter of the schoolteacher, walked next door to inform Mr. Critter that the schoolteacher was out of town on vacation and to kindly desist from raising Cain on her front porch.

Mr. Critter promptly whipped a large silver-coloured revolver from his waistband, struck the man across the face with the barrel, knocking the neighbor back and down to one knee. Mr. Critter then proceeded to advance on the neighbor, pointing the gun at him him and loudly screaming: "You want a piece of me, mother****er?! Huh?! You want a piece of me?! I'll **** you up, you ho-ass mother****er! You want a piece of me?!"

Down on one knee and unable to retreat, the CHL-equipped neighbor skinned his Glock 23 and neatly whomped two .40-calibre slugs through Mr. Critter's brisket. (The detective taking the statement said, "I guess that'd be a 'Yes...'")

Mr. Critter had the good manners to drop the unloaded Daisy BB pistol with which he had armed himself and expired.

The officers handed the neighbor a receipt for his Glock and told him to come down to the station and pick it up when the Grand Jury was done.

I love Texas.

Ladies and gentlemen, while the first rule of gunfights is to have a gun, there are two corollaries to that rule:
a) It should be loaded; and

b) BB guns don't count.

LawDog

Cheers, everyone!
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:38 pm

Dev,

I've never been on the Graybeard forums. I visit AR, the NE forums, The IGC and IFG. No idea about the blogger. Sad if he died - this is a very interesting blog.

Cheers,

Mehul

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:24 am

Which are the forums you mention AR,NE=Nitro Express and which one is IGC?

LawDog was really helpful in the Graybeards and one more forum which went defunct. He knew a lot about the legal ramifications of what if scenarios.

I read his stuff for years.

Regards,

Dev.

mehulkamdar";p="3920 wrote: Dev,

I've never been on the Graybeard forums. I visit AR, the NE forums, The IGC and IFG. No idea about the blogger. Sad if he died - this is a very interesting blog.

Cheers,

Mehul
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:06 am

It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:16 pm

Only in Texas !
What sort of idiot acts the tough guy with an unloaded Daisy BB pistol ?
Granny ought to get a shotgun.......her accuracy isn`t too great with a .357 mag.