My concealed carry rig.

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: My concealed carry rig.

Post by shooter » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:38 pm

Thanks for the informative post XL_target. how did you manage the animated pic?
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

For Advertising mail webmaster
amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amit888_2000 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:54 pm

Excellent demonstration Xl_target,

yes, i mean the same as you said, shoulder holster work's gr8 in winters, as they can be concealed under jacket, coats, pullovers...others, but in summers they cannot....
normally except sundays, all week days in summers i am formally dressed (a shirt & trousers), so shoulder holster's won't work.....
now, for that in summers we need IWB holsters......now in this case concealing a pistol is cool.....as u rightly displayed, but cencealing a revolver is an issue.......Though i see ur holster is the perfect one, and placed at a perfect place......
As normally when u house a weapon, and specially a revolver the grips which pops out should not be visible.....?

I like ur action.....waiting for some one to display a snubby revolver......like the one i have
(Colt Cobra .38 spl, 2 inches, Light Weight)
Thankx again ....My dear xl_target...)))cheers!!!

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:15 pm

do you send posts via blackberry?
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:01 am

Shooter,
I use a program called Jasc Animation shop. I don't think it is available anymore as Jasc got sold to Corel quite a while back. However, see your PM, I included a link on making animated gif's. The article links to some programs that can be used to make animated gif's.

Amit,
Concealing the a revolver shouldn't be much different than concealing a pistol of similar size. A well made IWB or OWB holster will tuck the butt of the gun tightly into the body so printing should be minimal.

ImageImage
This OWB with a red-dyed rattlesnake insert is from Sideguard holsters. I would recommend him without reservation.

ImageImage
The above three images are of a snubby with IWB clip holster and shown with a cover garment. you can see how the outline of the gun disappears.
These images are from the website of Sideguard Holsters.

This IWB is a 'tuckable" that is also from Sideguard Holsters.
Notice the reinforcement around the mouth of the holster. This will keep it open after you draw thus making re-holstering easier.
Your shirt tucks between the holster and the flap that has the snapped loop sewn onto it. Removing the holster is as simple as unsnapping the snap and pulling the whole thing off.
I personally feel that the snapped loop is more secure than a clip. I have had a clip disengage from the belt, sending the holster down my pants leg. Never had any issues with the snaps.

Amit, if you contact him, I'm sure he can make and ship you a decent holster. If you have to wear a tucked shirt, you could look into his "tuckable" holster.
Both my sideguard holsters are tuckable and work very well when I have to wear a tucked shirt. The only thing you can see are the snaps and you can hide them with a cell phone holder.
The photos below are of me wearing a Sideguard "Double Tuck Snap" holster.
ImageImage

To see photos of my holsters see here: http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7010
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amit888_2000 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:50 pm

Thankx a ton dear xl_target, its altogether a very informative post for me....and sooner i shall be odering a nice holster for my use.....and posting pictures, Thankx again.....

)))cheers!!!

Enemy
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Enemy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:09 am

shooter wrote:Good taste in art. (painting behind)
Practical, efficient (dressing mirror in cupboard)
Lives by himself (iron the floor)
Likes a bit of greenry or into feng-shui. (plant) plus it is a more recent aquisition so maybe got a new housemate. Some how it looks like not yours. Goes with the painting though.

Skin tone looks darker than caucasian could be a tan but waist is the same colour as the arm. Lack of a lot of hair on the forearm points away from Indian origin (but then this cant be strict as there are so many mixed races in India)

boxers: young, cool, chilled out.
Checked pants: casual, comfort over looks.
Ditto for brown belt.

Oh also you are in an office/sedentary job.
Girlfriends's place.

Indian (Bengali)

Attorney

Under 30.

Lot's of guns.

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:34 pm

Saw a few reviews of Galco and uncle mikes ankle holsters i like em .. would like to know if anyone has used em and how comfy they are .also need help with smart carry and cellmate type concealed holster and if u can share ur experiences with em..
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:19 am

also need help with smart carry and cellmate type concealed holster and if u can share ur experiences with em..

Hmmm! Many people have used a SmartCarry type of holster successfully.
However, for some reason, every time I read the word "Smartcarry", I (shudder) think of this post on THR.
Please read it carefully, especially posts 1 and 2.
The branded "SmartCarry" holsters actually have a (plastic?) sheet that covers the trigger guard area to lessen the chances of the trigger being pulled but I still have an issue with the muzzle being pointed in the general direction of the family jewels.

I will not carry a loaded gun on my person unless I have a RIGID holster that covers the trigger guard. By rigid, I mean either leather or Kydex/molded plastic (like a Fobus) . By leather, I mean a formed leather holster that holds its shape after the gun is withdrawn and not one of those thin suede floppy things. Even if the gun has a total mechanical failure and for some reason fired in the holster, because I carry at about 4:00 with a 15 degree cant, at the worst I might get a burned stripe down my butt or at best just a hole in the back of my pants (just depending on how I am standing or sitting). Like I mentioned before, a rigid holster and belt will pull the butt of the gun into your side. The way my guns sit in my IWB holsters, the muzzle is clear of my butt cheek and isn't pointing at any of my body parts. There is also no way that the trigger can get pulled while in there. Now you know why I keep stressing "rigid".

Carrying OWB, I actually carry closer to 3:00 or 3:30 with a 15 degree cant. The muzzle is clear of all body parts in this position too. Look at the image below; because of where the belt loops are placed, when the butt of the gun is snugged into the body, the holster forces the muzzle to actually pull away from the body a little. I usually only wear this in the fall and winter under a coat or when riding my motorcycle where it is covered by my riding jacket. This holster is marginal but it provides enough rigidity that the trigger cannot be snagged or pulled from the outside of the holster.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941