New air rifle suggestion.(help)

Posts related to rifles.
junead101
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

New air rifle suggestion.(help)

Post by junead101 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:35 pm

Hello,

I am noob in rifle selection. I like air rifles with long barrel and a scope for target shooting and long rage shooting. I am searching since last 3 days but didn't got any right rifle for me.
I saw precihole , IHP but don't know which one I should buy.
I should go with .177 or .22

So my requirement is a long barrel with scope and good looking for long range shooting.
Please help me. My budget is around 20k.

For Advertising mail webmaster
vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: New air rifle suggestion.(help)

Post by vsraja » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:49 pm

Go with SDB or Precihole ,both are good choices.Choosing between .22 and .177 is your choice and consider the new arms rules and restriction on .22 caliber.Buying .177 ensure you a safer side.Also there is another brand to consider is AARMR hurricane if you truly need a long range.
With regards,
vsraja

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:31 am

SDB Artemis too has decent long range shooting capability. No problem out to 55 yards.
"Aim small, miss small."

debasishroy
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by debasishroy » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:15 am

Definitely sdb Artemis..It is the beautiful beast specially the new version and affordable price...

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:40 pm

Names of front runners are already mentioned by you and fellow Ifgians.
You have to decide which one is most suitable for you.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:52 pm

if you intend to use imported pellets then your choice is limited to Precihole and Aarmar the rifling in both is immaculate and airguns feels refined.Aarmar uses German CNC machines and Precihole is a Indian Co that has deep skills making its own CNC machines and is regular exhibitor at International Manufacturing Technology Show.Both airguns are ground up designs and constantly evolving their products and eager to help out customers.rest of all Indian manufacturers are basically cottage industry and the less said about the local pellets the better.The trigger in Precihole and Aarmar is 11/2 stage if can say so.Auto safety exists only in Precihole models.
of all the models SDB is based on Diana 35 a lackluster model in Diana stable. SDB uses direct sear engagement which has a long pull and unpredictable break not to mention the heaviness of trigger i believe its potentially unsafe to go to town with SDB trigger in reducing the pull weight as done in their flagship Artemis.cocking is grouchy and the all machined edges are very sharp and can cut if not careful.Being from WB the concept of customer care is a foreign one and they make it amply clear not to bother them.
price wise Aarmar happens to be the cheapest of the lot and Artemis feel way overpriced.
just my 2c's.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:11 am

The new SDB rifles are factory tuned by which it is implied that grease is used instead of oil,apart from also being polished at all contact points. The pull weight of the direct locking trigger can be reduced , and it breaks cleanly and crisply. The cocking effort and trigger pull becomes very smooth after 1000-1500 shots. For the power and accuracy and for long range shooting abilities , it is an excellent value for money product. The older SDB models like 45,65 and 2000 are copies of Diana 35. The SDB 2000 uses the same ball bearing trigger that hurricane uses and that is a real pain to work on. Their triggers are plenty safe, simple things still work.
The only problem is supply of spares , they tend to overlook this sector. You may want to talk to the manufacturer before purchase. I repeatedly had asked them of availability of spares, and they said they will make it available but still better verify if they can send them to you.
And their factory is not a cottage industry.
"Aim small, miss small."

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:25 am

To my mind , neither Artemis is clone nor it is inspired by Diana35.
I understand that, in Artemis .177 , imported pellets are not as tight as it is with IHP .177 barrel.
My feedback is limited to JSB Exact 8.44 gns.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:29 pm

