Bolt Handle of IOF .30-06 Sporting Rifle

Posts related to rifles.
sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Bolt Handle of IOF .30-06 Sporting Rifle

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Mon May 28, 2018 7:10 pm

Hi guys,

I hope everyone is doing great in their lives.

Recently I applied for Arms License for Permitted Rifle. I bought IOF .30-06 Sporting Rifle and submitted my License for the registration of the Rifle. The Rifle is great. It is almost a copy of Sauer 202 (I researched about Sauer 202 on internet), which is itself a great bolt action rifle. I have not fired the weapon but it seems a capable platform. I got a look at the .30-06 Springfield Cartridges at the Arms dealer, he had PPU Rounds, he said they are best one can get in India.

My concern at this very moment is that, the factory fitted Bolt Handle of the rifle has rectangular shape and is not ergonomic. While handling the bolt for few times my hands started to hurt. I believe in a desperate situation involving self or home defence, this kind of bolt handle can hamper my ability to use the rifle in an effective way.

I watched some gunsmithing videos, particularly by Larry Potterfield. He has done awesome things with his gun and bolts. Are that kind of stuff available in India, particularly in North India?

Please post your views about the Bolt Handles of your rifles. And please give me some contacts where I can get help for my concern.

Regards

Vikramaditya Singh

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Bolt Handle of IOF .30-06 Sporting Rifle

Post by Vikram » Mon May 28, 2018 8:05 pm

Congrats on your new rifle. There are quite a few competent gunsmiths around these days. Bobby Sidhu in Punjab, Zubin in Pune, Marc in Hyderabad and CottageCheese (a moderator here) in the North-East are the best in the country. Remember these gents are not cheap. You can search the forum for modified IOF rifles. They look incredibly well done.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Tue May 29, 2018 5:47 pm

Vikram wrote:Congrats on your new rifle. There are quite a few competent gunsmiths around these days. Bobby Sidhu in Punjab, Zubin in Pune, Marc in Hyderabad and CottageCheese (a moderator here) in the North-East are the best in the country. Remember these gents are not cheap. You can search the forum for modified IOF rifles. They look incredibly well done.
Thanks Vikram, I contacted Mr. Bobby Sidhu. He explained me about the procedure and the prices. He has all the equipment to convert IOF .30-06 Rifle into Sauer 202. I will surely use his services.

Thanks again for your advice.

Regards

Vikramaditya Singh.

brajesh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by brajesh » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:46 pm

Have you got your rifle modified if yes please post pictures