Is it possible to shoot in mouth and forehead by .315 bore pistol?

Posts related to rifles.
Tabish95
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Is it possible to shoot in mouth and forehead by .315 bore pistol?

Post by Tabish95 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:51 pm

I have a problem in a case where the autopsy report says that the deceased was shot in mouth and forehead by a .315 bore pistol.
But I talked to some of my seniors who told that it is practically impossible as the whole head will be smashed only in one shot in mouth then how can one shoot in forehead. Is there any data which can help me in this case?
What will be the consequence of shooting in mouth or forehead by .315 bore pistol?

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Is it possible to shoot in mouth and forehead by .315 bore pistol?

Post by Vikram » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:14 pm

Are you sure it is a pistol? There is a .315 rifle made by IOF. How does one establish the calibre of a firearm from a wound?
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Sam Kunal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Sam Kunal » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:49 pm

I think it is possible regarding distance of the shot.You should consult a ballistic expert for more info.But a round like .315 has high velocity which can easily tear up the forehead in one shot only.

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:59 pm

Vikram wrote:Are you sure it is a pistol? There is a .315 rifle made by IOF. How does one establish the calibre of a firearm from a wound?
Good question. Probably the murder weapon was a country made pistol (desi katta).
Tabish95 wrote:I have a problem in a case where the autopsy report says that the deceased was shot in mouth and forehead by a .315 bore pistol.
But I talked to some of my seniors who told that it is practically impossible as the whole head will be smashed only in one shot in mouth then how can one shoot in forehead. Is there any data which can help me in this case?
What will be the consequence of shooting in mouth or forehead by .315 bore pistol?
Was the weapon a country made pistol (desi katta)? AFAIK those are the only things I have ever heard of firing the IOF .315 aside from its rifle.. If that is the case, it may be possible if the shot was made from point blank distance (as is the case in most murders using such weapons). Probably the culprit made the first shot and hit low, then made another one to confirm....

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:28 pm

nitroex700 wrote: Probably the murder weapon was a country made pistol (desi katta).
I think you got it right. (y)
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:31 am

It can Be a .315 desi gun. its a smooth bore and low velocity. the murderer fired two shot but as the slug never achieve its full potential so damage may to that extent to rapture the face.
Regards

Shivaji

Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:29 am

Tabish95 wrote:I have a problem in a case where the autopsy report says that the deceased was shot in mouth and forehead by a .315 bore pistol.
To extract answer to this question ,first you should specify is it a case of sucide or murder?
Are you asking if a person can shoot himself twice?
Or else if an accused can shoot the deceased twice?
Is the entry wound below the jaw or in the mouth?
Is there a single entry and double exit wounds
Or a double entry and double exit wounds?
After you are specific about above, we can hope for a more accurate opinion from someone. Do reply the above.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a WELL-ARMED lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Tabish95
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Tabish95 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:11 pm

Yes, It's a country made pistol. It's a case of murder and not of suicide.
The pistol was recovered from my client by the police, on seeing the police he threw an object in the river, which the police found after seaching in the river and it came out to be that .315 bore country made pistol. Let me.mention that police had.not seen the pistol in my client's hand. They only saw him throwing an object wrapped in a cloth into the river.
The ballistic department has confirmed that the bullet shells recovered from crime scene match with the pistol.
Is.it possible to defend my client from sec 25 of Arms Act? Can I take the plea that the pistol wasnt in his possession?
And can he be convicted for the murder only on the basis of recovery of pistol? It should be noted that there is not a single proof of him knowing the deceased or being at the crime spot.

Tabish95
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Tabish95 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:15 pm

Also, .32 bore pistol was recovered from the possession of my client's friend(accused no.2).
So how can I defend both of them from Arms Act? They have been charged under s. 25/54/59 of arms act.

Accused no.1 - .315 bore country made pistol (he threw it on seeing the police)
Accused no.2 - .32 bore pistol (it was in his possession when police arrested him)

Please.help. its urjent.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:37 am

You are be best advised to consult a legal forum for advise with regard to what legal defence strategy to adopt.

As to ballistics and proving that the wound was not created with the recovered firearm, you can:-

1) request for videotaped tests to be performed with said firearm on a goat/ pig carcass, to closely mimic the crime. If the wounds created substantially differ from those in the actual crime, then chances are that it was not that firearm which was used.

2) hire your own ballistic/ forensic expert to counter the government forensic report. The matching of empty shells to a firearm depends on unique marks created on the shell by each individual firearm, for e.g. firing pin mark, ejector mark, etc. this is as much a science as an art and complete 100% accuracy is not always possible.

3) per my limited knowledge, empty shells recovered from the crime scene would be circumstantial evidence.

4) since these type of country made kattas (pipe guns) have no rifling in their barrel, even if the slug(s) were to be recovered it(they) would have no tell tale "signature" rifling marks for a forensic expert to be able to match them to a particular firearm.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:02 pm

Anyone who knows a little about ballistics would know that due to very short barrel of a katta and smooth bore of it, the velocity of the 315 ctrz fired from katta is about 1/4 th of that fired from rifle. Hence you can fire it point blank with no dramatic effect.
It hardly has effective range of 20 meters.
May these goons are sentenced to the max and they rot in jail .
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll