Stock & scope for .22LR Brno Model 1

Posts related to rifles.
andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:54 pm

Hi penpusher the codes suggested are a bit confusing i mean how do you feed them in the ITCHS code and item de.scription code -which is which etc.!andy

For Advertising mail webmaster
bobbysidhu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Stock for .22LR Brno Model 1

Post by bobbysidhu » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:17 pm

hi andy, as per import restrictions: firearm and parts thereof are not freely importable!sorry to say that.
but as penpusher mentioned if you are lucky enough then only you can get it across,its all risky i dont suggest that one of my known one is in bit trouble as he bought one on ebay and he has been going to delhi every month for the last four months and he has applied for its return alongwith some penality.
get one made here in walnut it can be done easily.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:46 pm

Andy,

You can enter either the ITCHS code or the item de.scription.You don't need to enter both.For eg. type 9301 in the ITCHS code box and hit the submit button.That's it.

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:24 pm

Thanks Bobby and penpusher did see the restricted list where shotgun brls are free to import under ceratin ? conditions and telescopic sights are restricted, no mention of trigger parts or rifle stocks.the mockery is however that a number of chaps hve carried through telescopic sights so i see no problem in that but what about trigger parts and a stock i intend to get in. or else it is tukka-chal gaya to chal gaya!

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:04 pm

Agar nahi chala to???

bobbysidhu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bobbysidhu » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:48 pm

when we say"if"
there is a saying"if wishes were horses,beggars would ride"!!!
go ahead with it if you think you can face the trial,
if you still want to pursue this then ask someone to get one item at a time.telescope first!
make sure you buy at least $500+ scope so that its worth the risk!
good luck
bobby

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:40 pm

bobbysidhu";p="34099 wrote:when we say"if"
there is a saying"if wishes were horses,beggars would ride"!!!
go ahead with it if you think you can face the trial,
if you still want to pursue this then ask someone to get one item at a time.telescope first!
good luck
bobby
AFAIK carrying a telescope back as baggage is NOT illegal - so long as it is NOT presented with a gun, whether mounted or unmounted...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:27 pm

And the logic behind this line of reasoning is?

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:46 pm

I am planning to get a good quality scope for my brno mod 1 .what are the ones availaible in usa. Budget is not beyong $ 200.also what size mounts and what type should i acquire for this rifle-min requirement i think would be medium mounts to look over the foresight post which at present if faintly visible in my swift gopher 4x15 scope mounted almost directly(w/o mounts).what size are the rails on this rifle because all this is required for a scope selection( i mean the dovetail size). have seen mixed reviews of the lepold scopes including some people returning them for cheaper scope-they say the adjustment rings are a pain ettc.i am sure there must be a size limit of the scope on this rifle.Does an AO scope really make a difference.i dont think the effctive range for a brno mod 1 will go beyond 75-80 yards with any worthwhile ammo.i know Mack The Knife has a scope with med? sized ring mounts in his brno mod 1.A VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS 2008, i wish that the hunting and firearm import ban gets lifted from t2008!thanks and CHEERS andy

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:39 pm

Andy,

Your Brno Model 1 should have 5/8" dovetail mounts. However, it's in your interest to cross check.

Order Burris medium height two piece dovetail mounts if....
1) The objective lens of your proposed scope is not more than 32 mm.
2) You still wish to retain the rear sight.
Do not buy cheapie mounts as they may cause grief. The Burris mounts used to retail for $50.00 or $60.00. However, I don't quite recall the amount correctly.

There are plenty of good scopes but two that I have used and would recommend are:
1) The Bushnell Elite 3200 2-7x32. ($ 174.00)
2) Weaver Rimfire 2.5-7x28. ($ 129.00)

You could also consider the 2-7x32 Bushnell Legend ($ 125.00)

There is nothing wrong in going for a fixed mag scope such as a 4x32 or more powerful variable mag scopes in the 3-9x or 4-12x region either. The choice depends on your preference and/or budget. However, if you decide to buy a scope with a objective lens larger than 32mm, you will most probably have to buy high mounts, unless the scope tube is long enough to go past the rear sight.

My personal choice would be the Weaver Rimfire 2.5-7x28. This scope and the Burris mounts are what I ordered for my friend's Brno Mod. 1 and it's an excellent combination - even better than my Elite 3200 2-7x32.

