IOF 30-06 is a Compromise!!!!

Posts related to rifles.
skeetshot
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: IOF 30-06 is a Compromise!!!!

Post by skeetshot » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:55 pm

Friends,

I note that this thread was first started in Nov 2010.

A lot of water has flown down the Ganges since then :)

And in that period of time, many many knowledgeable shooters have realised what a tremendous rifle the IOF 30-06 is.

I have rarely come across a rifle that shoots the lights out straight from the box as this rifle does. Half a minute of an angle with S & B match ammo is the norm.

With an adjustable trigger, hard chrome plated barrel that cleans out in seconds, for the price it cannot be beaten.

Yes, there are issues of feeding, smoothness of action, force of closing bolt . Most savvy gun owners are able to rectify these in less than Rs 10,000.

The wood can be changed and the price would depend upon the grade selected and level of workmanship desired.

Of course one can still look down on this great rifle and buy something else from the market. Starting prices of used 30-06 rifles is about Rs 5 lacs, and I doubt if any will outshoot the IOF. :)

Encouraging our local gunsmiths need not be frowned upon, maybe we should consider nurturing and encouraging them. :)

For Advertising mail webmaster
abbas raza
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by abbas raza » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:52 pm

hi dear do u have this modified .30-06 rifle now if yes .kindly reply

skeetshot
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by skeetshot » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:19 pm

abbas raza wrote:hi dear do u have this modified .30-06 rifle now if yes .kindly reply
Yes "dear" I have this rifle . :? :? :?

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:06 pm

skeetshot wrote:
abbas raza wrote:hi dear do u have this modified .30-06 rifle now if yes .kindly reply
Yes "dear" I have this rifle . :? :? :?

ROTFL
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:43 pm

Oh dear! :lol:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:25 am

skeetshot wrote:Friends,

I note that this thread was first started in Nov 2010.

A lot of water has flown down the Ganges since then :)

And in that period of time, many many knowledgeable shooters have realised what a tremendous rifle the IOF 30-06 is.

I have rarely come across a rifle that shoots the lights out straight from the box as this rifle does. Half a minute of an angle with S & B match ammo is the norm.

With an adjustable trigger, hard chrome plated barrel that cleans out in seconds, for the price it cannot be beaten.

Yes, there are issues of feeding, smoothness of action, force of closing bolt . Most savvy gun owners are able to rectify these in less than Rs 10,000.

The wood can be changed and the price would depend upon the grade selected and level of workmanship desired.

Of course one can still look down on this great rifle and buy something else from the market. Starting prices of used 30-06 rifles is about Rs 5 lacs, and I doubt if any will outshoot the IOF. :)

Encouraging our local gunsmiths need not be frowned upon, maybe we should consider nurturing and encouraging them. :)
I agree that the new rifle is not so bad as mentioned, in fact I rather like the rifle. One thing I was not aware of was that it has an adjustable trigger, though I am happy with the present setting. But can you please explain how can the trigger be adjusted in this rifle.

Regards

Atul

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:58 am

GUYS...GUYS....stop blaming our govt for this puny thing. One thing I assure you all of is that we are certainly not getting step nephewly treatment. Once you see our INSAAS in hands of our defenders you'd know I am talking the truth. Best thing of our political rulers is equality of product standards, whether forces or civilians.
cheers !!!
Marksman

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:08 pm

I agree marksman Iof INSAS rifles are great guns Indian can't afford good expensive rifles who cares our soldiers and Jawans they come from villages rural area. Their needs are minimum and what these rifles lack is made up by their patriotism josh etc, we save money to buy expensive tanks artillery real things that win war. Off course ak47 can always be bought at cheaper rates.. :deadhorse:

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:32 am

I agree that the new rifle is not so bad as mentioned, in fact I rather like the rifle. One thing I was not aware of was that it has an adjustable trigger, though I am happy with the present setting. But can you please explain how can the trigger be adjusted in this rifle.

Regards

Atul
see back of trgger guard you will find a screw to adjust two stage trigger.If you want to adjust trigger pull then look at magzine well there is a screw to adjust triggerr pull .if you doest find post here i will uplod photos
regards

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:54 am

ashokgodara wrote:see back of trgger guard you will find a screw to adjust two stage trigger.If you want to adjust trigger pull then look at magzine well there is a screw to adjust triggerr pull .if you doest find post here i will uplod photos
regards
Thanks Ashok, I have found the small screw at the rear of the trigger guard. But could not find the screw inside the magazine well.
Another thing I would like to know is that what is the function of the two stage trigger and what is it used for??

Atul

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:23 am

aah
give me some moments so i can click photos.for two stage trigger i have to call some old ifgns who can shed lights on matter.vinod ji,timmy ji ofcource grumpy and tworivers are requested to shed light on matter
thanks

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:30 am

Thanks buddy, for the effort you are putting in for my knowledge.

Regards

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:40 am

HI atul here is photo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:47 am

Ashok,

Thanks I have got it and have understood the function also, I think. Unscrewing it will reduce the tension of the trigger spring reducing the trigger pull weight, but excess reduction may make the trigger more sensitive and probably equally unsafe.
Now the only thing that remains is the function and effect of the two stage trigger. For this we will wait for the senior guys to get on line and hope they see this post.

Atul

hks2056
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hks2056 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:35 am

Who does not know that life itself is a compromise.You get what you can afford.Nobody in India has ever been forced to buy IOF product.Those who have purchased it have done so voluntarily.Never mind if IOF product are bad as some say.So is the condition of Indian roads.Most of which are bad except in large metros.I have Remington 30-06.Though never owned it but I had the opportunity of firing 50 rounds in one session from my friend`s IOF 30-06.I did not experience any feeding issues.It is more accurate than my marksmanship.Factory sights are not properly aligned with the bore. Reliability does not seem to be bad.I would humbly suggest my friends to fire 400-500 rounds from the rifle before making up their mind about the quality of the weapon.I am not interested in cosmetic looks.I look for reliability and accuracy only, both of which are met by IOF rifle.