Combat Shooting

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Combat Shooting

Post by cottage cheese » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:10 pm

penpusher";p="21571 wrote:Yours truly had a chance to shoot with a designated marksman/sniper of the NSG in 1990 or there abouts.Got a better score than him.Lost all faith in the abilities of the organisation then and there.

penpusher
HA! Man penpusher - I give you 100% for that! Was it with a PSG1 or MSG90?

One can get a good gauge of the state of the NSG - Down to simple stuff like basic kit -I'm not sure right now, but till very recently, 'India's best' were still sporting Pattern-35 belts, anklets with those shady contractor DMS boots... and of course those very clumsy overalls. My acquaintance leans more heavily towards the SPG.... which I am sorry to say is also creaking on the seams.

The biggest problem is the babu mentality is omnipotent... its everywhere - The Babu has got India by the ba**s... Remains to be seen how and when our country can squirm out of the sorry state.

For Advertising mail webmaster
penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:22 pm

Cottage Cheese,

Neither.It was an SLR.Both of us used the same rifle.He going first and I later. Had no idea about this fancy shmancy stuff about cooling the barrel and shot immediately after the fellow.It was more for fun than anything else.

penpusher

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:02 pm

Isn't there another training base at Hindon Air Force base?

Mack The Knife

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:05 am

Cottage Chese - I`ve just noticed that there`s an `E` missing from the Cheese in your user name ....... Is that deliberate or a typo ?

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:57 am

Grumpy";p="21938 wrote:Cottage Chese - I`ve just noticed that there`s an `E` missing from the Cheese in your user name ....... Is that deliberate or a typo ?
hi Grumpy,

It was a typo... couldn't be changed after I committed... :)

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:33 am

penpusher";p="21558 wrote:The NSG and SPG are co-related.The SPG is there to provide protection to the PM and his family members and ex-PM's and the NSG to carry out anti-terrorist operations.Incresingly,the NSG is being used to provide protection to VIP's.A task it was not really designed to perform.The NSG was modeled on the G.S.G. 9 antiterrorist group of West Germany,a lean organisation headed by a young officer.The NSG has bloated to the extent that now it has an officer of the rank of DG NSG heading it.This is the website of the NSG http://nsg.gov.in Look at the Composition bit and you see how they have no physical fitness standards for the officers :wink:

Doesn't look like they need any training though.Just a scaple to trim off the flab.

penpusher
The NSG comprises of two groups the SRG (Special Rangers Group) & the SAG (Special Action Group).
SRG is composed of personell from CRPF,CISF,BSF etc,largely provides security to the VIP's the so called Black Cats.
SAG comprises of people from the Army only.They carry out the anti terrorist and anti-hijacking operations.
The SAG has 2 units 51 SAG and 52 SAG,one based at Manesar and the other next to the the Domestic Airport in Delhi.
The former is for anti terrorist and the latter for anti hijacking.
It is open to all ranks from the fighting arms of the Army.
There is a 3 months probationary period,however the standards here are much below of what are expected off from all ranks while volunteering for the Special Forces of the Indian Army ie the elite Para Commando units.

Sanjay

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:01 am

Sanjay,

Thanks for the clarification.

penpusher