Revenant film truth about guns

Posts related to rifles.
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Revenant film truth about guns

Post by Sakobav » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:33 am

http://www.americanrifleman.org/article ... his-rifle/

Also Glass was actual person and off course story isnt exactly the true narrative

For Advertising mail webmaster
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Revenant film truth about guns

Post by xl_target » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:11 pm

The Luckenbill built rifles are a work of art!
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:12 am

the idea because of he’s half-Native American the racism angle could come in and you could show the cultures and how they blended together.
So many historical movies have been ruined beyond redemption because of the pressing psychological need of the movie makers (and the public??) to force-fit 21st century political correctness on the realities of 19th century (and earlier) life.

I remember a version of Verne's "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea", where the Professor's servant, Passepartout, is an escaping African-American slave! And Alistair Maclean's "Force 10 from Navarone" was retro-fitted with an escaping African-American soldier, in place of the Greek, Andrea.
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:12 pm

Thanks Navi. A great read on Holi. In fact, after I read the article it struck me that I didn't notice how short the barrel was while watching the movie. Now it all coming together.

Thank you

Cheers
TC