What would be a fair price to offer for a Mannlicher?

Posts related to rifles.
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: What would be a fair price to offer for a Mannlicher?

Post by Vikram » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:29 am

That was some very helpful info, Monish. But, why do you suggest .308 and 7mm? Is the ammo for them readliy available in India?

Thanks in advance.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

For Advertising mail webmaster
monty3006
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by monty3006 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:28 am

Vikram,
Ammo for 3006 and 7mm is available by the tons. This includes 7x57, 7mm Rem Mag, and .270 W (not really a 7mm but close). Most dealers in mumbai and delhi have imported it. 308 is also available.

Monish

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:03 am

Tons of 7mm Rem Mag ammunition available in India? And 308/7.62 Nato? I presume this is a joke for the humour section, if it is not deliberate BS.

Would request Abhijeet to look at this thread. My troll alert is on and I'll be watching.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:40 am

It's okay, Mehul. I have known Monish for some years now and he is a gun nut like any of us.

His information may or may not be wrong but he is not a troll.

Mack The Knife

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:01 am

Mack The Knife,

Thanks for this post. Do have to be careful after the hacking attempts. Still cannot get over the "tons" of 7mm Rem and 7.62 ammunition business... Sorry for the troll inference but would request that this post be corrected as it is definitely bunk.

Mehul

monty3006
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by monty3006 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:41 am

guys
wots a troll?

Mack The Knife,
didya get the mail?

Mehul,
Do u or any 1 else needs ammo? I know the rit places 2 get it.

doc naren
didya get 250/3000 ammo that I told u about?

Sat,
Talk man
Monish

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:44 pm

Yes, got all three e-mails. Will put them up in the relevant section.

Thanks.

Mack The Knife

P.S.: A troll is a chubby chap with specs and curly hair who tries his best to get the MQS at GVM in 10m AP year after year after year. :mrgreen:

P.P.S.: Don't use text speak. I hate it! :evil:

monty3006
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by monty3006 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:53 pm

.P.S.: Don't use text speak. I hate it!

chat is not really my cuppa tea rustom.... wots text speak?

monish
Monish

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:09 pm

monty3006";p="3595 wrote:chat is not really my cuppa tea rustom.... wots text speak?

monish
Typing in short forms like people do on a cell phone.

Asif's another culprit. Cannot understand some of his ruddy posts at times.

Make the effort, even if it is not mandatory.

Now let's stop here before we hijack this thread. To pre-empt your next question, hijacking a thread refers to discussing subjects that are not connected to the subject at hand. A bit of digression is okay but too much of it is considered bad form.

Don't mind me though. I'm just a curmudgeon...

Mack The Knife :wink:

monty3006
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by monty3006 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:23 pm

U got me again on wise and noble and beneviolent of all beasts .... wots a "curmudgeon" ?

Monish :)
Monish

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:12 pm

monty3006";p="3587 wrote:Mehul,
Do u or any 1 else needs ammo? I know the rit places 2 get it.
Might want 400 rounds of 7mm Rem with 175 gr PSPs and a similar number of 308s with the 168 grain match bullet. Also, would 7x61 Sharpe and Hart ammo be available? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers,

Mehul

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:57 am

Hey Mack The Knife, so you`re curmudgeonly, I`m grumpy and Les is miserable........Are we the same person posting under different names ?
Mehul, glad to see that the art of sarcasm is not lost......and that being resident in the USA hasn`t affected your wicked sense of humour ! Be careful though - Americans - 99.5% of them anyway - don`t understand sarcasm, can`t see the humour in it and think it`s nasty. They prefer irony instead.......which 99.5% think they understand but are useless at !
No offence intended Mark !

