Best NP Bore rifle available with Indian dealers

Posts related to rifles.
zinx
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Best NP Bore rifle available with Indian dealers

Post by zinx » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:39 pm

I am new to using guns but m considering acquiring a rifle , What is the best NP Bore rifle available with Indian dealers and for what price .

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Best NP Bore rifle available with Indian dealers

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:27 pm

Hi zinx,

Welcome to IFG, in India we hardly any choice at the moment to get the "best" because the "best" are very old and hence usually doubtful and prices are extortionate, the new are only IOF, the quality is variable.
I am not trying to discourage you, but telling a hard reality. The most important at the moment is, if you do not act now to lodge your objections to MHA before 6.1.2010, the draft proposed to amend the present Arms Act will make your plans/dreams of acquiring a rifle/ a shot gun/ a pistol to become just a dream because MHA is proposing draconian amendments to the law that will make self protection of life from violent crime by ordinary citizen next to impossible. Hence requesting you take immediate action to raise objections to MHA, because it is extremely important. Please refer post by mundair for final draft at http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 3&start=93 and emails listed by vkjalan. Once you are done with sending your email to [email protected] with CC to all the emails listed by vkjalan, I would request you to mail hard copies with speedpost to sudhir malhotra, and cc to Home Minister, Prim Minister, Sonia Gandhi, Shushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley(and others whom you may think may help).
This is an open appeal to all Indians reading this, who value their inalienable right for self defense and liberty, as well as right to life gauranteed by our constitution

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:09 pm

zinx wrote:I am new to using guns but m considering acquiring a rifle , What is the best NP Bore rifle available with Indian dealers and for what price .
no such thing as the best here. you will have to search hard to get something thats looks like a decent rifle. no two dealer will have the same inventory. it also depends on what bore you are looking at.

most common cal: are .22lr, 315, 3006 there are many more but no point in having a rifle if ammo is hard to find.

prices can be anything from 1.2lac upwards.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Timnorris
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Timnorris » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:26 pm

Best NP bore Rifle with Indian dealers in terms of different brands, the price and general condition of the rifle I think would be a .22lr