.22 lr rifle buying advice

Posts related to rifles.
mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:00 pm

Adam,

Every member here has shot a Brno No 1, 2 or 3 at an Indian rifle club. They have been a staple of clubs there from the 1970s and some rifles are still in use. There is an Indian Ordnance FActory 22 lr rifle that is supposed to be modelled on the Brno Model 1 but the execution is very poor. How good are the Chinese copies? I saw some Norinco SKS rifles in Wisconsin when I lived there and not many people liked them much preferring the Romanian and Russian SKSs to them because the difference in price was only about $ 30 or so.

I am looking at a 22 lr manual repeater and haven;t decided whether to buy the Izhmash Biathlon Basic or a Zastava bolt from CDNN myself. Krico's 22s are in a different price range altogether, of course, but then, as you very rightly point out, you usually get what you pay for.

Cheers!

For Advertising mail webmaster
cyrixoutside
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cyrixoutside » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:10 pm

hi,

yes i would be interested, if its not too much trouble please check out the rifle

thank

rajat

cauvery-cowboy
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by cauvery-cowboy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:30 pm

Hi Rajat,

Consider it done!

The rifle will be coming to my place tomorrow and I will give you a report. I will only be able to fire it over the weekend as the range is about a45 min away from my house.

Cheers,

Marc
Life is too short to carry an ugly knife
- Calvin Coolidge

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:01 pm

Marc,

You are a gentleman.Helping a fellow shooter.... :)

Best- Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

cauvery-cowboy
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by cauvery-cowboy » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:30 am

Hi Vikram,

You are embarassing me! :oops:

It's no big deal at all.

Marc
- Calvin Coolidge

cauvery-cowboy
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by cauvery-cowboy » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:37 pm

Hi Rajat,

My friend just dropped off the Brno Mod. 1. As I mentioned I will fire it over the weekend and tell you how it groups.

The following is what I observed -

1. Bore in excellent condition
2. Feeding and ejection perfect with Eley Club ammo.
3. Good Trigger - two stage. Crisp let-off
4. Crappy scope - Norconia 4x32
5. Stock very good condition - polished. Two minor dents in the checkering which is on the pistol grip only. No cracks or major dents
6. Magazine is not the original on that normally came factory fitted. This one is a 5 shot original CZ magazine, like I said flawless functioning.
7. Now for the bad news - the barrel and triggerguard have been reblued. There are also a spots where minor pitting due to rust has ocurred. However, overall the gun looks good.
8. Front sight protector missing.

My opinion - if you are particular about a Brno and if this rifle shoots well, pick it up. Considering todays prices, Rs. 80,000/- is a fair price.

Also, if you haggle with the owner he may come down by about Rs. 5000/- and if nothing else it should cover your travel costs. :)

Cheers,

Marc
- Calvin Coolidge

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:18 pm

wow, Rs. 80,000/$1735 is quite expensive compared to prices here.

How much do Ruger 10/22s go for, in India?

Thanks,
Naren

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:01 am

Naren

Ruger is a semi auto therefore a PB kind of lic. Therefore it might be cheaper or around the same price. You are correct for $1000 one can buy Anchutz here

Regards
Navdeep

cyrixoutside
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cyrixoutside » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:06 am

hi,

marc, thanks for checking out the rifle. The reblued barrel bit has put me of a bit.

so i think i'll skip this one.

but thanks anyway

:)

rajat

dakshnakra007
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: .22 lr rifle buying advice

Post by dakshnakra007 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:39 pm

would somebody please through light on pump action .22 lr guns available in India, along with their expected price and what to check before buying them?

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:28 pm

pump action .22lr?
dr.jk

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:35 pm

dr.jayakumar wrote:pump action .22lr?
dr.jk
Yes. Lots of them in the past, fewer now. Google Remington models 12, 121, 572. Winchester models 61, 62, 270. Savage Model 29. Noble Model 33. J. C. Higgins Model 33. Stevens "Visible Loader". Marlin Model 27. Henry Firearms. F.N. made a very nice Browning-designed one; believe it went under the " FN Trombone" designation. You may not find a description for all of them on the net, but you should be able to learn more about them.

Going O.T. here. Probably should have replied/ posted under a new topic.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:03 am

You might also be surprised at some of those Chinese .22 LR rifles. They are cheap and the finish might be lacking so people look on them with disdain. Still, most are well built and shoot extremely well. There are quite a few available here (in the US) even though Chinese firearms are not imported anymore. They are usually machined out of solid steel and most Norinco steel is pretty decent. The wood may not be the best but a little elbow grease will make that look good.

For example: The Norinco JW-15 (Early Import...Marked M-4 Clayco, Kansas) is a 22LR copy of the Brno/CZ452. It has a 22" Barrel with 5 shot magazine. It has a double pull, adjustable, trigger and the magazines are interchangeable with CZ 452 magazines.

There are also other Norinco models that are well regarded, like:
Norinco EM322
Norinco EM332
Norinco NS522

Many of these are extremely accurate and will outshoot most commercial .22 LR bolt action rifles regardless of where the are made.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

VEERENDRA
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by VEERENDRA » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:18 am

मुझे एक 22lr इंगलिश रायफल खरीदनी है कहां आशानी से मिलेगी और किस रेट में कृपया जानकारी देवें।।।।। अगर मेच रायफल मिल जाए तो सोने पे सुहागा ।।।।
वीरेंद्र सिहं ठाकुर

sathvik
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sathvik » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:24 pm

dakshnakra007 wrote:would somebody please through light on pump action .22 lr guns available in India, along with their expected price and what to check before buying them?
I have a BSA .22 PUMP ACTION RIFLE . you have to check the condition of barrel and riflings and grouping.

Better to check for proper cycle of ammo
Price upto 80000 which I paid for my rifle .
Regards
Sathvik

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk