IOF .22 LR rifle

Posts related to rifles.
jashwantsinh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: IOF .22 LR rifle

Post by jashwantsinh » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:59 am

Lawman,

When i called-up RFI kolkata a 15 days back to check status of my booking for .22LR Rifle, they said
the same thing to me, also about the current price as of that day, quoted around 46K ex. factory.

If you getting a brand new one, at the cost you have been offered, i think its still fair.

Jashwantsinh

For Advertising mail webmaster
ruffian
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ruffian » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi,

Even I called up RFI yesterday for status of delivery of my .22 IOF Rifle. Luckily they told me that I will get a letter from them by July end, mentioning whatever is required alongwith total cost of rifle etc.(didn't mention the cost, just that it will be written in the letter), and the rifle will be delivered in August (waiting for last 10 months). The price informed by them in the earlier communication/letter, confirming my booking, was Rs. 33000/- and further that I have to pay the actual prevailing prices at the time of delivery. Of course taxes will be extra.

Further, the confirmation letter came four months after I sent the booking amount. At the time of booking last year they told me that rifle will be delivered in six months but later production stopped for about three months and I guess I was just lucky yesterday to hear something positive from them and hope the production doesn't stop again.

However, Lawman, the waiting period told by them is the same but the price hike is too much and I dont think its reasonable. Once again their monopoly spoils the fun.
Regards

Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lawman » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:29 pm

Hi, can I install a rifle-scope on the RFI .22 rifle ? What type of mount can be used in it, 11mm dovetail or weaver ?

Lawman

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:52 pm

I have borrowed my cousin's IOF .22 for target practise. I have two queries

1. The rifle shoots two inches to the right (i.e. @ 3 o' clock). Can this be corrected by adjusting the sights since the sights are adjustable. If yes, how ?

2. How to remove bolt of IOF .22 (for cleaning).
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:24 am

Vineet wrote:I have borrowed my cousin's IOF .22 for target practise. I have two queries

1. The rifle shoots two inches to the right (i.e. @ 3 o' clock). Can this be corrected by adjusting the sights since the sights are adjustable. If yes, how ?

2. How to remove bolt of IOF .22 (for cleaning).
1. Move the rear sight in the direction you want the bullet to go, i.e. left in this case.
2. Open bolt and pull back, pull trigger all the way back, bolt will come out.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:14 am

Thanks a lot TwoRivers :cheers:
Vineet Armoury

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:08 pm

Regarding the IOF .22, the OFB websites says 'adjustable trigger pull'. http://ofb.gov.in/products/data/weapons/wsc/1.htm

Any idea on how can the trigger pull be made lighter.
Vineet Armoury

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:27 pm

This is the million dollar question many IOF .22 owners in the forum are repeatedly asking for quite some time . IFGians please help by uploading drawings or photos and other useful practical info, as one good IFGian did regarding the dis assembly of IOf bolt

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:06 pm

If the trigger mechanism is a exact copy of the Brno model, I believe it can be done. The Brno guns have a screw inside the mechanism whereby trigger pull can be adjusted. However, the action has to be removed from the stock to do so.

Best would be to ask an IOF owner to open up his rifle and check.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:46 pm

I have checked, didn't find any screw inside.
Vineet Armoury

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:00 pm

Had a chat with a gunsmith in my town and he said he knows how reduce the trigger pull. Will take my rifle to him in next few days and then post here.
Vineet Armoury

issbisht
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

IOF 0.22" Sporting Rifle - PURPOSE POWER PRICE

Post by issbisht » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:41 pm

Can anybody shed some light on below mentioned points with respect to IOF 0.22" Sporting Rifle.

1. Whether this rifle is for any sporting/hunting purpose only.
2. Is it suitable for self defence in close range.
3. For self defence, which gun has stopping power a IOF 0.22 Sporting rifle or IOF Long Barrel Revolver.(Stoping power means to stop the attacker)
4. whether it is available aam admi or to only sports person registered with some shooting clubs etc.,
5. whether one can get the licence for IOF 0.22" Sporting Rifle on the same ground as for IOF Revolver.
6. Lastly what will be current IOF Price as on 2012. in IOF site it is coming as Rs.30,000/-

seniors pls clarify...

Amit357
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: IOF 0.22" Sporting Rifle - PURPOSE POWER PRICE

Post by Amit357 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:53 pm

issbisht wrote:Can anybody shed some light on below mentioned points with respect to IOF 0.22" Sporting Rifle.

1. Whether this rifle is for any sporting/hunting purpose only.
2. Is it suitable for self defence in close range.
3. For self defence, which gun has stopping power a IOF 0.22 Sporting rifle or IOF Long Barrel Revolver.(Stoping power means to stop the attacker)
4. whether it is available aam admi or to only sports person registered with some shooting clubs etc.,
5. whether one can get the licence for IOF 0.22" Sporting Rifle on the same ground as for IOF Revolver.
6. Lastly what will be current IOF Price as on 2012. in IOF site it is coming as Rs.30,000/-

seniors pls clarify...
Hi,the 22 Caliber sporting rifle is a sporting rifle,what purpose you use it for is your own concern,Is it suitable for self defense,ya it is,you hit the bad guy in the head with a 40 Grn bullet he will be done,the comparison,between the 22 rifle and Long barrel revolver cannot be done as both are different weapons and have different uses,as far as self defense with 22 rifle is concerned,its very effective till 100 meters,ya any Mango People can buy the same ROTFL ,no you have to have a license for NPB Rifle to buy a 22 or any rifle,as for the price you would have to go to a A/A dealer to get the latest price.hope this helps.Amit

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi issbisht ,

1. Your rifle can be used for sporting and self defense only. Hunting is prohibited in India.
2. Pretty much capable (rifle). But there are others too like a shotgun which is a very necessary gun for self defense.
3. Both of them are equally good. But I prefer revolver. Its easy to conceal, carry and use in emergencies.
4. Neither. You need to have arms license to procure a gun.
5. To my knowledge, the procedure is pretty much the same. You have to justify the concerned officer for your requirement.
6. True its mentioned Rs 30000 but taxes are applicable to it, i'm not sure about the rate of tax (may be around 10%). When you're buying from a local dealer, he would put his margin too, and price depended from dealer to dealer. And do not hesitate to bargain and contact IFG members for suggestions.
I brought my IOF .22 LR rifle for Rs 45000 in May 2012. And at that time revolver was around Rs 55000.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

issbisht
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by issbisht » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:13 pm

StampMaster wrote:Hi issbisht ,

1. Your rifle can be used for sporting and self defense only. Hunting is prohibited in India.
2. Pretty much capable (rifle). But there are others too like a shotgun which is a very necessary gun for self defense.
3. Both of them are equally good. But I prefer revolver. Its easy to conceal, carry and use in emergencies.
4. Neither. You need to have arms license to procure a gun.
5. To my knowledge, the procedure is pretty much the same. You have to justify the concerned officer for your requirement.
6. True its mentioned Rs 30000 but taxes are applicable to it, i'm not sure about the rate of tax (may be around 10%). When you're buying from a local dealer, he would put his margin too, and price depended from dealer to dealer. And do not hesitate to bargain and contact IFG members for suggestions.
I brought my IOF .22 LR rifle for Rs 45000 in May 2012. And at that time revolver was around Rs 55000.

Thanks a lot Amit and Stampmaster

please advise what reason one person normally give to apply for 0.22 IOF Rifle...the most acceptable by authorities...