FN Browning Trombone .22 LR

Posts related to rifles.
Kharasingh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

FN Browning Trombone .22 LR

Post by Kharasingh » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:19 pm

Hello all,
I just wanted some information and i couldnt really find a better place than this forum for this query. Someone is selling his pump action FN trombone .22 browning patent LR rifle manufactured in belgium by d'herstal. I wanted to know what the price of such a weapon would be as he has not quoted anything to me as yet. I dont want to be taken for a ride. All of your valuable knowledge would be a great help.
Thank you

For Advertising mail webmaster
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: FN Browning Trombone .22 LR

Post by xl_target » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:28 am

The Browning Trombone is a beautiful little rifle.
Without looking at the rifle in question and feeling the action cycle, no one is going to be able to tell you if you are in the process of being "taken for a ride". What is the condition? Is the wood furniture banged up? Is there rust on the metal parts? What is the condition of the bore/crown? Does it feed, fire and eject properly?
As far as price goes, the moon is the limit.There can't be very many available in India and being a Browning made in Belgium, it is going to command a premium price. Unfortunately, in the artificial market created by current gun control efforts, the seller can pretty much ask for anything. You will have to decide how badly you want it.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Kharasingh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Kharasingh » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:46 pm

xl_target wrote:The Browning Trombone is a beautiful little rifle.
Without looking at the rifle in question and feeling the action cycle, no one is going to be able to tell you if you are in the process of being "taken for a ride". What is the condition? Is the wood furniture banged up? Is there rust on the metal parts? What is the condition of the bore/crown? Does it feed, fire and eject properly?
As far as price goes, the moon is the limit.There can't be very many available in India and being a Browning made in Belgium, it is going to command a premium price. Unfortunately, in the artificial market created by current gun control efforts, the seller can pretty much ask for anything. You will have to decide how badly you want it.
Hey man
I forgot to thank you. Its been two years better late than never. Thank you for the information you provided. I got busy with life and the thing did not turn fruitful untill it did , turns out my uncle gave to me for free as part of my inheritence and then its taken two years to get the whole arms licence thing , since the level of red tape involved here. So i am the proud owner of that weapon now. Thought i would update you.
Thank you

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:12 am

Thanks for the update.
I'm glad that you finally have the object of your desires :)

When you get a chance, please post some photos and if possible; a review of the firearm.
How does it shoot?
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941