Different calibers with one firearm licence

Posts related to rifles.
Able
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Different calibers with one firearm licence

Post by Able » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:11 pm

Greetings knowledgeable fellow members.

It is well known that one can possess two firearms with one firearm license in India, which gets me curious is it possible to own two different calibers of firearms, say rifles chambered in 30-06 and .22 with rifle license?

I'm sure if it's possible, there's no one qualified to have them in possession other than our fellow members. Or at least know the definite answer and can shine some light.

Forgive me if it had been discussed but I can't seem to find the thread, nor google doesn't help much in this particular topic.

Thank you.

For Advertising mail webmaster
partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Different calibers with one firearm licence

Post by partheus » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:55 pm

Yes. It's pretty common amongst sports rifle and pistol shooters. For example, you can get a Blaser R8 in 30-06 and get a caliber conversion kit for 22lr or 6BR which will include a barrel, bolt assembly and a magazine (if the rifle came with one) for each. Similarly, the sports pistol Pardini SP22 (22lr) and SP32 (32 acp) have interchangeable slide assemblies. Your weapon + the conversion kit(s) will count as one on the license. The same applies to licenses in general as well.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:43 pm

If you are asking if can you have two different rifles on the same license, then the answer is yes.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Able
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Able » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:43 pm

Thank you, Partheus and dev, for clearing my doubts.