You can order the mounts and scope from http://theopticzone.com/default.aspx
Feel free to take my reference, though I am not sure if Jon would remember me. Better still, send him a link to this thread and tell him to read my post, so that he understands exactly what you need.

Mack The Knife

P.S.: At 2x or 2.5x the foresight will appear in the sight picture but it will be very low down and very hazy and not detract from the sight picture at the centre. A high mount will NOT make this go away, so don't bother with high mounts as you would then need to raise the cheek piece so as to centre your eye with the centre of the exit pupil.

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:24 am

Dear Mack The Knife thanks .what about the leupolds i guess they are costlier some people swear by them.also iwhat about a parralax removal function generally scopes start with 50 yards paralax capability and go further ahead.also whats great about a EFR scope.what are the max length scope permisible for a brno mod 1.andy

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:37 am

Went to the optics z site the burris mount list in confusing -std 1 piece,std 2 piece,duble dovetail bases,std rings,double dovetail rings.....it goes on and on. which ones ar you referring to Mack The Knife.can i have the burris ID Number refernce please.the RFC chap iam in touch with has mounted 16 m CZ BRno/CZ Base permannent rings 1 inch med types from brownells $ 48 a set.does it mean that the dovetail size is 16 mm.andy

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:05 am

Andy,

I have a very poor opinion of the lower end Leupolds - the Rifleman and VX-I series to be precise. I have never owned one but for some reason I have never been happy using those mounted on the guns of my friends. Also, the VX-I has a magnification power ring from hell - it's extremely tight.

I think I know what you will primarily be using this scope and rifle combination for. This is why I did not recommend a very high mag scope and faffing around with the PA (parallax adjustment) may prove to be an irritant. If you place your head correctly and consistently each time, you will not have parallax issues. Sure the image wont be crystal clear at 10 yards but the sight picture wont be so blurred that it is unuseable either. I am currently using a centrefire scope on my HW97K air-rifle and shooting at 10 metres is not a problem - just turn the magnification right down to the lowest power.

Invariably, rimfire scope will have their parallax set at 50 yards/metres and centrefire scopes at 100 yards/metres. The parallax can be changed by removing the locking ring on the objective bell and rotating the objective lens (there will be two slots at the edge of the lens holder) but if you slip you could scratch or break the glass. So don't try this unless you are really desperate.

I don't quite recall which mount had been ordered but give Jon the details and he will sort you out. I will also call my friend later in the day to see if he still has the box in which the mounts came and if he does, I will post the model details here.

Yes, 16mm is more or less 5/8".

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:04 pm

thanks for the advice Mack The Knife.await your mount specifications .who is this JON gentlemanyou mentioned-any RFC member.even i feel a weaver should be better value for money than a leupy and dont want to land up with a PITA scope here-cant send the dam thing for repair/repalcement like they in the USA.are there serious advantages of a AO or a variable mag scope vis a vis a fixed mag like the one ive got. andy

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Stock & scope for .22LR Brno Model 1

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:06 am

Andy,

Jon Jackoviak is the owner of The Optic Zone. Not only is he a member at Rimfire Central but a sponsor as well. His operation isn't large and his prices aren't the lowest (they aren't the highest either) but I have always found him to be a very helpful person and his advice is sound. The Optic Zone is one of the few U.S. optic retailers that will accept a credit card from India. SWFA will not. Yes, I saw you post on the SWFA forum and it's best you do not mention Jon or his company there.

I have never looked through a Swift scope but I used to hear very good things about their quality of glass and customer service. Manufacturers such as Bushnell and Weaver seem to be getting iffy reviews lately when it comes to the latter and I have had some indirect experience of this as well. As for your specific Swift scope - the Gopher 4x15, I think you should upgrade to something with a larger scope tube and objective lens. Mind you, I am flying blind as I haven't seen your scope and for all I know, it's good enough for the job.

No, I really don't think you would need the PA feature. If you need to discuss this further, PM me your phone number and I will call you. As far as magnification goes, I prefer my scopes to have variable magnification as I use my rimfire rifle for a multitude of target disciplines and plinking.

BTW, I am curious as to how you have fixed your current scope to your rifle without using mounts. A pic would help.

Mack The Knife

P.S.: I did call my friend to check if he still had the box in which the mounts came and he said he would check and get back to me. Hopefully, I should have the details later in the day.