What is your Fitness Regime

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Re: What is your Fitness Regime

Post by ckkalyan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:35 pm

Yes, kalashnikovcult there are replacements avaiable for beef (the diet mainy suggests protein with some fat)

Here is the main site: http://www.gmdietworks.com/general-moto ... -tips.html
I am a vegetarian, what do I do instead of meat?
We have laid out two plans for vegetarians. Here are the links. Keep in mind whenever you replace meat, you need to make sure you have a little good fat in that dish. Example would be: olive oil, coconut oil, butter or ghee. Also if you have curd as a meat replacement, it will already contain some good fat.
Then there is also an Indian version http://www.gmdietworks.com/general-moto ... rsion.html
Beef Substitutes: Aside from beef, there are also other foods that rich in iron and protein, such as red kidney beans, lentils or low fat Paneer. Spinach and bean sprouts, as well as soybean curd or tofu and 1 cup brown or white rice may be used to replace beef in Days 5 and 6. Any BEEF REPLACEMENT should have some good fat, curd will have fat, or you can add some olive oil, ghee, coconut oil or butter.
Hope this helps. Point to note - the positive thing here is that one does not feel deprived as one can 'eat as much as one likes - no limitations subject to the items of the day' - you see?

Try and see if a family member (wife, child, sibling) is willing to join you in a team diet effort - it helps as you'll have some support and encouragement.

It is doable and you can still feel satisfied every day - kalashnikovcult - just give it your 100% commitment for the first week and you'll realize the benefits almost immediately (I especially liked the detox effect, which takes care of most weight issues)! :)
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

For Advertising mail webmaster
kalashnikovcult
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by kalashnikovcult » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:22 pm

Thank you very much ..will plan it and let you know
cu kar az hama hilate dar guzasht
halal ast burdan ba shamshir dast.

When all other means have failed,it is righteous to draw the sword

-- Guru Gobind Singhji Maharaj

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:00 pm

Interesting thread and diverse views. Not into any specific fitness regime. Prefer long morning or evening walks and cycling in country side road. Prefer fresh and natural foods in moderation over artificial, packaged or spiced up ones.

Athletes, gymnasts, swimmers and bodybuilders usually have among the fittest and most beautiful bodies. Sharing below an enjoyable belly dance performance by a bodybuilder and fitness expert. Internet search tells she also runs her gym in Gurgaon.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:24 pm

As far as I have read the gm diet does not exist, beyond the net. Please don't shoot me if i'm wrong. :lol:
My wife tried it and it did work but then you get it all back as soon as you go off it.

I would rather vouch for the Atkins Diet. It will reduce weight down in days but just like in the fairy tale...you gain it back the moment you get off the diet. Haven't had the courage after one great effort some twelve years ago. I am now back to my normal quintal weight, though I run and lift weights three days a week. Okay...okay I confess to having gone off it for two months and am struggling with the pain and all again. :mrgreen:

Someday the weight is gonna give up.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:55 am

Any regimen that aims to reduces weight in days or 5kg per weak is not a diet but fasting like in the GM DIET, fasting has its place in detox protocols though.
The initial euphoria is entirely due to the water loss and hardly any fat loss.
the more days you do and multiple times you do such programs you are partitioning the body composition towards the fat. the GM diet sure is going to take your metabolism due south as the body will be in a catabolic state and you would have lost lean mass that will give you a nasty rebound effect.
moreover i am astonished how the fruit are allowed when honey is rightly avoided, fruits are healthy nutritionally but on a diet - big NO.fruits contain fructose which is not metabolized in the same manner as glucose and it sets you up for insulin insensitivity - super duper NO.
its only the last day that protein are use instead one could use free range boiled eggs daily.
one thing the GM DIET seems to have got it right is keeping out gluten (y)
any diet without a proper workout is destined to fail.
my 2c's

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:34 pm

Ganesh,

I agree with a lot of what you said. However, fruits are not as bad as made out to be unless you intended to say an exclusively fruit based diet. Then, we are in agreement.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-h ... -your-diet
“Fructose is naturally found in fruits. Fruits are not harmful and are even beneficial in almost any amount,” he explains. Fruits contain lots of fiber. The fructose is bound to the fiber, which slows its absorption.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."