Need sugesstions to buy a rifle

Posts related to rifles.
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Need sugesstions to buy a rifle

Post by Vineet » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:11 pm

I am willing to buy a rifle.My budget is of Rs. 2 lakhs.We live in a farm house in punjab and want to buy for self protection.Which rifle would suit the most and if someone wants to sell can also contact me.

For Advertising mail webmaster
jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Need sugesstions to buy a rifle

Post by jonahpach » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:42 pm

If your primary intended use is for selfdefense, I believe a 12 bore shotgun would be a better choice than a rifle. If you have a budget of 2 lakhs you might even be able to get a secondhand pump action which would be ideal. For farmhouse plinking, a .22 rifle would be fun to have!

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:47 pm

I would highly recommend a good quality pump action shotgun for self defense instead of a rifle??

diskaon
klick klack..... diskaon

siddu_2u
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by siddu_2u » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:48 pm

hi vineet ,
posting an introduction in the Introductions & Welcomes thread would be better .

Siddharth :)

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:59 pm

honestly not sure what extra self protection a rifle would afford you when you already have the handguns and shotguns. i'm sure you're aware it has neither the compactness of the former nor the ease of use of the latter.

can you be more specific? is this crop protection?
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:30 pm

hmmm the above list of guns which you already have includes a rifle if I am not mistaken?? What bore/calibre is the mauser repeater?? In the Indian context you seem to be much better armed than most of us! Please be a little more specific. What exactly are you looking for in your additional rifle??

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:36 pm

not for crop protection.I want to buy a rifle for greater range. The reason we have so many arms is because we have enmity in our village.It should be a powerful rifle with huge range.

-- Fri Apr 10, 2009 22:42 --

mauser repeater is .30 caliber pistol having 6 inch barrel and a magzine of 10 catridges.Its not a rifle it is a pistol made in Germany.I'll soon be putting its pics in the pics section.

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:58 pm

Oh Boy, He wants us to suggest a rifle to snipe at his enemies. :shock: I think we should avoid the formalities of proper introductions here. :roll:
Marksman

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:54 am

vineet
This board is meant for sportsman who consider shooting as a sport not for vigilantes who profess unfortunate use of guns to settle vendettas. There is enough of the that BS flying around and its such use of guns and misconceived remarks that provide the fodder to the anti gun lobby.

Either way spare this board the shenanigans and refrain from such posts and remarks..

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:58 pm

I wanted to ask for a good rifle available in Indian market in 2l price range from the people who had knowledge on it but the discussion lead to somewhere else and much of it was my fault.

Mr.Grewal arms are not meant only for sports they are also meant for self protection.The armed forces of US,Russia,India etc . don't play any game.I never said that I will buy a rifle and kill someone,I said because we have enmity in our village we need more arms for self protection and that is why I need to purchase a rifle.What is wrong in it.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:45 am

Vineet

Drop salutations mr Sir etc point is simple you have been making ambiguous statements and consider my post as an advise to be careful with your material. Dont forget this is an open forum and our posts are scrutinized by antis and others. I understand even the Mods has suggested the same any double speak or innuendos like yours which elude to use of guns for nefarious purposes other than sports is not allowed on this forum.

There is no point discussing this matter further or pushing the envelope or . :deadhorse:

yogeshpoonia9
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by yogeshpoonia9 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:58 am

So any suggestion for a good rifle!

Sent from my CPH1723 using Tapatalk