M1 US Carbine from the auction

Posts related to rifles.
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: M1 US Carbine from the auction

Post by nagarifle » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:52 am

ckkalyan wrote:With nagarifle's permission, I would like to reply to this post after a long time (my last comment on this thread). He had politely asked me to desist a while ago while he cooked up 'something'. So, is the issue sorted out now nagarifle? :mrgreen:

I accept your gracious offer of shipping a me genuine, battle worn, M1 Carbine Commonwealth_of_PA , like a shot. I can PM you my address...:D

ROTFL ROTFL sorted it out. it was as said. please see the last few post above this one.
hi fi fo i smell the blood of a troll ROTFL
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

For Advertising mail webmaster
kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:48 am

One troll, one post and we have 4 pages of entertainment ROTFL

On a serious note, whenever you guys go for the next auction, please do call me too. I have my list ready!

Also, from what i hear, one doesnt need any license to keep the stuff brought from these auctions.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:37 am

kshitij wrote:One troll, one post and we have 4 pages of entertainment ROTFL

On a serious note, whenever you guys go for the next auction, please do call me too. I have my list ready!

Also, from what i hear, one doesnt need any license to keep the stuff brought from these auctions.
Off course license is not required. Why did you think otherwise...
And seriously these posts should be shifted to the humor section by the mods.

Atul

Commonwealth_of_PA
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Commonwealth_of_PA » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:32 pm

I want that cannon! :)

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:04 am

PRITAM PATEL wrote:what Cal ?
30-06 ?

regards
The M1 Carbine is chambered for its own cartridge, a short straight-cased round; much less powerful than the .30-06.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:55 am

Commonwealth_of_PA wrote:I want that cannon! :)
Contact @kanglasa. He will arrange for you. ROTFL

Atul

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:42 am

Commonwealth_of_PA wrote:Return address on the parcel will be:
Commonwealth_of_PA
C Block, Federal Prison :D
:lol: Good one Commonwealth_of_PA

But seriously, I can import a gun into Canada from the USA, relatively simple, really! All you need to do is to hand over the M1 Carbine to an FFL. :D

Borderview International Firearm Logistics
Steps for Importing a Firearm into Canada

We make it easy, cost-effective, and time-efficient.

Other exporters require you to do all of the work on the Canadian side of the border. Due to our location only five minutes from the U.S.-Canada border, and having our own ‘Firearms Business License’ within Canada, we are able to provide a seamless service and handle the Canadian requirements for you (Import Certificate, Registration, etc.). So, the “steps” involved are really pretty simple. There’s just a few important things you need to understand and do in order to have a smooth experience.

Here’s the summary. More detail for each step can be found below.
  • * Buy your gun(s). Identify the firearm model(s) to be ordered; arrange order with U.S. seller. If you don’t have a seller in mind yet, a good place to look is GunBroker.com. (Some U.S. sellers are hesitant about selling to out-of-country buyers, but you can reassure them that they’ll be shipping to an “FFL exporter” who will take care of everything).

* Fill out the form. You (or the seller) need to fill out a ‘Transfer Form‘ for each gun, with information about the gun, the buyer, and the seller. You can download the form by clicking here. The completed transfer form must be in an envelope attached to the outside of the box when the seller ships to us. This form ensures that your gun is properly sorted when it arrives here; absence of the form may add weeks to the timeline.

* Wait patiently for about 6 to 8 weeks. We take care of all of the paperwork while you go on with your life for about six weeks. This includes the Canadian Import Certificate, the U.S. export license, Registration if applicable, and several related filings. During this time we’ll also invoice you for your export fees, shipping and taxes due.

