ML Rifles, Quality and Possible?

Posts related to rifles.
Flapapancakes
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

ML Rifles, Quality and Possible?

Post by Flapapancakes » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:41 am

Hello everyone,

My question here is two-fold. First, I import from MKS (I am an American), so I have a little experience with Indian-made ML firearms. My questions tonight are regarding rifles.

1: Can Indian manufacturers legally make rifled barrels, for ML firearms? For example, could any manufacturer re-create an 1861 Springfield rifle?

2: What are the highest quality manufacturers of ML that have a historical nature? I am aware of MKS, but I know there are at least three other manufacturers out there. I am looking specifically for live-fire, I do not want display or wall guns.

I have no major problems with MKS, but they are very average quality (not good, not bad). I'm hoping the community can help me, and in return I plan to help the community. It has been mentioned many times that CVA rifles would be highly prized imports. I am capable of doing importing/exporting work, if there are a few of you who know the laws of India willing to sit down and speak with me. I supply the USA with lots of ML firearms, and I would happily do the same in India.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: ML Rifles, Quality and Possible?

Post by mundaire » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:02 pm

1. Manufacture of rifled firearms is currently a government monopoly. The manufacturing licenses that these firms posses would be for muzzle loading and/ or breech loading guns, the term "gun" here would mean shotgun, therefore they cannot legally manufacture a rifled barrel muzzle loader.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein