Out Of India - Wish it was still in India....

Posts related to rifles.
herb
Shooting true
Shooting true

Out Of India - Wish it was still in India....

Post by herb » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:16 am

An interesting article about a Holland & Holland .375 2.5 inch flanged that once belonged to Col. HH Maharajah Nripendra Narayan of Cooch Behar who was also a big game hunter. It currently is in Brisbane, Australia. The good part is it is being well taken care of instead of gathering rust in some local police station in West Bengal.

I think he is either the father or the uncle of Maharani Gayatri Devi of Jaipur.

Herb

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Out Of India - Wish it was still in India....

Post by mundaire » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:15 am

Beautiful! There's something magical about a double rifle, and this one comes from one of the best London makers... Thanks for sharing Herb :) BTW would it be possible for you to e-mail me slightly larger size pictures of the scans? I can barely make out what is written in the article...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

herb
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Out Of India - Wish it was still in India....

Post by herb » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:39 pm

Glad you liked it Abhijeet, I don't have a scanner @ home but will try to find one.

The Maharajah of Cooch Behar was also a writer and he wrote a book about his hunting days. I have his book in my collection and I don't particularly like his style of writing, he is no Corbett or Ruark for sure but he has managed to record a part of Indian hunting history in this book that is gone for ever.

Herb