Posts related to rifles.
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Rifle Enfield Mle 1907

Post by eljefe » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:15 am

no 4 , but ofcourse.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

For Advertising mail webmaster
winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:51 am

eljefe wrote:no 4 , but ofcourse.
Mk1,Mk 2?.Maker,any history.Photos please.

darwinmauser
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by darwinmauser » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:13 pm

A very nicely restored No1 Mk3 ,there are a few wrong parts for a 1907 but it doesn't detract from the rifle overall . The cocking piece is a type that was only introduced in WW1 ,the fore end lacks the volley sight, the magazine cut off is missing , the fixture for the piling swivel is missing and the rear sight guard is not the milled type. It is a good example of a refurbished and updated to Mk3* early 303.
I love the leather , if someone in India can find who makes them I would be interested in importing a rifle scabbard / bucket such as the one pictured

cheers
Pete

lionheartguru
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by lionheartguru » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:59 am

i have seen a .32 enfield long back , it was the most rugged revolver i had ever seen .
its true old is gold

hats off to the pic uploader
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:23 am

Sweet!

Never saw the old 303 as a thing of beauty.

Thanks for sharing!
Same for me, as well. Compared to a trim M98 German sporter, I didn't appreciate the "Smelly" (What some Americans call the SMLE) either. However, when I started to think about what it was intended for to begin with -- a military battle rifle -- and how it was the oldest design that was the best bolt action battle rifle of both WW1 and WW2, the SMLE became like a moose in my mind: when considered from the perspective of function, it got very pretty to me. So pretty, I wanted one for my own!

Thanks for sharing these pics.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

darwinmauser
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by darwinmauser » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:07 am

timmy wrote:
Sweet!

Never saw the old 303 as a thing of beauty.

Thanks for sharing!
Same for me, as well. Compared to a trim M98 German sporter, I didn't appreciate the "Smelly" (What some Americans call the SMLE) either. However, when I started to think about what it was intended for to begin with -- a military battle rifle -- and how it was the oldest design that was the best bolt action battle rifle of both WW1 and WW2, the SMLE became like a moose in my mind: when considered from the perspective of function, it got very pretty to me. So pretty, I wanted one for my own!

Thanks for sharing these pics.

The SMLE is known as the smelly in most if not all of the commonwealth ,Australia ,New Zealand and England for sure.