Suggestions for first AR

Posts related to rifles.
yash3339
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Suggestions for first AR

Post by yash3339 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:12 pm

Hey,

I'm finally ready to buy my first AR. Budget is not really an issue, but I'm looking to keep it around the 10k INR mark max.

Reading through the forum I've come to learn that Precihole make some nice ARs. Other than that, there's the trusty old IHP National 35.

Which one would you guys suggest? Also, I don't plan to participate in shooting competitions, am open to both 0.177 and 0.22... so kindly give your inputs on what would be a good choice for hobby target shooting.

Cheers, TIA

For Advertising mail webmaster
GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Suggestions for first AR

Post by GNV » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:06 am

Go for AARMR Hurricane Model 15 T. It is very accurate with JSBs, H&N FTTs and a bit less with GSmith High Impacts. But a good value for money at INR 8000/-.. I am finding the Hurricane more accurate than PH with JSBs and H&N FTTs than PH NX-100 upto 20 mt from bench rest. But for me off hand shooting with PH NX-100 is more comfortable. Up to medium ranges i.e., 20 mts to which I tested both rifles Hurricane is more accurate from bench rest. But if you can handle this heavy gun easily for offhand shooting then in it's price range it is a good choice.

But if you wish to use a scope the cheek piece needs some modifications. And I shoot with a scope only.

GNV

main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Suggestions for first AR

Post by main13 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:53 pm

There is another, still cheaper option in the form of SDB. But then you get what you pay for.. Whichever gun you buy, I'd recommend you buy it from the ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER as against some local bandook dealer or online website who will not only fleece you off significant amount of extra cash but also provide you with little or no after-sales support.

Hurricane from its OEM costs 8000 while Amazon sells it @15000+. Same holds for SDB..
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods.