My New IOF .30-06

Posts related to rifles.
Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: My New IOF .30-06

Post by Skyman » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:32 pm

Want to come down to Bangalore Brihaji?
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

For Advertising mail webmaster
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:40 pm

Skyman wrote:Want to come down to Bangalore Brihaji?
Hi Skyman,
> Now that's very tempting :D
> Spent many a college vacation with my buddies from BMS college of engineering!
> God willing may make it one of these days :D
> Still have a few good friends & relatives living there.
Briha

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:06 pm

If you want, i can cook some spicy chicken for you... :D :cheers: .In exchange for shooting lessons... :) In fact, you and Mack can go head to head.He can't resist a good challenge.
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:44 pm

brihacharan wrote:Hi Guys,
> I note the reference to Kenneth Anderson made by fellow IFGians... let me tell you this...
> Many years ago when I was actively using my Winchester 30.06, I became a fan of Kenneth Anderson after reading his books.
> As he was living in Bangalore at that time, I even wrote him a letter relating my interest to meet him personally - the best part of this was that I did not have his address.
> However in one of his books he had mentioned about his house which was a red brick cottage type close to the Queen Victoria Statue.
> I simply addressed my letter to him - Mr. Kenneth Anderson, Red Brick Cottage, Near Queen Victiria Statue, Bangalore & posted it.
> I was literally blown away when I received a reply from him (hand written inland letter) expressing his surprise at the address I had written!
> He was gracious enough to invite me to his house with a request that I inform him a week in advance of my arrival.
> However it so happened that I had to go to Bangalore to attend a meeting & took the opportunity to drop in on Mr. Anderson un-announced (rather took a chance)
> I was received by Mrs. Anderson & his son Donald - they informed me that Mr. Anderson was hospitalized earlier that week & was recovering from Malaria which he probably contracted on one of his trips to the jungles.
> Since I had a flight to catch to Bombay later that afternoon - I spent time with Donald - who incidentally played the 'Double' for the Hollywood actor Stewart Granger who acted in the film "Harry Black & The Tiger"!!!!
> The walls of his drawing room was full of his photographs with Stewart Granger & display of quite a few firearms.
> Mr. Kenneth Anderson & I exchanged a few letters thereafter.... Sweet old memories!!!
Briha
Brihaji, incidentally I reached a portion of the book where he has a reference to his house. It reminded me of your post and letters and I thought I'd share. it goes-

"I live next to the 'Tamasha Bangla' (the museum) , close to the statue of the Great White Queen.....in between there is a big red house. That's where I live. Anderson dorai."

He explains this to the dacoit Mumptyvayan in 'The Queer Side of Things'.

Deepak1245
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Deepak1245 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:03 am

Nice rifle vivek !.Really nice weapon, I also have the same 2010 edition. I got this for total amt of Rs 92,000/-.Rifle is really very accurate and easy to use, no much recoil.

shooter50
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shooter50 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:11 am

Vivekpeter,
That eye relief on your scope appears to be too less for a 30-06. You would do well to move the scope a little forward. The 30-06 does kick a bit. No point banging your forehead with the eyepiece. I could be wrong too, finally it all depends, on how comfortable you are shooting the rifle.
All the best.

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:54 am

I will get the scope installed by some professional, that looks like a hack job.

I will shoot only 250 a pop ammo in my quality rifle, as I heard from a guy, IOF is quite accurate.

So put some nice rails and rings and shoot some ammo, until you run out of ammo, then shoot some more !!!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

drlizard
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by drlizard » Sun May 27, 2018 7:32 pm

This is an old post I stumbled across..so congratulations will be a few years too late.. lol. I'm new here.
How's the rifle holding up after all these years in case you still have it?

This seems to be the only reasonably priced and accurate mag fed 30-06 in our country.