Who shoots what ?

Posts related to rifles.
Oggie
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Who shoots what ?

Post by Oggie » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:57 pm

I'm mighty curious as to what we shoot/hunt regularly ? I'm a .22LR fan when it comes to small game or target shooting. I shoot a Hatsan Optima U/O for clays and birds and use a 7mm08 for bigger game hunting. I also owned a .204 and a .223 that I loved ! Might I add that I'm based in NZ so hunting is absolutely legal.
What do you folk shoot/hunt ?

For Advertising mail webmaster
kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Who shoots what ?

Post by kshitij » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:23 pm

Animal silhouettes, beer cans & bottles, sugar cubes, paint balls, chalk sticks, eggs, spray cans, home made reactive paper targets, duelling trees, so on and so forth.
Basically anything that reacts to being shot at. Smaller the target and bigger the reaction, the better :D
Usual range is at 50 to 100yards. And usual guns used are .22 air rifles.
There is a blanket ban on hunting here and the only things permitted to be shot are rats. So no hunting of any kind for the majority of us.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:41 pm

kshitij wrote:Animal silhouettes, beer cans & bottles, sugar cubes, paint balls, chalk sticks, eggs, spray cans, home made reactive paper targets, duelling trees, so on and so forth.
Basically anything that reacts to being shot at. Smaller the target and bigger the reaction, the better :D
There is a blanket ban on hunting here and the only things permitted to be shot are rats. So no hunting of any kind for the majority of us.

Animal silhouettes, beer cans & bottles, sugar cubes, paint balls, chalk sticks, eggs, spray cans, home made reactive paper targets, duelling trees, so on and so forth. ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Oggie...You're lucky to pursue your hobby....Small Game, Big Game & what have you :D
As Kshitij so succinctly wrote, its pots, cans, animals & bird cutouts of metal & cardboard ROTFL ROTFL
Our government's blanket ban on hunting & issuing arms licences is a real damper :oops:
So what's the latest with you....send some pics!
Briha

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:59 pm

Nice one Kshitij :lol: :lol:

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:58 pm

kshitij wrote:Animal silhouettes, beer cans & bottles, sugar cubes, paint balls, chalk sticks, eggs, spray cans, home made reactive paper targets, duelling trees, so on and so forth.
:agree: :agree: and these things also you can't shoot anywhere you feel like it. It has become pointless to get a License and then buy expensive guns.

Regards

Atul

Commonwealth_of_PA
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Commonwealth_of_PA » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:25 pm

I mostly shoot targets and soup cans. I like soup cans because they are heavy enough not to blow over under most conditions. I also shoot Tannerite:

http://www.tannerite.com/

I shoot steel with armor piercing incendiary ammo and high explosive armor piercing incendiary ammo. Abandoned cars and stuff. Bowling pins. Steel target trees.

I don't hunt but I have nothing against it and I take no **** from any man, woman, or small mammal so I stand ready :) Fortunately, the past decade or so the only things I have had to kill is mice in my house and moles in my garden. But I'll kill anything that messes with me, mine, or my property. I've had some animals decide to eat my plants, chew on my house, or squawk/howl at 4 AM on a regular basis. But I've been able to chase them off after a few tries or by the time I was really fed up and decided to blast them, they got the message and moved on. So everybody's been happy at my current house :)

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:47 pm

Tannerite would be really fun, can imagine doing a bunch of super stuff with it.
Unfortunately like most good things it is not available or legal here, so tried using a mixture of toilet cleaner and aluminium foil but sadly the results were not near as dramatic.
@all guys abroad, some plinking, hunting videos would be highly appreciated :)
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:58 pm

Moulindu shoots 500 mg Calpol tablets.
I shoot Coke/Pepsi caps and deformed pellets on floor.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

Commonwealth_of_PA
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Commonwealth_of_PA » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:08 pm

kshitij wrote:Tannerite would be really fun, can imagine doing a bunch of super stuff with it.
Unfortunately like most good things it is not available or legal here, so tried using a mixture of toilet cleaner and aluminium foil but sadly the results were not near as dramatic.
@all guys abroad, some plinking, hunting videos would be highly appreciated :)
I'll try to get some video of my next shoot. I have very few videos uploaded online and don't even remember the login info. Here is one at a coal pit. I fired up my buddy's gong in the video but I didn't know it couldn't handle rifle rounds. Oops!

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:32 am

Damn man, that looks like a ton of fun! Looking forward to see more such videos :D
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

Commonwealth_of_PA
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Commonwealth_of_PA » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:33 am

I have better tracers now :) Those didn't light up until 100m our of the barrel (M856) and you could barely see them.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:04 am

Here is one of CK going full-auto:

“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

herb
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by herb » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:45 am

Between a 30-06 and 12 ga most of my hunting needs are met. Throw in a .22 and the fun part is covered too.

Herb

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:59 am

herb wrote:Between a 30-06 and 12 ga most of my hunting needs are met. Throw in a .22 and the fun part is covered too.
Herb
:agree: :agree: :agree:
It so with me till a decade ago - then came the blanket ban on hunting & the price of ammo went through the roof ROTFL
Briha

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:17 am

xl_target wrote:Here is one of CK going full-auto:
[youtube][/youtube]
CKK - Looked like you were shooting "Blanks" man ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Briha