Need help regarding a good .22lr rifle.

Posts related to rifles.
SrirupDutta
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Need help regarding a good .22lr rifle.

Post by SrirupDutta » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:02 pm

Hello everyone i want to add another .22lr rifle to my arsenal other than my .32 Cal Pistol which is in my licence.
I got a NP Bore rifle addition done to my licence.
I am sticking to .22lr as it is cheap easy to shoot and fun can be used much more than bigger bores.
Kindly suggest me which .22lr rifle would be a good buy and an accurate one which would last for years and is very durable. I would love to know about price trends of this prevailing rifles aswell.

For Advertising mail webmaster
andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Need help regarding a good .22lr rifle.

Post by andy_65_in » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:25 pm

The IOF .22 rifle should suffice..its the only one availible as a new rifle.others are all imported .22s of varying vintage

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:28 pm

I second the suggestion of the IOF rifle. You can have it accurised, and recrowned if necessary. There are competent gunsmiths who can do this on this very forum. Cottage Cheese is located in the North-East; one of the best in the country.

I just do not see the point in pouring a lot of money over an old namesake imported rifle. Good importer rifles cost even more.

Check the IOF .22LR thread by BigMack.
Also, .22 rifles tend to be finicky about the ammunition they like. Try various brands and varieties and stay with the ones your rifle like the best.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:54 pm

If you make up your mind then please inquire about price first.A fellow member has paid more then 10k extra for iof .22 rifle.current price is 50k to 55k depending on stock in market.these price rise and fall daily but not more then 55k.if you are lucky you can get at 50k.in my state haryana these are current prices.
Regards

B25
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by B25 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:26 pm

While on the subject I heard that IOF 22 Rifle has a much faster twist rate & hence accurate only with heavier bullets. Has some one checked the twist rate on latest IOF Rifle?