Fresh 'baton' anyone?

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
ethikalajax
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Fresh 'baton' anyone?

Post by ethikalajax » Thu May 10, 2012 3:20 pm

Ordered a baton online on 3/21/2012 from a site called 'tinydeal' which sells chinese products. It says free shipping so i readily opted to buy and had to wait 30 days (as told by the site) for the thing to arrive but it didn't. After losing hope and some cursing i get a call on 5/8/2012 from the post office saying a package arrived from hong-kong and i know what it was, i rushed to the post office to get it . Got home and opened the package, it was 50 cm long collapsible baton , very sturdy ( i din't expect that ) and weighed approximately 600-700 gms as solid as a rod. It costed me around 700Rs + 398 customs duty ( paid it at the post office ). Now it shall serve its duty in my car.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Re: Fresh 'baton' anyone?

Post by Moin. » Thu May 10, 2012 3:23 pm

ethikalajax wrote:Ordered a baton online on 3/21/2012 from a site called 'tinydeal' which sells chinese products. It says free shipping so i readily opted to buy and had to wait 30 days (as told by the site) for the thing to arrive but it didn't. After losing hope and some cursing i get a call on 5/8/2012 from the post office saying a package arrived from hong-kong and i know what it was, i rushed to the post office to get it . Got home and opened the package, it was 50 cm long collapsible baton , very sturdy ( i din't expect that ) and weighed approximately 600-700 gms as solid as a rod. It costed me around 700Rs + 398 customs duty ( paid it at the post office ). Now it shall serve its duty in my car.
Sweet, Congratulation.The same's available at the local arms store in Mumbai for 1800...

Regards
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

varunik
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by varunik » Thu May 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Moin. wrote:
ethikalajax wrote:Ordered a baton online on 3/21/2012 from a site called 'tinydeal' which sells chinese products. It says free shipping so i readily opted to buy and had to wait 30 days (as told by the site) for the thing to arrive but it didn't. After losing hope and some cursing i get a call on 5/8/2012 from the post office saying a package arrived from hong-kong and i know what it was, i rushed to the post office to get it . Got home and opened the package, it was 50 cm long collapsible baton , very sturdy ( i din't expect that ) and weighed approximately 600-700 gms as solid as a rod. It costed me around 700Rs + 398 customs duty ( paid it at the post office ). Now it shall serve its duty in my car.
Sweet, Congratulation.The same's available at the local arms store in Mumbai for 1800...

Regards
Moin.
1800-1098=702.
Net profit =702
Net loss peace of mind for a month :P
So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

It's the eye of the tiger
It's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge
Of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And he's watching us all with the
Eye of the tiger

prasanjit.baul
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prasanjit.baul » Thu May 10, 2012 4:30 pm

Can you tell me in which section is this product listed. I am also interested in this product.

ethikalajax
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ethikalajax » Thu May 10, 2012 4:37 pm

prasanjit.baul wrote:Can you tell me in which section is this product listed. I am also interested in this product.
http://www.tinydeal.com/retractable-sel ... -3727.html

prasanjit.baul
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prasanjit.baul » Thu May 10, 2012 5:06 pm

ethikalajax wrote:
prasanjit.baul wrote:Can you tell me in which section is this product listed. I am also interested in this product.

This link doesnt open up the product. :( its showing numerous products in which the baton is not listed..

varunik
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by varunik » Thu May 10, 2012 5:42 pm

probably they ran out if stock, so the website redirects you.
So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

It's the eye of the tiger
It's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge
Of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And he's watching us all with the
Eye of the tiger

Rajat
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Rajat » Thu May 10, 2012 6:39 pm

Batons are available online at an Indian site http://www.oliveplanet.in/categories/Ol ... 19126.aspx

This website was recently brought to notice by another IFG member.

A baton is a very effective self defense weapon. Some training and practice will help a lot.

ethikalajax
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ethikalajax » Thu May 10, 2012 7:20 pm

prasanjit.baul wrote:
ethikalajax wrote:

This link doesnt open up the product. :( its showing numerous products in which the baton is not listed..
Tinydeal.com > Electronics > security equipment > self defense devices .

crazyphilo
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by crazyphilo » Tue May 14, 2013 4:13 pm

I have been wondering over buying a baton to keep in the car. Nearly bought one in Germany to bring over to India in my luggage. But was not sure if it would be considered illegal. Is the collapsible baton allowed to be carried on person or in car ?

Olive planet website shows two kinds of handles, anti-slip & ergonomic - which one is recommended ?

Someone (not on the forum) had once suggested to keep a length of water hose / pipe, approx 2 mtrs long, in the car to use as a whip. I am not sure on how effective it would be.

Any thoughts ?

Kumarnishith
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Kumarnishith » Tue May 14, 2013 8:35 pm

crazyphilo wrote:I have been wondering over buying a baton to keep in the car. Nearly bought one in Germany to bring over to India in my luggage. But was not sure if it would be considered illegal. Is the collapsible baton allowed to be carried on person or in car ?

Olive planet website shows two kinds of handles, anti-slip & ergonomic - which one is recommended ?

Someone (not on the forum) had once suggested to keep a length of water hose / pipe, approx 2 mtrs long, in the car to use as a whip. I am not sure on how effective it would be.

Any thoughts ?
He he...great self defense idea.. :cheers: .a humble suggestion ...wrap the water pipe around your waist...You never know when it might come handy..when you confront a bad guy all you need to do is to unleash the mighty water pipe and whip em up :lol: :lol: However do wear a leather belt too..just in case...you never know..unleashing the mighty whip..err...water pipe may lead to disastrous consequences if your trouser falls down ROTFL

-Nishith

crazyphilo
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by crazyphilo » Fri May 17, 2013 10:37 am

Good one Nishith.

However... any insight on usefulness of keeping a baton in the car and which one is recommended :

Ergonomic handle - http://www.oliveplanet.in/Products/Oliv ... 06551.aspx

Anti-slip handle - http://www.oliveplanet.in/Products/Oliv ... 06779.aspx

I noticed that none of the two have a provision for lanyard. Wouldnt a lanyard be more effective in not losing the baton, specially if its raining or hands are slippery ?

u_vaste
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by u_vaste » Fri May 17, 2013 3:42 pm

Hello Guys,

I got my 26" baton from http://www.emascot.in/self-defence.html for Rs700/- last year cash on delivery. current price Rs.1400/- they also keep other self defense products.

Uv

YogiBear
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by YogiBear » Sat May 18, 2013 2:58 am

Aloha,

This is the company that had a big part in getting used by American police

https://www.asp-usa.com/store/batons.html

They also have a lot of other products.

I have handled Asp batons. Well made and Solid.

Don't know if you have room in the car to snap one open.

Use the car 3,000 pound car as a fort and run the attacker over.

You Need a lot of training and Practice to be really effective with one.

For vehicle and home security, I would suggest window security film.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/e ... dow_Films/

I have seen similar products demonstrated. Will STOP 44 magnum bullets at very close range.

Installation has to be done in very spefic manor to work most effectively.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Sun May 19, 2013 11:31 am

Water pipes - the stiff type - has been used as "interrgoation aids" by lots of police forces - secret and otherwise. But then, the "subject" in such cases is usually immobilised and can't fight back.

Filled with shot (as in buckshot), pellets, ball bearings, small pebbles, etc. pipes seem to have been used as blackjacks (or sap or cosh, depending on which criminal fraternity you belong to).

I have a Cold Steel sjambok and a defunct trekking pole (the tip wore off, making it highly dangerous to hope for support from the pole) in the back of the car, on top of the speakers.
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley