One example of how rage factor can ruin our lives

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
wingcosethi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: One example of how rage factor can ruin our lives

Post by wingcosethi » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:51 am

I live In Saket Delhi. It is a gated DDA colony. Since the last 8 years the colony has been invaded by a large number of Rhesus Macaques. These animals have made life difficult for the residence of the colony. Children have been attacked and bitten by the monkeys. Women and Old men are attacked while walking on the colony roads, if the door is left open they enter the house and the ladies just stand and watch the monkey carry the fruits and food out of the house. If the ladies try to shoo them they attack. Within three months of the monkeys arrival in the colony they have destroyed all the bird nest. From hundreds of sparrows not one in the colony today. The only birds left are the pigeon as they multiply faster than the monkeys can kill and the common Myna-which is an aggressive bird and can take care of its nest which are built in well protected nooks. Recently the centre has cleared the culling of Blue bull, peafowls and monkeys in three states. Choice is people or monkeys. Only those who suffer from the monkey menace understand the pain, the rest will not be able to comprehend the problem.

For Advertising mail webmaster
wingcosethi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by wingcosethi » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:53 am

Can some enlighten me as to what other method is available to get ride of monkey menace. MCD has so far not been able to help.

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:08 pm

I live in Greater Kailash 2 in New Delhi, we too had a huge problem from the Rhesus macaques for the past one year, till the RWA decided to hire a man who has this huge Langur. This man regularly patrols our streets in the mornings and evenings and to our relief the problem has almost disappeared.
As a temporary solution I used to sometimes fire my air pistol in the air and the moneys used to run , somehow the noise of the air gun firing was enough.
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

Vakil Saab
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Vakil Saab » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:42 pm

wingcosethi wrote:I live In Saket Delhi. It is a gated DDA colony. Since the last 8 years the colony has been invaded by a large number of Rhesus Macaques. These animals have made life difficult for the residence of the colony. Children have been attacked and bitten by the monkeys. Women and Old men are attacked while walking on the colony roads, if the door is left open they enter the house and the ladies just stand and watch the monkey carry the fruits and food out of the house. If the ladies try to shoo them they attack. Within three months of the monkeys arrival in the colony they have destroyed all the bird nest. From hundreds of sparrows not one in the colony today. The only birds left are the pigeon as they multiply faster than the monkeys can kill and the common Myna-which is an aggressive bird and can take care of its nest which are built in well protected nooks. Recently the centre has cleared the culling of Blue bull, peafowls and monkeys in three states. Choice is people or monkeys. Only those who suffer from the monkey menace understand the pain, the rest will not be able to comprehend the problem.
Use Langoors. The answer lies in Mother Nature.
Salutations to Him who protects the world by the might of His drawn bow, to Rudra the destroyer of all miseries; to the Lord of the fields and sacred places, salutations.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:31 pm

WingcoSethi, being a long time resident of the same locality as you, I know exactly what you are talking about! It would be a good idea to get the various block's RWAs to make representations to the Delhi Administration/ Forest Department to declare the rhesus macaques as vermin, so that their numbers can be controlled. The Federation of Saket RWAs can also do this on behalf of the various block RWAs.

All previous attempts at relocation as a method to control this menace have failed miserably.

JMHO
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:20 pm

Declaring these monkeys as vermin is now the only way to control this menace.
The habitual feeding of wild monkeys on anthropomorphic or religious grounds must also stop. This more than anything else contributes in removing the natural fear of humans among monkeys. It makes monkeys look at humans as a food source and the consequences as we've seen are catastrophic.
Those who are currently feeding them are doing a disservice to wildlife and humans alike.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:15 am

I think Himachal already declared Rhesus Macaques as vermin but who will cull them is another issue altogether.
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

wingcosethi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by wingcosethi » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:44 pm

I have kept two catapults. As soon as the monkeys see the catapult their run away from the colony. The problem is that as soon as you go back into the house they are back. The family is growing and every six months you see addition to the family. With the young they become aggressive and one has to careful. The ladies, old people and children are the ones they normally attacked.
The MCD is of no help. I agree with JMHO that we need to declare the rhesus macaques as vermin in order to control the population. The menace has now spread to Vasant Kunj.

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Many many years ago, in our office in Okhla, monkeys created a havoc. They put the final nail in their own coffin when they pooped on the CEOs car. Langur man was called in.

And if you think a monkey pooping over german engineering is funny, imagine a journal entry in a multi nationals P&L that says Payment to Langur Man. Wonder what the auditors thought about it!

Langur man solved the problem completely and saved our Admin Heads job.

Cheers.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:22 pm

AgentDoubleS wrote:Many many years ago, in our office in Okhla, monkeys created a havoc. They put the final nail in their own coffin when they pooped on the CEOs car. Langur man was called in.

And if you think a monkey pooping over german engineering is funny, imagine a journal entry in a multi nationals P&L that says Payment to Langur Man. Wonder what the auditors thought about it!

Langur man solved the problem completely and saved our Admin Heads job.

Cheers.
Lol..... really funny.......especially the audit entry

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:32 am

Didnt a deputy mayor name of Bajwa from Delhi fell of the Balcony fending attack from Monkey and died..accident happened few years ago..?
Declaring these as Vermin and killing them -- I dont think its gonna happen there is a religious angel and sensitivities needs to be considered. But look at the havoc its creating..good luck amigos or use Nagas advise some chillies, bamboo shoots and friends from Nagaland can have a feast

Nice one agentdoubls - LOL