New license in Punjab

Posts related to rifles.
manindersinghajimal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

New license in Punjab

Post by manindersinghajimal » Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:58 pm

Hello all,

I have been into airguns for a long time and couple of months ago had the opportunity to participate in district shooting competitions. I really liked the .22 prone.

I am planning to sell some of my airguns and buy an iof .22. But for that I need a license.

Does anyone know if it’s easier to get a license if I have a letter from the shooting association that I am member of? Or is it easy to get a license and worth it?

One last question is, I have a farm of few acres, can I shoot .22lr on it? I wonder if the iof made .22lr can accommodate a moderator.

Thank you.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Deepraj patil1616
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: New license in Punjab

Post by Deepraj patil1616 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:58 pm

If you are member then you have to participate in any competition which helds every year and score good. Then you will get certificate as aspiring shooter and then you will be able to get arms license, as a member you can apply but it will be a bit difficult.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: New license in Punjab

Post by Vineet » Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:04 am

manindersinghajimal wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:58 pm
Does anyone know if it’s easier to get a license if I have a letter from the shooting association that I am member of? Or is it easy to get a license and worth it?
Merely being a member of shooting association doesn’t help. To get arms license you will need approach of MLA of ruling party or a minister.
manindersinghajimal wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:58 pm
One last question is, I have a farm of few acres, can I shoot .22lr on it? I wonder if the iof made .22lr can accommodate a moderator.
I think by ‘moderator’ you mean ‘silencer’. It’s not allowed to civilians.

The .22 lr doesn’t have a very loud sound. On private farm house without silencer it will be ok. Just remember to have a proper backstop because a .22 lr round can go very far out of a rifle barrel.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.