Ohio permit holder successfully defends himself

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Ohio permit holder successfully defends himself

Post by xl_target » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:24 pm

yes that video more like a circus, does not have practical value at all.
I feel it does have practical value. It shows how quickly the situation can go from seemingly normal to disastrous.
It also reinforces the point you made about being prepared... always.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

For Advertising mail webmaster
OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:45 pm

yes that video more like a circus, does not have practical value at all.
Yep it really doesnt have the 'split bullet into two with a blade' or an 'Item number'. Tad boring ... innit...!! :mrgreen:

On a more serious note, it does have immense practical value, especially to the victim who can use it to stay out of Jail. And to show that he acted in self defence which would not have been possible to prove easily in court otherwise.

Though the next victim may not be in a similar situation and might not be able to use this video as a reference (as such incidents are not choreographed) this just enforces the oft repeated advice of keeping your head on a "SWIVEL' and keeping your 'COOL'. Yes one can train, but only 'so much'. I am yet to come across a 'cover it all' training manual.

@xl_target, what happened to the two perps, are they behind bars and what was the verdict ? Hows the sentiment in Ohio amongst the antis regarding this issue ?

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:33 pm

real things no body will teach and disclose, same like with knife. I have see private tape of former KGB instructor, that was real life staff, in short just get your bullets out from any position. If you training to shot only from kneeling and standing position, then it is quite a cut from all possible variations, what about sarwang asan shooting position or a flying bird position.

some time even circus tricks can be lethal, it may look funny, well, who cares how it looks if it dose the job.

Classical spy case. two russian operatives been killed in eastern Berlin after the war. They have been waiting out side of apparent building for some important german spy. When, he showed up they confronted him and pointed their guns on him. One of russian said - Rise you hands. German spy rose both his hands, and in the next moment he shot both russian guys. His right hand was fake and fixed by wire to his left hand. So when he rose his left hand it appears that right hand rose too. And his real right hand was holding a gun under overcoat. Circus? sure, but two russian's who went though the whole hell 4 years of war and survived, been killed.
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:30 pm

@xl_target, what happened to the two perps, are they behind bars and what was the verdict ? Hows the sentiment in Ohio amongst the antis regarding this issue ?
As far as I can tell, the perps are still free. The one that got shot is in the hospital and his buddy is running around. They might be waiting for him to get out of the hospital so they don't have to pay his bill. They might be waiting for a Grand Jury hearing. I don't know. Regardless, the CCW holder has not been charged.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941