Self Defence by Jaipur Girl (pen knife)

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Self Defence by Jaipur Girl (pen knife)

Post by bennedose » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:23 pm

essdee1972 wrote: Folks, let's get the women in our lives a small penknife, at least! Universal RKBA seems a long way off......
I have been discussing these things with my daughter. She already carries a pepper spray can from Healthkart.com. About a penknife, I personally feel it is better to carry a small screwdriver - about 6 inches long. It does not require to be opened and has a handle that gives a good grip.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:05 am

Gents, just one thing - this conversation about tinted glasses/ privacy films on glasses... I have something to add, which may not be to the taste of many.

Having said this, I'll just get right to it. IMHO, your car is YOURS and no one should be telling you whether or not you can use tinted glasses or privacy films/ curtains on the windows. Just because our police force is ill trained/ ill equipped etc. does not mean that their shortcomings should be made up by restricting your use of legitimate products which may enhance your enjoyment of owning a car (after all we do have more months of summer than winter in most parts of the country).

I've had more than my fair share of arguments with friends about this, which usually start out with said friends commenting on how a vehicle involved in an incident had tinted glasses/ privacy film on the windows. To which I usually always end up saying - "So?" And my friends look at me as if I am a mentally challenged person... as if everyone should ASSUME that the ONLY reason why someone would choose to purchase tinted glasses/ privacy films is because he is a potential rapist! REALLY?! This in a country where in most parts you run the air-conditioner for 8-10 months every year? Where the old timers would have sayings like "only mad dogs and Englishmen venture out in the midday sun"!

Why is it that we take our right to privacy and right to property so lightly? When the government tells us that we cannot use privacy films/ tinted glasses on our cars why do we accept it as a reasonable demand? By an extension of that logic should we accept removing curtains from all windows of our homes so that the cops can better see what goes on inside our houses?

Sorry if that sounded like a rant... guess it was one! :P

Once again, more power to this brave lady, at a very young age she has shown the way to many women (and men) many years her senior!

Kudos!!!! :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet

P.S. - In case anyone is wondering, none of my cars has either tinted glasses or privacy films/ curtains. HOWEVER, I would like to have the CHOICE whether or not I choose to exercise that choice! Isn't that what freedom means? The ability to choose what is best/ most suitable for you, so long as your choices do not infringe on someone else's freedom(s)?
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:27 am

From the sounds of things, Abhijeet is right. Why should people be prevented from tinting their windows?

Was anyone going to come to this poor girl's defense, even if they had been able to see every gruesome detail going on in the car? Probably not.

My patience is at an end with these sort of people. Why are they even called "miscreants?" They are nothing less than terrorists. I think they ought to be eliminated from the gene pool.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:59 am

fantumfan2003 wrote:
This video on YT currently has ONLY 5657 views.....whereas a stupid noise maker has more than Seven Million views for his so called "song"......

Come on guys we got work to do........Share this link with all your friends on FB and other social networks and ask them to share the video as well.

M.
Well said!!!
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:55 am

:agree:

And was very surprised that the SC of the country had to pass on a word on such a trivial matter related to ones privacy......
Fact remains that you will still find cars and SUVs with dark tinted glasses on the roads and it is anybody's guess as to who owns them, drives in them. The ones wielding and misusing power.....

M.

mundaire wrote:Gents, just one thing - this conversation about tinted glasses/ privacy films on glasses... I have something to add, which may not be to the taste of many.

Having said this, I'll just get right to it. IMHO, your car is YOURS and no one should be telling you whether or not you can use tinted glasses or privacy films/ curtains on the windows. Just because our police force is ill trained/ ill equipped etc. does not mean that their shortcomings should be made up by restricting your use of legitimate products which may enhance your enjoyment of owning a car (after all we do have more months of summer than winter in most parts of the country).

I've had more than my fair share of arguments with friends about this, which usually start out with said friends commenting on how a vehicle involved in an incident had tinted glasses/ privacy film on the windows. To which I usually always end up saying - "So?" And my friends look at me as if I am a mentally challenged person... as if everyone should ASSUME that the ONLY reason why someone would choose to purchase tinted glasses/ privacy films is because he is a potential rapist! REALLY?! This in a country where in most parts you run the air-conditioner for 8-10 months every year? Where the old timers would have sayings like "only mad dogs and Englishmen venture out in the midday sun"!

Why is it that we take our right to privacy and right to property so lightly? When the government tells us that we cannot use privacy films/ tinted glasses on our cars why do we accept it as a reasonable demand? By an extension of that logic should we accept removing curtains from all windows of our homes so that the cops can better see what goes on inside our houses?

Sorry if that sounded like a rant... guess it was one! :P

Once again, more power to this brave lady, at a very young age she has shown the way to many women (and men) many years her senior!

Kudos!!!! :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet

P.S. - In case anyone is wondering, none of my cars has either tinted glasses or privacy films/ curtains. HOWEVER, I would like to have the CHOICE whether or not I choose to exercise that choice! Isn't that what freedom means? The ability to choose what is best/ most suitable for you, so long as your choices do not infringe on someone else's freedom(s)?
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:00 pm

The count is now at ONLY 5727....

What's happening guys ? Only two of us have shared this on their FB page ? Nobody has freinds on FB and other SN's ?

Are we a bunch of NATO ( No Action Talk Only ) ?

How much effort does it take to copy paste the above link on your status on FB and click Share ?

M.
Big Daddy wrote:
fantumfan2003 wrote:
This video on YT currently has ONLY 5657 views.....whereas a stupid noise maker has more than Seven Million views for his so called "song"......

Come on guys we got work to do........Share this link with all your friends on FB and other social networks and ask them to share the video as well.

M.
Well said!!!
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:49 am

Here is some news about attitudes to women and family honour among some highly educated Indians. This is a snap of a news item in the Deccan herald dated today 15th sept 2013 that one of the defence lawyers in the Delhi rape case would have killed his daughter if she had premarital sex or stayed all night with a boyfriend. In India, many people see women as an object that belongs to her father and later to her husband. In another news item a woman judge in Delhi has declared expenses for her daughters as "liabilities" along with her tax returns.

Women in India cannot be safe as long as we live among friends and relatives and socialize cheerfully with monsters who have these attitudes

Click for image
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3JNY4I ... sp=sharing

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:49 pm

I shared this video here and with all my friends on FB (264 friends) and just checked the YT statistics.......

Only 5764 views till date.....

Either we don't respect our females, or are a nation of No Action Talk Only (NATO, actually want to right AFNS) or both.......

I hang my head in shame, gentlemen.

M.

P. S. : Posting this on FB too...
fantumfan2003 wrote:The count is now at ONLY 5727....

What's happening guys ? Only two of us have shared this on their FB page ? Nobody has freinds on FB and other SN's ?

Are we a bunch of NATO ( No Action Talk Only ) ?

How much effort does it take to copy paste the above link on your status on FB and click Share ?

M.
Big Daddy wrote:
fantumfan2003 wrote:

M.
Well said!!!

Darr ke aage jeet hai

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:25 pm

Super work... She needs a gun...
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:06 am

Great work done by the brave girl. :cheers:
Pen knife are really a great self defence tool for outdoors.
Keep knives in your pocket and pray that you will never need it