Posts related to rifles.
russianshooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Russian made AR-15 Kurbatov arms

Post by russianshooter » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:13 am

In Russia make AR-15 too
I think today have 5 manufacturer in Russia who make 100% build Russian AR-15
some parts (stocks grip) may be import (CAA FAB other)
New manufacturer Kurbatov Arms looks like foto cost 2000 USD
Image Image Image Image

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Russian made AR-15 Kurbatov arms

Post by Vikram » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:59 am

Very interesting. Have you tried them? Can civilians own them in Russia? The price does not look bad.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

russianshooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by russianshooter » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:08 am

Civilian own them. yes I tried 3 russian AR 15 quality good

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:17 pm

The price is crazy.
Basic AR-15's are going for about $500 USD right now.
For example, you can buy a Ruger AR556 for about $459 right now.
The last AR-15 I built cost me $299 less the lower receiver.
Sure there are high end AR-15's that cost a lot more but any AR-15 made to milspec tolerances is a decent AR.

examples:
16" mid length kit (less lower receiver)
midlength lightweight kit (less lower receiver)
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

russianshooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by russianshooter » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:00 pm

Sir in US original russian AK (Not chinese romanian serbian and other junk) cost 1000-2000 USD, Vepr 1500-3000 USD, Original full-auto AK 15000-25000 USD
In Russia original AK cost 180-250 USD (New!)
Understand me?

Added in 3 minutes 25 seconds:
This Russian AR-15 rifle I think making 100-200 in month
If make 10000-30000 in month i think price of this AR-15 rifle 500-600 USD

Added in 16 minutes 11 seconds:
and "examples" old price 800 USD barrel no chrome
In Russia all of cartridge steel and corrosive resources of this barrel this cartridges 1500-2000 shots (Barnaul, Tula, Amur, LVE)
I think "examples" peace of junk

Added in 26 minutes 8 seconds:
Custom civil russian made AR-15 (GM-15) (SKAT company) are made only under the order (wait 4-5 mouth)
Image Image
Image Image

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:05 am

I'll probably never own an AK47 or an AK74. I just have no desire to own one.
I'll probably never own a full auto rifle. It is fun to shoot them occasionally but if I owned one, I couldn't afford to feed it.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with your Russian AR's.
I'm just saying that with the volume of guns sold in the USA and the current mass production techniques, the price of an AR-15 has dropped significantly.

As far as the examples that I provided being junk, my requirement for a firearm is that it go bang every time I pull the trigger and that it hit what I'm aiming at. If an inexpensive firearm can do that, why would I spend three times the cost of that firearm to get the same level of performance. Today's mass produced AR-15's are reliable and their accuracy easily exceeds that of most of the shooters wielding them.
Granted, specialized rifles exist that require a large investment but for the average shooter, there is nothing wrong with the vast majority of $500 AR-15's on the market today.

Chrome lining in commercial AR-15 is gradually becoming a thing of the past.
Everyone is going to Nitrided barrels now.
It provides corrosion and erosion protection of the bore that equals or exceeds Chrome lining without the disadvantages.
It is a metal treatment rather than a surface application and some sources say that it exceeds the durability of Chrome by a significant margin.

You're correct, we don't shoot corrosive ammo here but quite a few people shoot steel cased/steel cored Russian ammo as it is the cheapest ammo out there. It is also non-corrosive. I can't say anything about the other brands you mentioned but the Tula ammo we buy here is non-corrosive. If they still sold corrosive ammo here, no one would buy it.

In the US, competitive shooters shoot thousands of rounds a year and nitriding barrels has become quite popular.
Also keep in mind that with the large amounts of ammo shot by competitive shooters, barrels have become consumables.
The cost of a new barrel is a pittance compared to the cost of the ammunition shot through it. The cost of the ammunition shot through my personal AR-15's easily exceeds that initial cost of the rifles themselves. By the time my barrels are shot out, I will have fired ammunition through them that cost orders of magnitude more than the cost of the initial rifle. A $3000 rifle won't give me that much more barrel life to be worth the initial investment.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

russianshooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by russianshooter » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:53 pm

Sir in Russia I shoot from AK-74 (saiga or other) 15000-25000 round per year
1 round = 5-7 cents and I dont care corrosive this or not
My AK rifle cost maximum 400 usd if this rifle breaks down i dont repair this,I buy new and shoot again
"carbonitrium barrel technology" its good for brass ammo not steel ammo.Steel ammo resources of this barrel maximum 3500 shoot
Many people in Russia who buy and import AR rifle change import barrel to russian made AR-15 barrel (service cost change 500-900 usd)

In Russia AR-15 using for sport basically, IDPA and other

Then if your need "low price" AR-15 in Russia your may buy Chinese made Norinco CQB price 1200-1400 USD (Not "kit" all AR-15 rifle (chromium plate barrel) + 3 magazine 30 round - including this price)
In Russia slang - "chinarka" - "china - AR - ka"

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:36 am

"Chinarka"! I like that.
We can't buy Chinese arms here.
Bill Clinton banned them when he was President.

