pepper spray is illegal in India

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
jacekk
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

pepper spray is illegal in India

Post by jacekk » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:39 pm

Dear Indians For Guns members

I read basically all forum, also I made a lot of research in internet at subject of pepper spray (capsicum oleoresin) legality in India. All resources says this same that pepper spray is fully legal in India without needed any permit. Unfortunately it's simply not true. I recently sent pepper spray to Mumbai and my package was held for clearance by customs.

Is there any law regarding pepper spray in Iindia?

I know that there are a few manufacturers of pepper spray in India so how comes that i can't import pepper spray to India but it can be easly exported?

I will be very grateful for any informations at this subject.

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: pepper spray is illegal in India

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:54 pm

Instead of jumping to conclusion if something is true or false, one should first understand and ascertain the facts. The laws that apply for importing something into India are different from the laws that apply for manufacturing, selling or possessing something in India. Please do not confuse and mix the two. The pepper spray was held by Customs under which provision of import law? Did you ask the same from Customs?

AFAIK the manufacturing, selling or possessing of pepper spray in India is not restricted or regulated by law. If there exists such a silly law then I would also like to know.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

ankitdashora
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: pepper spray is illegal in India

Post by ankitdashora » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:14 am

selling of pepper spray is not illegal afaik i had seen several shops in indore selling that spray .. I have no clue weather they are selling it illegally but the way they displayed it seems legal... Also couple of people are selling it by online advertisements ...