A Miss America whom I love

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: A Miss America whom I love

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:29 pm

One gutsy lady for sure...

More power to her old hands

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
bhaskar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bhaskar » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:33 pm

Hi Guys,

it was great to go through his article....

It reminds me the days when i was probably 11 years old ..My father is in a govt Job so after every few years, we were transfered to new cities.. We had recently shifted in Agra during those days.. and got our new rented house in relatively less crowed location of the city..

That day my Dad was out for next few days in lucknow.. So me my younger bro and my Mom were the only people left at home.. It was winter and by 11:00pm in night it was too dark and foggy outside..

at around 11:30pm we heard some noises in our backyard, it sounded like some one is trying to hammer some iron sheet or metal part... after listening all this my mom woke up and started looking outside from the window curtain... she noticed that they were three people trying to break the locks of our channels ... they had already taken out one of the window grills... in those days we didn't had any kind of phone (base phone or cell) so there was no medium for her to call somebody for help...

They finally when she realized that if she give them more time they will enter in the room we were in.. So she took out my dad's double barrel 12 bore... although she had only shot for five or six times ... but them she loaded the gun and told me to hold my younger brother tightly and don't make any noise..

them from the window grill she shoot two fire from a distance of approx 30-40 meters.. i think only one of them got injured ... but they left every thing and ran away... finally some of the neighborers came about inquiring the gun shot... later we made a FRI but no one arrested..

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:25 pm

bhaskar";p="28888 wrote: They finally when she realized that if she give them more time they will enter in the room we were in.. So she took out my dad's double barrel 12 bore... although she had only shot for five or six times ... but them she loaded the gun and told me to hold my younger brother tightly and don't make any noise..

them from the window grill she shoot two fire from a distance of approx 30-40 meters.. i think only one of them got injured ... but they left every thing and ran away... finally some of the neighborers came about inquiring the gun shot... later we made a FRI but no one arrested..
Kudos!! As fine an example of why citizens need to arm themselves as any... :) ... And also why there is a practical requirement for buckshot, even though hunting is banned... :evil:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:00 am

Bhaskar - a gutsy lady and a mum to be proud of.

Yeah, couldn`t agree more Abhijeet - everyone should have the right to defend their own home.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:53 am

Hats off to her Bhaskar and amongst other things it was great she knew how to shoot and was familiar with the gun. It stresses the key point that members of household should be trained on how to shoot a gun and safety rules.

Amen to Grumpy and Abhijeet's posts.

Cheers

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:11 am

Hey Bhaskar,

Your Mom, I salute.

It's inspired me to put some gun lessons into my Mom , Sis, Wife and my daughter when she comes of age.

...now where is that .45 thats been lying around the house...somewhere :)

bhaskar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bhaskar » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:35 am

Grumpy";p="28918 wrote:Bhaskar - a gutsy lady and a mum to be proud of.

Yeah, couldn`t agree more Abhijeet - everyone should have the right to defend their own home.
Thanks Grumpy and Abhi, i am proud of my mom..
cottage cheese";p="28946 wrote: Hey Bhaskar,

Your Mom, I salute.

It's inspired me to put some gun lessons into my Mom , Sis, Wife and my daughter when she comes of age.

...now where is that .45 thats been lying around the house...somewhere :)
thanks CC ... you will be amazed to know.. in our family its a tradition that on every "Dashera and Diwali" at least every family member above 10 years of age shoot the fire arms.. so even my mom, sis, cousin everybody knows how to use and operate fire arms like pistol/ rov/ rifles..

it was more of a necessity rather than a craze coz of certain circumstances in the past...

anyways the 12 bore Gun is still with us on my fathers name.. it's ASTRA .. he bought it for INR 35,000/- in 1989

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:17 pm

bhaskar";p="29014 wrote:thanks CC ... you will be amazed to know.. in our family its a tradition that on every "Dashera and Diwali" at least every family member above 10 years of age shoot the fire arms.
Not in the air, I hope.... :mrgreen:

bhaskar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bhaskar » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:09 pm

cottage cheese";p="29018 wrote:
bhaskar";p="29014 wrote:thanks CC ... you will be amazed to know.. in our family its a tradition that on every "Dashera and Diwali" at least every family member above 10 years of age shoot the fire arms.
Not in the air, I hope.... :mrgreen:
Dashera is not to far .....would be glad if you want to join us for celebration... :) FYI.. in UP its quite common...

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:01 am

Bhaskar

Thats a nice gun you have do post photos

Best