Posts related to rifles.
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: MOST COMMON AMMO WHICH WILL ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE FOR RIFL

Post by xl_target » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:15 pm

bennedose wrote:
winnie_the_pooh wrote:
xl_target wrote:If forced to use a firearm indoors, I'd much rather use a handgun. A rifle or shotgun going off in the closed confines of a room would be painfully loud, even something as small as the .223 round.
Even a handgun going off in the confines of a room is going to leave you with ringing ears.
I'm guessing that this will be the least of all problems that are likely if a gun goes off in the confines of a room
That is true, guys, but its the lesser of two evils. I wouldn't want to let off any firearm in a closed room. Believe me, even shooting handguns in an indoor range, if you don't have your ear plugs in tight, hurts like hell. Unfortunately, Suppressors are not legal in this state. Apparently, the local politicians had watched too many Hollywood movies when they wrote the laws on that.
farook wrote:If for what ever reason I still had to use a rifle in a closed room it would be a 300 blackout.
300 Blackout was designed to be used primarily with a suppressor and subsonic ammo. Not being able to use suppressors here, its kinda pointless to use it with subsonic ammo. There are some supersonic rounds available for it, though. Still, unsuppressed, either round is going to be much louder than a 9mm handgun. Also shooting any rifle in town with neighbors all around is going to be irresponsible. Houses in the US don't have concrete walls. They are stickbuilt with sheetrock walls and vinyl siding, none of which will hinder a rifle bullet. You can put your fist through a sheetrock wall.

Your best bet is going to be an expanding or fragmenting handgun round that, hopefully, will not leave the confines of your home.

While we are on that subject, didn't Jim Corbett mention in one of his stories that someone had let off a rifle in close proximity to him once and it ruptured his eardrum.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

For Advertising mail webmaster
farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:26 pm

Speaking of 300 Blackout here is something....

Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:01 pm

This 300 Blackout thing is the latest fad.

It allows a 30 caliber on an AR15 platform, but it doesn't have 7.62x39 ballistics, which itself is the low side of 30-30 ballistics. It's not Superman and it's hardly faster than a speeding train.

Wait a few minutes and the magazines will promote the next super round, probably after the fashion industry releases its new styles for Winter.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:45 pm

My younger son-in-law, who just started his hog-hunting career down in Texas, was all keen on getting a 300 Blackout. A bunch of the locals had advertised its potency on elephant, rhino, & Cape Buffalo, no doubt. Of course, he was attracted to the idea of having one of those nice black things such as XL and Baljit have been tempting us with on these pages.

He told me that he wanted something that would work for deer, hogs, and maybe elk. Using the advice I had received from XL, Two Rivers, and others , regarding a gun for my Grandson, I told him to consider a Ruger American, Marlin M7, and Savage Axis (in that order) in .308. I'm sure he'd have gone with an AR in 300 Blackout until he looked at the price tag. He then jumped on a Savage Axis in 308 with scope, took it out, and bagged his second hog.

As XL notes, this 300 Blackout is a specialized round intended for a specialized use on the AR platform. For a guy or gal who already has a bunch of guns, it would be a fine thing. But as a defensive gun for Mr. or Ms. Juan or Juana Q Public, in all of those scenarios I've mentioned before: walking down the street, sleeping in bed, or whatever, I'd rather have my CZ70 in .32 ACP.

It costs too much to get a shoulder holster or an inside-the-waistband holster rigged up for an AR, and an AR under the pillow is liable to put kinks in my neck.

Of course, on a SWAT team or urban warfare team, where I have the flak jacket, night vision goggles, tons of training, and bells and whistles, an AR in 300 Blackout with a suppressor might be just the defensive gun I'd want.

But I don't think I'll sign on for that sort of duty in the near future.

Harry S. Truman

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:03 pm

I am actually beginning to like this G2 stuff. This one looks scary...

I must say the 300 blackout looks quite promising. Wont be surprised if the HK comes up with a MP for this round.

Tavor is on it too

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:36 am

Keep in mind that cheap 300 Blackout is a dollar a round. Some, like Remington's is quite a bit more.
These G2 rounds are probably substantially more.

If I really wanted something that hit hard in an AR-15 package, I'd go with .458 SOCOM.
Then there is the AR-10 which will substantially out perform the 300 blackout.

For in home SD, where I live, none of the above.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:41 am

If I really wanted something that hit hard in an AR-15 package, I'd go with .458 SOCOM.
Wow never heard of that round before. Looks like a hard hitter

http://wilsoncombat.com/new/458-socom-project.asp

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:31 am

A while back I posted some info on this round.
You can see the thread here.
http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14264

My daughter with the .458 SOCOM

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:41 am

AMMO WHICH WILL ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE FOR RIFLES ( especially in INDIA) and all over the world till dooms day are .22 and 30 06 .

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:02 pm

Available in both Sub Sonic and Super Sonic, 54 usd for 20 cartridges. If want something that should not disintegrate on contact, a variant called 300 Blackout Trident

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:46 am

I have two favorite self defense rounds, and I'm sure they will always be available.

First, there is this 5.56mm Folded round. It is perfect for self defense, because I can fire it over the top of my head to anyone following me. It is a proven fact that few attackers expect to be resisted when they are behind a defender. You can imagine the surprise they will receive when they are on the wrong end of this bad boy!

But that's not all this powerhouse has to offer; it has a secret trick up its sleeve. The bullet is not a real one -- it actually serves as a cap for a canister loaded with flechettes:

When the entire projectile clears the barrel, each flechette is specifically targeted to strike a vital part of the attacker at a range of 10 yards: two flechettes will strike his eyes, one will hit between his eyes, one will strike his heart, and one will strike his liver. These new rounds are super secret now, but you will see them announced for sale soon.

Until then, you will want to stick with the most deadly cartridge currently available, the mighty 82mm x 144.5mm Gameboy:

Sadly, these are usually reserved for Special Forces at this time, but if you want the best, you have to pay the price!

Harry S. Truman

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:04 am

It costs too much to get a shoulder holster or an inside-the-waistband holster rigged up for an AR, and an AR under the pillow is liable to put kinks in my neck.
First, there is this 5.56mm Folded round.

you will want to stick with the most deadly cartridge currently available, the mighty 82mm x 144.5mm Gameboy:
Timmy, hats off!

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Dear Mods, please move this to the humour section!!

On a serious note, out here, the best defensive round for the vast majority of ordinary civilians is something promoted since times immemorial by all Holy Books, religious gurus, etc. It's called PRAYER!!!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley