.22 Hornet

Posts related to rifles.
shifuhpanda
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

.22 Hornet

Post by shifuhpanda » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:34 pm

Hello guys, I would like to enquire the availabilities and a price of. 22 hornet and it's ammo in India .

Sent from my C2305 using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: .22 Hornet

Post by Vineet » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:09 pm

Have seen CZ and Savage .22 hornet rifles in market, priced between 4 to 6 lacs. Ammo available for around Rs. 400 each.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:39 pm

shifuhpanda wrote:Hello guys, I would like to enquire the availabilities and a price of. 22 hornet and it's ammo in India .

Why are you interested in the .22 hornet. It is the least powerful among the other centrefire rifles except probably the .22 WMR. It was introduced as it could be used for some hunting and the ammunition was not expensive and it could be hand loaded.
Here in India you do not get these advantages like ammo is 10 times more expensive and there are no reloading supplies.

Atul

shifuhpanda
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by shifuhpanda » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:44 pm

Thank you guys for enlightened me... So iof 22lr with a magnum ammo will be the best I guess..
Kindly suggest

miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by miroflex » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:15 pm

Atul,

The .22 WMR is the .22 Winchester Magnum Rimfire which is not a centre-fire cartridge at all.

The .22 Hornet has enjoyed a wide popularity for a variety of reasons. Surely the OP is entitled to his personal preferences.

Almost any centre-fire cartridge can be hand-loaded, given the requisite supplies and tools, not just the Hornet.

Best.
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:43 am

miroflex wrote:Atul,

The .22 WMR is the .22 Winchester Magnum Rimfire which is not a centre-fire cartridge at all.

The .22 Hornet has enjoyed a wide popularity for a variety of reasons. Surely the OP is entitled to his personal preferences.

Almost any centre-fire cartridge can be hand-loaded, given the requisite supplies and tools, not just the Hornet.

Best.
Microflex,

I am not ashamed to admit that I am here to learn, As per my understanding the biggest advantage was cheap and reloadable ammo. Both of these advantages are totally lost in India.
So it would be an eye opener for me as to why a Hornet, that of course if he wishes to disclose.

Atul