Glenfield Marlin Model 10 single shot .22 cal Rifle

Posts related to rifles.
The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Glenfield Marlin Model 10 single shot .22 cal Rifle

Post by The Doc » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:07 am

Experts whats your take on Glenfield Marlin Model 10, single shot .22 cal Rifle in excellent condition. The seller is quoting 40k as the price which I think is too steep for a single shot rifle. I do understand that this firearm can later be converted into multishot firearm .

For Advertising mail webmaster
penpusher

Re: Glenfield Marlin Model 10 single shot .22 cal Rifle

Post by penpusher » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:11 am

It should not be more than 15-18,000/-

Sukpreet

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:50 am

A NRI friend of mine recently wanted to dispose off his .22 cal single shot English made (I forget the make) - he inherited it from his uncle who recently passed away and was not interested in retaining it as he is a US citizen. The price range quoted was INR 5,000-7,000 or so. So 40k for a single shot does sound ridiculous!

HTH

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:00 pm

Hi,

Most of .22 single shots sell be in the range of 15 -20 000. One can ask any ridiculous price. Yesterday only some one quoted 12 lacs for a 32 walther pistol....think sellers ask a price like that keeping in mind with the premise....KAL HO NA HO...and who knows u might get a price that u asked for

AC

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:06 pm

Hi Ortho,

Why do u want a single shot 22 Rifle...wont a .22 IOF which is 10 shot be better ..and wud cost much less than the 40 grand the seller for the single shot is asking....the only thing u wud need to do is have the stock slightly modified and repolished and may be the barrel reblued as it comes painted black.

AC

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:22 pm

AC,

I do own a IOF .22 rifle. A friend of mine was interested to buy that single shot so I asked.

Mundaire,

Has your NRI friend sold his single shot yet?

Experts,

Something about the performance of Glenfield Marlin Model 10 single shot .22 cal ?

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:36 pm

Ortho,

Nope he has not... I believe he is thinking of giving it away to his cousin now... haven't checked with him in a while, if you want I can ask. The gun was in Jaipur...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:40 pm

Its a 60-100 USD Rajesh , in the US, where the venerable IOF 32 revolver retails for 117 $

That Marlin is a basic single shot, good beginners gun to teach some basic handling and plinking.What you'd want to do with it depends on how far down the road you go...in a gun starved country like ours, jewelled bolt, sandalwood stock, rust blue barrel? Anything goes! ;) if its accurate out to 75yds, thats a lot, depending on the condition..But 40k? No way! penpusher's prices are absolutely on the mark.
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:59 pm

I cannot comment on the pricing, but I like this line of Marlin single shot 22's and recommend them highly.

Look to see if this is the model:

http://e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp? ... el=082Zz10

A couple of thoughts-

This gun cannot be converted to a repeater, it is ONLY a single shot.

Items to inspect are the collar over the end of the bolt, where the cartridge drops in. You have to remove the action and there is a small screw underneath if I remember correctly. Clean the collar and inside the receiver, and inspect both with a good light. Just looked at the diagram in the link, collar is part #12 and screw is #13. This is a really good design, makes loading so much easier especially with gloves (like that applies to India!), but nobody cleans this part and it can get grit in between the 2 parts.

Inspect the bore, as usual and also the sear surfaces on the hammer and sear striker.

At any rate, if you are happy with a single shot and reach an agreement on price, these are sound and durable rifles. And load a lot easier for those of us with larger fingers.
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:31 pm

Mundaire,

Can you please find out the make and condition of your friend's single shot? Also the price that he is expecting.

Thanks,

RP

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:43 pm

ORTHOPOD";p="13871 wrote: Mundaire,

Can you please find out the make and condition of your friend's single shot? Also the price that he is expecting.

Thanks,

RP
He is likely to be quite clueless about both questions! :lol: And since he is out of the country I don't think he can find out in a jiffy either....

But I'll do one better, if time is not a constraint - the next time I am in Jaipur, I'll go have a first hand look at it myself and give you my personal opinion on condition (hopefully with pics) along with the make etc. IIRC it is a break barrel single shot... that's all the info I have for now...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:31 am

Thanks Abhijeet,

My friend is in no hurry, so whenever you are in Jaipur next kindly let me know the details of that single shot.

Regards,

RP

Rilinkarlo
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Is used Glenfield Marlin Model 60 available in India? I wish to own one.

Post by Rilinkarlo » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:42 pm

Could anyone tell whether used Glenfield Marlin Model 60 .22 rifle available in India? I wish to own one.