Security Guard Takes on Armed Robbers-Video

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Security Guard Takes on Armed Robbers-Video

Post by Vikram » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:25 pm

The video is self-explanatory. I am amazed at the swiftness of his reaction and composed movements.

[youtube][/youtube]
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

For Advertising mail webmaster
Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Security Guard Takes on Armed Robbers-Video

Post by Katana » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:54 pm

I believe some bank guards in UP fought off some robbers yesterday. Just can't get a link to that news.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:49 pm

dont know of up but in haryana two guards fought with three armed robbers and cought one.guards wre wounded of gunshots.incident took place at sbi branch in rohtak distt.

[youtube][/youtube]

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:25 pm

To be sitting like that all through his shift, and then respond so quickly is amazing! Thank goodness for the sake of the people in the cafe and for his own sake, his reaction was instantaneous and correct. Who knows what these pocket desperadoes might have done?

Of course, there are always those folks who will say, "why didn't he just shoot to wound them," or, in this case, one might as well say, "why didn't the guard jump up, stand on his hands, and turn around and shoot the criminal with his toes while aiming from a mirror," as if, in this sort of situation, one has the time to fill out a questionnaire (which is apparently the sort of job that armchair quarterbacks are used to).

This video shows very well just what sort of reaction is needed to face down armed goons: it must be instinctive, accurate, and immediate. The training one undergoes for this sort of thing is to practice shooting at the center of the target's mass with the intention of stopping a dangerous situation as quickly as possible. There is no time to think or calculate! Once the split-second judgement is made, all must ride on instinct, which is only informed by practice.

The safety of the people in the cafe and the guard's own safety is paramount: if the goon goes into the place armed like this, the guard has every right (indeed, it is the public's expectation!) that the criminal is taking all risks and the only humane consideration they receive comes after they are completely disarmed and clearly no longer able to pose a threat to the public.

Hurray for the guard!

I would be interested to know what his training regimen is.

Thanks for posting this one, Vikram!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:39 pm

While I do assume each security agency has its own training program, this might be one good option for most of us. Pity we don't have IPSC in India yet...

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:07 pm

farook bhai
in india its diffrent story.i have a shop that rented to a bank in near town.bank manager kept a gaurd who was ex military man with his M1 garand.next month wheni went to bank to collect my rent money they were in process to dismiss the guard.when i asked them why they showed me a instruction letter from supirior of banks stating a guard with 30 rifle is against rules of banks.next month when i again visited bank i saw a new guard with shotgun he was also a ex military man.when i looked at his cartrige belt he had 10 cartridges out of which 6 were dented on primers or you can say he carried 6 missfired cartiges out of 10.when i egnamined banks guard aroud my area all had shotguns no rifles or pistols.i may be wrong here but banks in india are keeping guards as show pieces to show we have guards thanks

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:46 pm

True Ashok Bhai

Well to put it this way North America is a isolated case when it comes to gun deaths. In India rarely do bank guards need to use their weapons. But if you ask me its not much use to keep a security with a big gun as maneuvering it is an issue. I would much prefer two to three staff members of the bank having pistols or revolvers. This is what happens when you have a security guard carrying a gun that's visible to all

Viewer Discretion Advised

[YouTube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkvPxI93jl8[/YouTube]
Last edited by farook on Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:58 pm

Now you have to tell me Ashok Bhai if the Florida guard could have pulled out a shotgun or rifle in three seconds,,I would say probably not

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:59 pm

Ashok,

You are right. The incident was in Rohtak. I got it wrong. Anyway, I saw your link. Surprisingly, the guards seem to be having a wrestling match with the perps. It's a bit like Omble (God bless him!) trying to catch Kasab with his lathi! Not much use of those firearms.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:24 am

farook wrote:North America is a isolated case when it comes to gun deaths. In India rarely do bank guards need to use their weapons.
Many security guards in the USA, banks and otherwise, are not armed. Security guards are usually pretty low on the economic ladder, often don't have guns, seldom have training, and if they have a gun, it is one they buy, themselves. As a matter of fact, my Norinco 213 in 9mm was a gun used by a security guard, which gives you an idea of the sort of gun used and the sort of people who would carry one.

Seldom are "bank robbers" shot in the USA. Usually, they are given the money and the police will chase them down. Such robberies aren't very common, and the criminals are quite often caught. Banks don't like the idea of gunplay in their lobbies cutting down the customers.

This is in contrast to what I saw a number of years ago in downtown Mexico City, where just about every bank had guards obviously armed with shotguns at every doorway, standing on the sidewalks. I'm not talking one or two, either -- I mean four to eight at each bank. Also, in El Salvador, there were armed guards at the doors of just about every business and even at a large gas station. The hotel that I stayed in had a number of armed guards in the lobby.

These situations are not what one finds in the USA, although there are more armed guards today than there were, say, 10 or 20 years ago. Still, "gun deaths" in banks are not very common at all in the USA.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:36 am

hi farook bhai
if your are a maneger of a bank and you shoot some burgler and he dies you will be tried of 302 i.e murder case.then u have to proove it was a case of self defence while bulggers only wanly wanted money not your life.althoug i enjoyed your link to video where no blood was shed i think it was 4o clock not 12o clock.if it was god knows what whould have happen to people inside bank.just joking dont take at heart thanks

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:44 am

Katana wrote:Ashok,

You are right. The incident was in Rohtak. I got it wrong. Anyway, I saw your link. Surprisingly, the guards seem to be having a wrestling match with the perps. It's a bit like Omble (God bless him!) trying to catch Kasab with his lathi! Not much use of those firearms.
yograj ji
one guard got four bullets in his stomach and another two bullets recieved from robbers yet they managed to catch one thanks

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:48 am

Not really Ashok Bhai

Many aspects would be taken into consideration. The fact the robbers were armed with guns is a reason good enough for any bank guard to open fire. IPC sections are clear on self defense. Now where is good boy mentor....

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:09 am

farook wrote:Not really Ashok Bhai

Many aspects would be taken into consideration. The fact the robbers were armed with guns is a reason good enough for any bank guard to open fire. IPC sections are clear on self defense. Now where is good boy mentor....
main problem is how investigeting agency take your case i.e police.if they they register case agaist you under crpc 94 to 106 that means you have acted in defence but they just dont do it.yes in a armed robbery guards can open fire against robbers but robbers will come prepared first they do snatch guns from guard or shoot the guard.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:22 pm

farook wrote:While I do assume each security agency has its own training program, this might be one good option for most of us. Pity we don't have IPSC in India yet...
One reason you don't have IPSC in India is shown in the Video.
That guy used up most of the year's supply of ammo in just one run on the targets.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941