Daddy's Girl!

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Daddy's Girl!

Post by xl_target » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:48 pm

Two Men Use Girl As Human Shield — Until Her Father Guns Them Down
A St. Louis couple is likely thankful to have guns in their home after they were forced to use them to defend their daughter against two men Monday night.

The men, one of whom had an extensive rap sheet, confronted the couples’ 17 year-old daughter after she stepped outside of the house to go to her car, reports the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Cortez McClinton, 33, and Terrell Johnson, 31, held a gun to the girl’s head and used her as a shield as they entered the family home, where a five-year old child was also present.

The girl’s father and mother witnessed the abduction, and both retrieved their guns. When McClinton and Johnson entered, the father fired several shots, hitting both men. The girl’s mother fired one shot but missed.

Johnson died at the scene. McClinton was wounded but was able to scramble off. He had his brother take him to the hospital.

In 2010, McClinton was charged with shooting another man. Charges were eventually dropped due to lack of witness participation. He also had drug possession and distribution charges against him.

McClinton is charged with second-degree murder, kidnapping, burglary, and criminal armed action and is being held on $1 million bond.
http://news.yahoo.com/two-men-girl-huma ... 07545.html

I love a happy ending.
The parents must have ice water running through their veins. Shooting the perps when their daughter was covered would take a lot of control.
It looks like both mummy and daddy were well prepared and it paid off but I wonder if the daughter will have a hard time getting dates now. :)
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Daddy's Girl!

Post by Mark » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:32 pm

xl_target wrote:<SNIP>
It looks like both mummy and daddy were well prepared and it paid off but I wonder if the daughter will have a hard time getting dates now. :)
".....Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt..."

Hopefully someone will give the father this one as a Fathers Day present:
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:36 am

xl_target wrote:I love a happy ending
:cheers:
The parents must have ice water running through their veins. Shooting the perps when their daughter was covered would take a lot of control.
It's amazing that they had a such a presence of mind and control of nerves. :shock:
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:10 am

xl_target wrote:I love a happy ending.
Yes, XL, fully agree!

It is too bad that they didn't finish off the other one, however. It would have saved the taxpayers a lot of money.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:18 pm

> Goodness gracious....The presence of mind of the girl's parents is highly commendable :D
> The report says that the girl's father fired several rounds at the abductor, yet the girl did not get injured!!!
> So apart from the presence of mind the father's hold seems to have been steady & his aim true!!!
> Reading the report gave me goose pimples!!!
> Agree with 'timmy' - the second abductor too should have had the same fate as the first one - could've saved the taxpayers money!!!
Briha

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:51 am

Hurrah!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:59 pm

amazing story, but i am sure it was the training of the parent on their weapons which enabled them to achieve this, its a nightmare situation for any parent, bravo to these parents

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:55 am

xl this was premeditated scary scene glad family had loaded secure guns and trained to use in such an awful situation..