Just for kicks here are a couple of videos on the "junk" Palmetto AR-15's

Here is a test on PSA's AK variant also for under $500

The point is that they just work.
AKOU is a well respected channel but there are many other channels that have done similar tests.

russianshooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by russianshooter » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:16 pm

US made AK meltdown - "good quality" what

Russian made AK meltdown - its really good quality!

JUNKAR - meltdown Really junk!

And Ar-15 meltdown - not 500 usd AR! more good quality! but its - junk

Added in 16 minutes 46 seconds:
and humor Woodpeacker AR 22 lr

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:44 pm

russianshooter wrote:Sir in Russia I shoot from AK-74 (saiga or other) 15000-25000 round per year
You are a lucky man. Here in Georgia, your neighbour, rifles cost NOT a lot more but the ammunition costs are prohibitive. At least to my tastes. Glad that you are able to enjoy your sport.

russianshooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by russianshooter » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:09 pm

Vikram wrote:
russianshooter wrote:Sir in Russia I shoot from AK-74 (saiga or other) 15000-25000 round per year
You are a lucky man. Here in Georgia, your neighbour, rifles cost NOT a lot more but the ammunition costs are prohibitive. At least to my tastes. Glad that you are able to enjoy your sport.
Sir in Georgia good gun law I tnink small better then Russia

Added in 19 minutes 49 seconds:
Ammo yes more high price in Georgia

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:28 pm

russianshooter wrote:
Vikram wrote:
Sir in Georgia good gun law I tnink small better then Russia

Added in 19 minutes 49 seconds:
Ammo yes more high price in Georgia
Gun laws are fine but costs of shooting rifles and pistols is expensive. As a foreigner, I need a letter from my government to get a license.

russianshooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by russianshooter » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:12 pm

Vikram wrote:
russianshooter wrote:
Vikram wrote:
Gun laws are fine but costs of shooting rifles and pistols is expensive. As a foreigner, I need a letter from my government to get a license.
Sir in Russia if your are no citizen = no weapon
Gun only! for Russian citizen
Foreigner not get a license!
For citizenship need russian language and 3 or 5 years leave in Russia
But if your russian citizenship for naturalisation in Moscow may give license no problem,some other territory shotgun - ok ,but if your go to police station and ask him i need 5 license to buy rifle (AK AR SVD and other "assault weapons") I think police officer dont give your no one (its discrimination I now but its be many region of Russia)
"traumatic pistol" license - Wasp Makarich other staff no problem
"Cold weapon" license - dagger dirk sword no problem need a "Hunting license" and buy how many your need
Weapon only special tools - dagger sword
Other knife may buy with no license and carry what your want
For Russian law Legal knife (not weapon)- butterfly knife with blade to 9 cm,automatic knife (swithblade) with blade to 9 cm and many many other

Added in 15 minutes 39 seconds:
If blade of knife (batterfly and swithblade) more 9 cm and your carry in pocket this knife its not big problem have administrative penalty to 30 usd for this and may go

Added in 14 minutes 57 seconds:
In India I think have discrimination to foreigner
If I go to India and I want to get citizenship think need 5-15 year and lot of money to this
Its more stronger then Austria Germany and Liechtenstein

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:40 pm

russianshooter wrote:US made AK meltdown - "good quality" what

Russian made AK meltdown - its really good quality!

JUNKAR - meltdown Really junk!

And Ar-15 meltdown - not 500 usd AR! more good quality! but its - junk?

Added in 16 minutes 46 seconds:
and humor Woodpeacker AR 22 lr
The first video is of a WASR10 (imported by Century Arms). It is NOT made in the USA. It is made in Romania.

The second video. The barrel droops. "I cant kit the broadside of a barn from inside the barn but 'is good rifle' " ;)

The third video : The aluminum gas tube pops, as designed, protecting the barrel and by extension, the shooter. Junk?

The thing is that these are not heavy machine guns. They are not even light machine guns.
Both the M-16 and the AK47 are assault rifles and are not designed for sustained full auto fire.
The laws of physics are a constant. Neither the Russians nor the Americans can circumvent them.
If you heat a light barrel to that extent, something is going to give.

There is a reason that most countries still run LMG's and heavy machine guns instead of using their Assault Rrifles in that role.
Even dedicated machine guns have to have their barrels changed out constantly with sustained MG fire.

russianshooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by russianshooter » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:47 pm

Woodpeacker AR some cool) - for woodpeackers