Looking for a good air rifle

Posts related to rifles.
bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Looking for a good air rifle

Post by bennedose » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:31 am

maverick786us wrote: And are these .2mm cartridges dangerous to cause serious injuries if accidentally stuck?
They are not 0.2mm. They are .22 inches=5.6mm and they can cause serious injuries.

Please see a "Air Gun primer" video I have made

[youtube][/youtube]

For Advertising mail webmaster
maverick786us
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by maverick786us » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:49 am

One last question. Does these air rifles comes with semi-automatic mode? I mean, like in all air rifles you have to load one cartridge at a time and shoot? Does these air rifle have the option of multiple cartridges?

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:13 am

These are pellets, not cartridges. There's no "firepower" involved. Just plain ole' lead molded into a shape.

Semi-automatic in simple springer AR, hmm idea is great but too much to execute & fail. So nop, these all are single shot. What benne shows is what it is.

For semi, you'll have to look into PCP, CO2 air pistols etc. Just expect shock prices for the PCP ones though.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

maverick786us
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by maverick786us » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:15 pm

estousandy wrote:These are pellets, not cartridges. There's no "firepower" involved. Just plain ole' lead molded into a shape.

Semi-automatic in simple springer AR, hmm idea is great but too much to execute & fail. So nop, these all are single shot. What benne shows is what it is.

For semi, you'll have to look into PCP, CO2 air pistols etc. Just expect shock prices for the PCP ones though.
I did some research and discovered that .177 pallets are best, when it comes to
1) Accuracy
2) Long range and
3) Muzzle velocity

So does this NX 1000, is it a good rifle for long range shooting, just like these rifles?
1) Beeman X2,
2) Gamo Bole Collector,
3) Benjamin Trail NP XL Air Rifle,
4) Gamo Whisper CFR
5) Hatsan 125 Sniper Air Rifle
6) Weihrauch HW90 Breakbarrel Air Rifle

Single shot is fine, I don't want something semi or fully automatic. But, does these rifles or pistols comes with the option of multiple pallets. The idea is off course single shot, but the headache of loading after every single shot.

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:07 pm

It's "pEllet", the E, ie pellet. Not pallet, pallit, pillit, pillet. Sorry i had to do this coz there's too much of these & only so much of work here.

In simplest terms, .22 has got higher impact force due to the larger size & thus suitable for plinking/pure fun. .177 is lighter & thus got a flatter trajectory across range making it better for target practice. .177, .22, .25 or .50 are not best. Because there's no best. Pick whatever suits your need.

NX100 maybe the best India can offer, but comparing it to the Germans or magnums might be a stretch. It's a great effort & a very acceptable outcome.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects