Owner kills 3 robbers in jewelry store shootout

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
Darklord
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Owner kills 3 robbers in jewelry store shootout

Post by Darklord » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:35 pm

In the back room of a humble jewelry store and pawn shop in Houston's East End Thursday afternoon, a gunman tied Eva Castillo's wrists tightly — too tightly. She complained of the pain, so he loosened the bindings. Then Castillo's husband was ordered at gunpoint to put his hands behind his back.

But Ramon Castillo had a surprise for the gunman and two cohorts, who had announced they were robbing the business.

Castillo pulled a pistol from his waistband and shot the gunman dead. Then he grabbed a shotgun from his office and engaged in a shootout with the other two armed robbers.

When it was over, all three robbers were dead — and Castillo, though shot at least three times, was still standing, having successfully defended what was rightfully his.
Houston Chronicle
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 43008.html
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, I require the same from them."

For Advertising mail webmaster
IndiansForGuns
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Owner kills 3 robbers in jewelry store shootout

Post by IndiansForGuns » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:16 am

Other U.S states need to learn the laws from Texas.
Over feminine women of India are biggest weakness of the country - Mahatma Vinit.

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:06 am

not only in US. india needs more than any other country.

IndiansForGuns
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by IndiansForGuns » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:52 am

I said it because this incident happened in U.S. Indian government gets plenty of chances to learn but our politicians won't.
Over feminine women of India are biggest weakness of the country - Mahatma Vinit.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:21 am

Sounds like he had no choice. When victims are tied up and separated, thing are not going to end well.
At least he was legally allowed the choice to possess the tools to defend himself with.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941