Precihole is better than IHP any given day.
No scope allowed for Target shooting.
Also, most break barrels dont comply well with scope, unless the barrel is perfectly aligned to the body.
When you buy, ask dealer if he can allow for testing. Ask the rifle to be fixed to a stand, and use 5 rounds of different pellet brands, on different targets. Buy pellets that have (a) good grouping, (b) neatly cut holes. Dont bother about score.. That can be adjusted later on with the rear sight settings.
If dealer does not allow, beg/borrow/steal 5-10 pellets from friends and try this 'benched' testing with someone who knows guns.
If possible, and if available, use a chrony to check velocities... Best pellet matching the rifle will show consistent velocities.
Despite all the above, new guns may need some time and shots, roughly 300-400 rounds to settle in. ONce this is done, recheck pellet brands matching the barrel.
Irrespective of make, almost all rifles have their own 'attitude' which can be different for different pellets.
HOpe this helped. All the best!
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

rushi_p85
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rushi_p85 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:35 pm

plz advice about SDB Model 95 (0.22Cal/5.5mm) 5200/- and
SDB 250 Model (0.22Cal/5.5mm) Rs 6800/-

http://www.kovibazaar.com/sdb-model-95-022cal55mm
http://www.kovibazaar.com/sdb-250-model-022cal55mm

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:50 pm

I have a model 85, and not too pleased with it, albeit bought second hand.
Strongly suggest you go in for a Nitro-Piston, which Precihole has....
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:02 am

[email protected] wrote:plz advice about SDB Model 95 (0.22Cal/5.5mm) 5200/- and

That depends on intended use, seeing that you are trying to buy a .22 I assume that you are not going to use it for target shooting and you don't know the arms act 2016. Better buy .177 and avoid trouble. With the above guns you cant hit anything smaller a hajmola lid at 20 m with open sights reliably. I suggest any precihole or SDB's newer guns apache, sport and Artemis. IHP is a tad more hard to cock and has a harder trigger. For the value of money , it is hard to beat the new SDB guns
"Aim small, miss small."

rushi_p85
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rushi_p85 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:13 pm

sam 47 wrote:
[email protected] wrote:plz advice about SDB Model 95 (0.22Cal/5.5mm) 5200/- and

That depends on intended use, seeing that you are trying to buy a .22 I assume that you are not going to use it for target shooting and you don't know the arms act 2016. Better buy .177 and avoid trouble. With the above guns you cant hit anything smaller a hajmola lid at 20 m with open sights reliably. I suggest any precihole or SDB's newer guns apache, sport and Artemis. IHP is a tad more hard to cock and has a harder trigger. For the value of money , it is hard to beat the new SDB guns
how about UTA airguns? any good model from UTA??? :idea:

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:49 pm

UTA is worse than the original guns you stated :deadhorse: . Uta guns are shoddy copies of Diana 35 ( as far as i know) and have hope less accuracy, reliability, and durability. You don't know how much pain a poorly constructed AR can cause, believe me, I have experienced first hand, and you will ultimately lose interest in air gunning. If you are on a budget yet need a solid gun, the new SDB guns are for you. I did not believe their quality until I tried first hand. And if you face problems afterwards, you can send the gun to their factory and they will repair it. Precihole rifles are also reputed for their quality and accuracy. If you specify the use of the air gun and it will be a little easier to help, like max range you will be shooting, size of target you intend to hit etc. You can attach scope in both SDB and precihole, and use imported pellets in both.
"Aim small, miss small."

rushi_p85
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rushi_p85 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:39 pm

sam 47 wrote:UTA is worse than the original guns you stated :deadhorse: . Uta guns are shoddy copies of Diana 35 ( as far as i know) and have hope less accuracy, reliability, and durability. You don't know how much pain a poorly constructed AR can cause, believe me, I have experienced first hand, and you will ultimately lose interest in air gunning. If you are on a budget yet need a solid gun, the new SDB guns are for you. I did not believe their quality until I tried first hand. And if you face problems afterwards, you can send the gun to their factory and they will repair it. Precihole rifles are also reputed for their quality and accuracy. If you specify the use of the air gun and it will be a little easier to help, like max range you will be shooting, size of target you intend to hit etc. You can attach scope in both SDB and precihole, and use imported pellets in both.
thanks sam 47 for ur reply....
frankly my budget is low.. i want an air rifle with decent accuracy at lower price (5-6k) ... so plz suggest....
also can u share SDB contact details?? can i buy directly from SDB??