* Receive your gun(s)! Once we have approval, we bring the guns across the border in-person, to be delivered to you. We’ll need a copy of your PAL, of course. If you’re in Vancouver area you may be able to arrange in-person pickup, otherwise we’ll ship your item(s) to you by CanadaPost, with insurance (ammo can’t go by Post, so we’ll ship it another method).
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

kanglasa
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kanglasa » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:54 pm

Sorry again for the late reply. I got this through the army and i have entered it on my licence. The licensing authority first refused saying carbine is ban and not authorised. I some how met the DC and convinced him. Rounds are available with the ordinance depot and its dirth cheap like 45rs a round but then they issued me only 25 round.

I have now ordered a telescopic butt stock body to replace the wooden part. And trying to add rail for sights. Will upload the complete tactical assembled m1.

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:48 pm

just for some info.....30 Carbine ammo is not prohibited. Its the rifle that fires it is, as it happens to be a semi auto and some of them were designed to go full auto as well. I know a gentleman who owns a Ruger Single Action Revolver in this caliber. The 30 Carbine can be endorsed on a regular lisence if its altered permenantly by disabling self loading option. Indeed a very impractical round for targeting or plinking due to scarcity of ammo in india.

Marksman

kanglasa
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: RE: M1 US Carbine from the auction

Post by kanglasa » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:44 pm

:deadhorse: t
aadhaulya wrote:
rashmindersingh3 wrote:
kanglasa wrote:hello guys, i am new here and i just want to tell you that i love guns and only guns...i have a few collection of guns and i recently acquire the old WW2 M1 US Carbine. if you guys love it or heard about it i will tell you. i got it through the military auction.....yes in India.
I want a gun
Raminder,

If you want a gun buy one...

kanglasa, is an amazing fellow he has a beautiful collection of guns including prohibited bores. And all of them bought dirt cheap from govt./ military auctions and he doesn't disclose where these auctions take place. Even or Army friends can't find such auctions.
Please go through his posts for an insight in his arms collection (no photographs though).

1. He has just bought this M1 Carbine
2. M20 or Tokarev. https://www.indiansforguns.com/search.p ... 4&sr=posts
3. Glock 25
4. 85FS Cheetah Bereta https://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopi ... 13#p226513

Boy he must be well connected to have a license for at least 4 weapons. Also as he has a PB License owns a carbine and that too in Delhi.. Wow man

Atul

Dear atul
i do have all the above listed weapon and i know 3 weapon per person so i have one in my wife's name. Dont worry you can check out the weapons in my youtube channel ' Nungleppam'. Yes you need to have links and be in a place where weapons are available in plenty... so where i am and where i have served weapons are plenty

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:59 pm

Its a quirky thing but isnt the army allocation of weapons to personnel sometimes called auction..even though technically its not one. They simply call you in and issue a gun? Some guys have better luck than others or pull and get pick of the litter..maybe its terminology we are getting confused with and word auction..auction is also used for weapons the bigshots get to buy like MP etc

navisid
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by navisid » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:43 pm

please guide me how to get licence for 30 carbine being a semiautomatic weapon. Can i buy a semi automatic carbine and get it converted into single shot?
regards

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:05 am

navisid
Check this forum about licenses - semiautmatic is toughest to secure unless one is in defense forces or inheriting a gun. You can find your answers just do research here

navisid
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by navisid » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:59 pm

ngrewal
Thanks

kanglasa
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kanglasa » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:03 pm

navisid wrote:please guide me how to get licence for 30 carbine being a semiautomatic weapon. Can i buy a semi automatic carbine and get it converted into single shot?
regards
Sorry you can't get licence for auto or semi auto, the carbine I have is now mod for firing single shot and it was done at ordnance depot jabalpur.

And regarding allotment, I had first applied for 7.62 mm pistol but when I saw my waiting list, I had changed it to carbine m1 as during 2011 there was a one time change of choice being offered.thats how I got the weapon, or else I would still be waiting for it.
I walk as if I rule the world or else i walk as if I don't give a damn who the heck rules the world and remember there is a hairline differences between a foolhardy and bravery.
EK GOLI DO DUSHMAN