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:43 am

Grumpy";p="3671 wrote:Hey Mack The Knife, so you`re curmudgeonly, I`m grumpy and Les is miserable........Are we the same person posting under different names ?
Mehul, glad to see that the art of sarcasm is not lost......and that being resident in the USA hasn`t affected your wicked sense of humour ! Be careful though - Americans - 99.5% of them anyway - don`t understand sarcasm, can`t see the humour in it and think it`s nasty. They prefer irony instead.......which 99.5% think they understand but are useless at !
No offence intended Mark !
I suppose the proper yank response is the same as the answer to "What is the difference between Ignorance and Apathy?"

I don't know and I don't care! :lol:

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:16 am

Since the thread has already gotten way off topic in regards to the price of a mannlicher I might as well help the wagon careen down the hill a little bit more.....

Speaking about the difficulties of my fellow countrymen in understanding humor, I have stopped telling this joke because literally 1/4 of the people I tell it to do not get it!

Back in the 1800's there were not a lot of jobs available on the eastern coast of the USA, and when it was announced that gold had been discovered in California one particularly hard working yet somewhat impoverished young man decided to set out across country to California.

Unfortunately, he only made half way across before he ran out of money and had to get a job as a bartender in a mining town in Colorado. However, he was by far the hardest worker in the saloon and never missed or was late for work. The Saloon owner noticed this and soon promoted him to be the manager (who was also the head bartender).

He told him "I respect the fact that you show up for work rain or shine or snow, or even if you are sick. However, if when you are working and you hear Big John is coming into town, I'll understand completely if you decide to close the saloon early."

The guy thanks the owner and says he'll keep that in mind.

Time went on and business was good and the mining town prospered. Then one day when the saloon was particularly busy, a gentleman stuck his head in the door and shouted "Big John's coming into town! Big John's coming into town!" No sooner had he said that, everyone just puts down their drinks and heads out the door. The guy thinks it is curious but he goes about his duties cleaning up the saloon and washing the glasses. A little time goes by and he starts hearing a commotion out in the street so he looks out the door and the scene is utter chaos out there! There are people running down the street dragging their children, shopkeepers pulling wagons up to their stores and just tossing their merchandise in then galloping out of town, frantic wives calling for their husbands, just all pandemonium.

The guy thinks this is interesting but he has some more work still left to do so he goes back inside and continues cleaning up. In a short while the din outside turn quiet and the town is pretty much empty. Then he notices a faint rumble in the distance which continues to get louder and louder until it is quite thunderous, and then with a loud crash the biggest man he has ever seen comes charging right through the door of the saloon!

The man has a big, black bushy beard and his arms are easily bigger around than the saloonkeepers waist, and he was riding a buffalo!

In one hand he had ahold of the buffalos hair, and in the other hand he was holding a rattlesnake, and he was whipping the buffalo with the rattlesnake!

He rides all the way up to the bar, then tosses the snake against the wall where it falls to the floor, stunned... Then he gets off the buffalo which tries to charge him and he punches the buffalo in the head and knocks it out cold!

Then he turns to the saloonkeeper and growls, "Give me a whiskey!" The keeper hands him a clean glass and an unopened bottle. The man take the glass and throws it against the wall where it shatters. Then he take the bottle and bites the top clean off! Then he drinks the contents of the entire bottle in one continuous long gulp!

The saloonkeeper was naturally getting a little nervous, especially since the snake and the buffalo we starting to come to, but the big man all of a sudden puts a gold coin on the bar, walks over and picks up his snake and shakes is a little so it starts to come alert, then goes and picks the head of the buffalo up by a horn and shakes it until it stumbles to its feet, then he jumps back on the buffalo with snake in hand and starts heading out the door.

The saloonkeeper is a little suprised by this, but the person was not any trouble and most certainly paid for the broken glass with the gold coin so he says "Would you like another drink?"

The man turns to him and says..................................

"Don't have time, Big Johns coming into town!"

Anyway, if you tell that to a group of 4 people around here one of them will look confused and not laugh!
Last edited by Mark on Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:42 am

ImageImage

A joke well told, Mark.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."