AR-15; the progeny of genius.

Posts related to rifles.
TC
Veteran
Veteran

Re: AR-15; the progeny of genius.

Post by TC » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:07 pm

XL,
You have taken me back to the day when my father got for me a machine gun from Japan, disassembled in about 100 plastic parts and with a huge instruction sheet. The adrenalin rush cannot be too different for you now.

Thanks for a great post. Oh ! my wife has got used to my crying in sleep and after the initiation, is not mad with the guys at IFG :lol:

TC

For Advertising mail webmaster
TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:09 pm

Baljit I am eagerly waiting for you to take us through a field test of that fantastic trigger you got :D

Or, should I call it a field day ? :D

TC

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:47 pm

What a lovely thread.
Waiting to see the finished products and the range reports.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:51 pm

TC wrote:XL,
You have taken me back to the day when my father got for me a machine gun from Japan, disassembled in about 100 plastic parts and with a huge instruction sheet. The adrenalin rush cannot be too different for you now.

Thanks for a great post. Oh ! my wife has got used to my crying in sleep and after the initiation, is not mad with the guys at IFG :lol:

TC
TC,
Your dad was a wise man. He knew what boys like to play with.
That would have been a cool toy for any kid.

As a kid, I remember seeing the ads for Mattel's M-16 copy and being so envious.
image from HERE
Unfortunately, when I was a kid, I was reduced to making my toy machineguns out of bits of wood and broom handles.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:31 pm

xl_target wrote:Ashok,
Maybe this video that shows how the bolt carrier group (BCG) disassembles, will explain the function of that pin.
What's neat is that no tools are needed for disassembly. The tip of a bullet is often all that's needed.

[youtube][/youtube]
Hi xl
i think you didnt understood what i wanted to know.you have posted link about disambbly of ar 15 bolt.i wanted to know how semiauto works in ar 15.when a ar 15 is loaded its bolt is locked with barrel lugs.when a cartige is fired bolt does not open becose it is locked with barrel lugs or grooves.but when bullet passes trough barrel at some point gas passes backword trough gasport(where gasport is depends on barrel length)and gas pushing back bolt assembly and here ram came into play.bolt pushes ram back and bolt rotates right and disengages from barrel.spent cartrige is ejected

dear xl and baljit paaji kindly correct me if i am wrong.
so how much i learned after you started thread xl?
Last edited by Kittu on Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:51 am

Ashok
This video may be help you to understand how these gun works.

[youtube][/youtube]

Enjoy
Baljit

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:06 am

Ladies and Gentlemen,
We are very close.
On inventorying the parts, I found that they had shipped me two bags of springs instead of one bag of springs and one bag of detents.
On contacting them, it was assured that they will ship out the missing parts. ASAP.

So I assembled what I could but at present have no magazine catch or bolt catch installed.
My goal is still to finish the build this weekend. I'm going to see if I can scrounge the parts before then.

Here is the (almost) complete rifle assembled.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:50 pm

Looking very good XL. :cheers:

Baljit

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:58 pm

xl
nice looking rifle congrats.lets se how it shows in range.went trough some old threads on ifg today and found you can build a tractor too haha,same like me when i had to overhaul engine of my yamaha 350 bike and there was no macanic to do it.thanks again for a wonderfulthred

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:04 pm

baljit bhai ji
your video was very informative thanks.looking forward for pics of your rifle
Last edited by Kittu on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:05 pm

xl_target wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen,
We are very close.
On inventorying the parts, I found that they had shipped me two bags of springs instead of one bag of springs and one bag of detents.
On contacting them, it was assured that they will ship out the missing parts. ASAP.

So I assembled what I could but at present have no magazine catch or bolt catch installed.
My goal is still to finish the build this weekend. I'm going to see if I can scrounge the parts before then.

[ Image ]
Here is the (almost) complete rifle assembled.

I WANT THAT ONE ..... PLEASE GOD PLEASE

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
XL this looks COOL. BTW My father got an MP44 for me. Sad I lost it in a gun fight :lol: The kid who broke it got a black eye in return ROTFL

TC

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:42 pm

DADA
dont weap so loudly my ears are burning.kick the **s of your local mp.these are those who plays role of god in india :D

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:41 am

ashokgodara wrote:DADA
dont weap so loudly my ears are burning.kick the **s of your local mp.these are those who plays role of god in india :D
Ashok,
Absolutely! You have put your finger on the crux of the matter.

I will post a report as soon as I can get the the range. Right now it is under about four feet of snow.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:32 am

XL this looks COOL. BTW My father got an MP44 for me. Sad I lost it in a gun fight :lol: The kid who broke it got a black eye in return
TC,
What a shame!
He certainly deserved the black eye.

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:59 pm

hi xl
range under four feet of snow.when this snow will melt.i were in your place i would have blasted all ku band lnb of neibureres haha.and after spendind some time in us jail they whould have deported me or kicked meto india.dont do its only joke.wishig you best of luck with your new rifle