.22 Rifle BRNO Mod 2

Posts related to rifles.
cavalier
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

.22 Rifle BRNO Mod 2

Post by cavalier » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:31 am

Hi Friends,

I am a new comer to INDIANS FOR GUNS. I have some genuine queries about .22 rifle BRNO Mod 2. Is there a possible way to judge the life of a rifle barrel? If so please do let me know. Is it possible to replace a barrel of 22 rifle BRNO Mod 2, if so where does one get the replacement from and who does the fitting, what are the legal aspects to it.

I shall be grateful for suitable advice.

Cavalier

For Advertising mail webmaster
andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: .22 Rifle BRNO Mod 2

Post by andy_65_in » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:02 pm

Dear Cavalier had myself contacted a czech website for a .22 brno barrel replacement as i have a mod 1 and this is what they had to say-

Dear Mr. Andy
thank you for your email..
Yes, we can send you the barrel or complete zkm 451 rifle to your country !
We will only need your Buying Permit from your Police saying that you can have this !!

Please let me know about

My best regards

Marek Zak
Export Manager
www.9mm.cz

However this seems to be a complicated approach am looking for some interesting replies to your queryin the IFG. best wishes. andy

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:09 am

With ref erence to what has been brought out by Cavalier and me on the subject i am still quite keen to know as to the prospects of replacing my .22 brno mod 1 rifle barrel with a new? barrel from this Czech website i mentioned.any one any guesses as to whether this would be feasible under the present gun laws and if so how.Quite obviously a barrel replacement means the registered number of the weapon gets affected etc.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:27 am

Andy,Cavalier

As part of the ban wef 86,spares and parts are included in the list.

You cannot import any of the above.

If it were allowed,then everyone would be brandishing a new piece,wouldnt that be great :)

Sanjay

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:14 am

Ummm...

Something tells me that there may be a legal way to get spare parts for a licenced gun that is genuinely in need of a spare or two but it may involve a lot of paperwork and running around.

Could well be wrong though.

Mack The Knife

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:17 am

Mack The Knife Bana";p="22886 wrote: Ummm...

Something tells me that there may be a legal way to get spare parts for a licenced gun that is genuinely in need of a spare or two but it may involve a lot of paperwork and running around.

Could well be wrong though.

Mack The Knife
There is.But at the end of it I am sure the person doing it would have wished that he had not tried it in the first place.

penpusher

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:20 am

Thanks penpusher.

Mack The Knife

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:29 am

penpusher

Where can one get hold of the procedure for doing this.

Pl do share the details if you have them.

Sanjay

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:05 pm

Apply for a license to export and then import the firearm for the purpose of repair.Would be applicable to all imported firearms.Then you have to take the firearm with you as sending firearms through post is prohibited.Then on return you declare the firearm and are charged duty for the increase in the value of the firearm as a result of the repair undertaken.

Simple, isn't it :lol:

penpusher

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:46 pm

Cavalier
is there a possible way to judge the life of a rifle barrel? If so please do let me know. Is it possible to replace a barrel of 22 rifle BRNO Mod 2
HI! AFAIK for a .22 rifles brnos I have seen at our club -they look really used and nobody ever cleans them . If the barrel is nice and shiny inside after a clean , chk with a bore scope or simply look thru the muzzle with the bolt removed and take a white piece of paper and hold it at an angle to the breach and u will get a nice view inside the barrel. Will help if u do it next to a window with sunlight coming in. Will show u if there is any kind of erosion or corrosion damage to the bore. However since the .22 ammo is lubricated chances of any corrosion are remote . However the crown can b damage by a person not following proper cleaning procedure . Unless the barrel has a bulge or rings inside it -which can be from shooting out a obstructing bullet or muck - I have never seen a .22 with a bad barrel ;)

How are u deducing ur barrel is bad? Have seen guns which have fired a lakh rounds and are still going strong ! how does ur rifle group? if u can provide some more info mebbe it could b something other than ur barrel ;)

cavalier
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by cavalier » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:32 pm

Friends at IFG,

Thanks a ton for your prompt response to my queries. I shall be posting more Information Exchange shortly.

Cavalier

darellyad
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by darellyad » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:48 pm

HI!Greetings to you all..... I am new to this forum. I have been looking for a Brno CZ ZKM series 611 0r 617. I dont know wheter it is available in India or not if do kindly let me know. And if at all i have to purchase it from abroad do I have to go through the dealers wit FFL license or get some permit? Like Andy said the company was willing to send it to India, It wont be a problem to get a No objection Certificate from the Govt authorities.
Well, all i can say is that I am really in need to buy this gun...do leme know guys.