Self Defence by Jaipur Girl (pen knife)

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Self Defence by Jaipur Girl (pen knife)

Post by perfectionist1 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:54 pm

[youtube][/youtube]

God bless the girl...

For Advertising mail webmaster
miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Self Defence by Jaipur Girl (pen knife)

Post by miroflex » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:54 pm

Thank you for posting the video clip, Perfectionist1. It shows what strong nerves, backed by resolute action, can achieve. An inspiring example.
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:11 pm

Bravo
To Excellence through Diligence.

seedha.admi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by seedha.admi » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:52 pm

Another example of THE REASON WHY ONE SHOULD CARRY SELF DEFENSE KNIFE!

WAKE UP GOVT!

I highly respect the girl's action!
There's nothing black or white in the world. There are just shades of gray.

tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:07 pm

We all stand by Malaika. That was real courageous act!!!

There is a point to note that the car was mentioned to be a Pajero which indicates that the men on prowl were in all probalility not from the same class as that of the Delhi monsters/molestors. It is extremely dangerous because most of the criminals of this class go scot free even after heinous crimes.

regards
tirpassion

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:28 pm

:clap: :clap: outstanding!
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:47 pm

Way to go......Shared this video on FB.

How about doing our bit to make sure the message goes across to as many as possible ?

This video on YT currently has ONLY 5657 views.....whereas a stupid noise maker has more than Seven Million views for his so called "song"......

Come on guys we got work to do........Share this link with all your friends on FB and other social networks and ask them to share the video as well.

M.
Last edited by fantumfan2003 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:50 pm

well done

if more people stop tolartating abuse then their will be lot less to deal with.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:03 pm

Bravo Malaika!!!
Just goes to show the grit & courage of the girl armed with a Pen Knife fighting off 4 scums of the society.
May be she was not 'Fore Warned' - But she certainly was 'Fore Armed' - Smart Girl!
Briha
Last edited by brihacharan on Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Brave girl but I was extremely irritated by the comment of the male news reporter that Malaika defended her "family's honour". This comment is based on the widespread Indian (and Pakistani) theory that the woman's virginity and behaviour are central to family honour. So a woman's misbehaviour can lead to loss of honour for the entire family. This is why women in India are expected to dress in a particular way (or the family will get shamed). Evan that rapist Asaram Bapu had commented after the brutal Delhi rape-murder that women should wear "decent clothes" and they could get assaulted if they did not. "Honour killings" stem from this idiotic belief and the reporters usage of the term "family honour" is an inadvertent slip where he shows that this is what he has been taught.

Why the F** do we say that women must uphold "family honour". They should be able to protect themselves and yet choose to do what they want, go where they want and whhen they want. In India a girl in a skirt or tank top is seen as a loose woman who is willing to have sex so rape is OK. And here the F@#@$#$ reporter says the "family honour" was saved when the girl bravely defended her own life. Sad to say (and may it never happen) but if my daughter has to face an assault then it is not my honour or my wif'es honour at stake. It is her life and health in danger. Is it so difficult for people to understand that?

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:30 pm

Bennedose wrote.....
Honor killings" stem from this idiotic belief and the reporter's usage of the term "family honor" is an inadvertent slip where he shows that this is what he has been taught.
:agree:
> Unfortunately it's a baggage our society has been carrying needlessly :oops:
Briha

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:04 am

tirpassion wrote:We all stand by Malaika. That was real courageous act!!!

There is a point to note that the car was mentioned to be a Pajero which indicates that the men on prowl were in all probalility not from the same class as that of the Delhi monsters/molestors. It is extremely dangerous because most of the criminals of this class go scot free even after heinous crimes.

regards
tirpassion
Good observation tirpassion.

Unfortunately such scum now have the SC's protection to have their huge car's glasses tinted after getting a VIP status. Time for the complete bench of lordships to get statistics on how many VIP tag holders with "tainted" background moved around in such "tinted" huge cars post the SC threat to treat the "lapse" on respective police officers as holding the SC in contempt ! The supposed lapse was the inability of the CP officers to force their subordinates into making the commoners remove the film off their cars.

Brave girl though :cheers: - I sincerely hope now she does *not* get into trouble with the law for being an impressionable 15-year young adult brandishing a pen knife in front of respected members of the society who never raped her. I sincerely hope that she at no point in future gets pulled up for possessing such a "dangerous" arm (that can scare 4 men !) when a particular section of Arms Act/ Rules or some notification/ memo/ thought/ typo gets enforced around 9-ratri or Dipawali or some Eid or Elections or what-have-you.

Disclosure: This bleak bleat comes from sheer disgust reading arguments of defense lawyers of the rapists in the Delhi "Nirbhay" case on rediff.

regs
A.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:44 pm

Standing ovation to Malaika!!

Folks, let's get the women in our lives a small penknife, at least! Universal RKBA seems a long way off......

Regarding the observations on "honour", "Pajero", etc. I would like to point out that the incident is in one of the most patriarchal regions of India. I did my engineering studies in Rajasthan (Jaipur) a long time ago, and have seen Rajasthan beyond Amar Chitra Katha. It is very natural for a news reporter hailing from that part of the world to speak of family honour. In an area where Sati, child marriage, huge dowries, killing girl babies, etc. etc. are still prevalent, what else do you expect???

Also, I have noticed that "jeep type" vehicles are sometimes driven by those with an exaggerated sense of power or "machismo". Many people do use the Thars and Land Rovers and Pajeros for off-roading, etc. Look at, for example, the Land Cruisers and Ford Explorers in Mumbai - all of them have a political party's symbol on the license plate! I am sure none of them have ever been driven off road, unless to visit villages at voting time. So, for a person steeped in "paternalistic" viewpoint of society, enough money to buy a Pajero, and enough exaggerated machismo to buy a Pajero instead of a similarly-priced Mercedes, molesting, raping, etc. is as natural as breathing!!!

Gentlemen, we (and I presume to include myself in the group) belong to a segment of society which has taken advantage of education to modernise its thinking processes. Unfortunately, there are many, like the above reporter, for whom education means gathering pieces of paper and using the same to get jobs. Their thinking still lies in the old ways, where women, for some unfathomable reasons, were supposed to uphold the family honour. And women, outside the family, were "easy prey". Remember the case of Mukhtar Mai in Pakistan, who was gangraped by another tribe because one of her male relatives (a 10 year old boy) was seen in public with a lady of the other tribe? Or even Phoolan Devi?

Of course, we need a huge investment in educating men, but then, if a rapists mother moves court to prove her son is a juvenile, God save the country!! And in the meantime, get a small penknife for each woman you know. And share this brave girl's story far and wide!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:12 pm

Can't wait to watch and share the vid when I reach home. This is good news and thank god the girl is safe.
I need to do some homework on pen knives. SHQ's birthday is coming up and she hails from a village in outer Jaipur.
Wondering if I can include a pen knife among other gifts :P
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

seedha.admi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by seedha.admi » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:48 pm

Dude just chill. Family honor simply meant the honor of herself. Would she had been raped her self confidence would have been shattered. What people need to do is don't, AND I MEAN DON'T, character assassinate a person who's been raped or molested. That being in any way directly or indirectly in neither society nor anywhere. This mentality needs to go away. Whatever anyone wears or does is no one's concern regardless of being men or women. It is the individuality that matters without bringing sexism in.
There's nothing black or white in the world. There are just shades of gray.