One example of how rage factor can ruin our lives

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

One example of how rage factor can ruin our lives

Post by farook » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:08 pm

Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: One example of how rage factor can ruin our lives

Post by Vikram » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:03 pm

What a foolish thing to do,a moment of rage and a lifetime of regret!
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:05 pm

Vikram wrote:What a foolish thing to do. A moment of rage and a lifetime of regret.
He could face upto 7 years. 3 for negligence of using a firearm and 3 to 4 under wildlife act

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:24 pm

Not just the jail time, imagine the job loss, effect on his family,rehabilitation post release, etc.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Amit357
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Amit357 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:56 pm

Vikarm you know the rage this JACKASS took out on these poor Monkeys could have its manifestation elsewhere,i have seen people fly into an uncontrollable rage because of the manifestation of the same being elsewhere,being roadrage to flying of the Handle at the slightest so called insult.The Ratrace has turned us into crazy people,if this guy does Jail time he really deserves it.Amit

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:29 pm

That person has shown inhuman nature think of litle monkey babies these can also die.

Commonwealth_of_PA
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Commonwealth_of_PA » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:05 am

I will kill any animal that messes with me or my property. That includes stray cats.

Years ago I spent two weeks trying to get squirrels out of my house (not in Pennsylvania). Nothing worked. And the approved process of exterminators, several of whom I contacted, was a long process of great expense and unreliable results. So I baited and shot about 20 of them until there were no longer squirrels in my house.

Now, if that sounds like blood lust, I haven't killed an animal in 10 years. I've come close a few times, living in a rural area, but was able the resolve the situation or it resolved itself naturally. And I live in a state where most schools and many businesses are closed on the Opening Day of deer season, with nearly 10% of our population (based on 13MM men, women, children, and infants) hunting on Opening Day.

So a man who is permitted to kill, and has no qualms about it, and is even encouraged to hunt, simply chooses not to kill in any way. I respect animals but they are not comparable to humans to me.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:17 am

Commonwealth_of_PA wrote:I will kill any animal that messes with me or my property.
As you see from the article, acting on this notion in India is likely to book you an extended stay in Hotel Greybar.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:00 am

There are two acts in India that deal with offenders more than any other act. Arms act and wild life act. If a person messes with it he could end with either a lifer or death penalty. Cultures vary so do our values moreover when is associated with ones religion. The law set aside monkeys are considered sacred as per the Hindu culture. Lord Hanuman has played a major role in Ramayana and the signifies strength and loyalty. This may be the reason why they got offended.

I am an animal lover myself. When my bird flew away I walked for 14 hours street by street, by-lane to by lane and found it almost one kilometer away. I would not have left it no matter what it took me to find it.....

Commonwealth_of_PA
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Commonwealth_of_PA » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:37 am

I understand both the legal and philosophical points. Thank you for the insights, gentlemen.

I was raised that animals must be well treated, preserved, and are never to be killed without reason. And certainly never to be subject to any abuse or cruelty.

This is probably why I found it so difficult to kill when I was younger. The principles are at conflict. I no longer find it difficult, but I choose not to with a perfect record of 10 years. I could find reason to do it tonight. But my record makes it seem unlikely. As my reference to hunting probably suggests, I am in a minority among my peers.

It is indeed a difference in philosophy, I'm just pointing out that it's probably not as different as an all-or-nothing philosophy would suggest. And I see we have hunters/former hunters here as well, so there are clearly differences in these philosophies wherever you go in the world.

As for holding animals as sacred, good for you. One of the things I appreciate about India is that you incorporate the new without throwing out your unifying traditions. I remember many years ago I saw a video of a military column in India complete with tanks and elephants, and Generals sitting on wooden folding chairs that appeared 100 years old. Now, these chairs were not priceless antiques from what my untrained eye can discern. However, they work. They would have been thrown in a garbage heap in the US decades ago, and replaced with plastic or aluminum folding chairs. And the elephants would have been traded for plastic stickers on HMMVs.

Hold what you hold sacred and what defines you very close. It is amazing you have done so well so long, when it slips away so easily.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:32 pm

A software engineer with a arms license (!!??!!), and he throws it all away in a second!

Millions of Indians live with monkey menace, even in urban areas, and this chap had to go and do something which not only will put his own life out of kilter, but also provide ammo to all the antis just waiting for this kind of opportunity!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:39 pm

He was probably drunk

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:07 pm

> To say the least its the height of "Irresponsibility" & display of uncontrolled rage much to the detriment of the person who committed such a deplorable act...
> Wonder if he was ever aware of the consequences he would face subsequently...
> The report has not mentioned whether a fire-arm or an air-arm was used on the poor monkeys...
> Sad to imagine if the anti gun promulgators would use this case as fodder for furthering their tirade...
Briha

a_kamal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by a_kamal » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:16 pm

They are still investigating the weapon used , but i suppose it was an air rifle and this just might another case where a air rifle is wrongly considered a non fatal Toy , there have been umpteen inctances where the ignorance on the capabilities of an air rifle have caused injuries , two examples will suffice.

1. My friend was enticed by antoher rival friend to shoot through his new sambhar (just a term not from deer) leather shoe , which he promptly did having more faith in the weak spring of his AR than the thickness of the leather to stop the pellet , he carries the .22 pellet till date in crotch of his toe .

2. Myself discovered the hard way , fortunately there was no one around to see how it happened and it was too foolish an act that i cannot regale you guys with it , but the result was that the wobbly magnashot .22 pellet ricchocheted and hit me squarely at the corner of my eye sparing my eye by less than 2mm or so , till date i have a small dent which i use as an example to teach my younger cousins.

there are a few other examples of deliberate and malicious acts where AR was supposedly used considering it non fatal ,but the results just proved contrary .

nevil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nevil » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:52 pm

It is really a shocking and sad incident and its hard to believe that the guy shot two monkeys in a fit of rage its more likely done on purpose anyway whatever the reason the guy deserves to be put away. We have a sizable monkey population in Delhi too and there are other ways of handling the problem without harming the poor creatures. After all with the rapid growth of cities and loss of natural habitat where will these animals go. Am not too sure if an air rifle was used ???